(PS5) Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart

gospvg

13 minutes ago, Majora said:

Bit of a stretch to call that a gameplay trailer but it does look eye-popping. 

11 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I thought the same about it being a "gameplay" trailer. It's 90% cutscenes.

Sounds like there'll be ~15 minutes of footage at the next State of Play on Thursday.

Sony buying Insomniac for $229 million continues to be a bargain.

Don't expect this to look anything other than stunning, they just need to not make it feel like a PS1 game in terms of mechanics and character control as they've always felt a bit backwards to me as games.

• 2 weeks later...

hearing about the rift mechanic and how you can warp straight into a different parallel world wonder how they handle that on the disc version of the game, must have a mega install if this is all SSD trickery.

5 minutes ago, Gotters said:

hearing about the rift mechanic and how you can warp straight into a different parallel world wonder how they handle that on the disc version of the game, must have a mega install if this is all SSD trickery.

I assumed most games fully installed these days, is that not the case? Are disk installs lower than digital?

43 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Games don't run off of discs anymore. Nor did they last gen.

I do sense a new thread coming on though, this is £80 for the digital deluxe on the PS Store (which is just some skins, art stuff and in game currency for upgrades) - know you could get a tenner off that by buying credit on CD Keys but even still its stopping me from impulse pre-ordering without some more hands on previews, all these previews are shown footage running on console, but not being played by the journos

It looks like a high budget cgi cartoon movie. Stunning. 

Really looking forward to it but it's another game I will wait 6-12 months after release, because... Ye know.