(PS5) Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart

gospvg

Looks stunning. The detail and animation on the characters is fantastic as it the use of the new quick storage to bring a new element of gameplay in the quick world swaps.

Not sure why people with PS5's wouldn't be all over this - first big release from Sony that really pushes the hardware a bit and a great showcase for the system.....

25 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Looks stunning. The detail and animation on the characters is fantastic as it the use of the new quick storage to bring a new element of gameplay in the quick world swaps.

Not sure why people with PS5's wouldn't be all over this - first big release from Sony that really pushes the hardware a bit and a great showcase for the system.....

My plan was to finish Demon’s Souls, then get Hitman 3, then get/finish Returnal and then get Ratchet & Clank. I’m still on Demon’s Souls with a bit of H1 via H3 Free Starter Pack lol. Putting Wreckfest on Plus didn’t help either :D.

Very tempted to skip ahead and get R&C as I really enjoyed the PS4 version they gave away recently. I thought that looked amazing so I suspect this will just be another level.

6 hours ago, MattyP said:

I’m dubious about R&C at the best of times, and still thinking after the previews (and one screenshot of that robot) that I should be looking for deals. Are there any?

7 hours ago, MattyP said:

People will be all over it. 

Just not at £65-70.

I'm skipping Mass Effect Trilogy to buy this. Recently I also bought Retrunal and I'll be damned if I spend 190 quid on 3 games ok. Plus I do not think I can give ME the proper time while being distracted by other games.

9 hours ago, Fierce Poodle said:

Wrong. People are fucking desperate for new shit at the moment and will lap this up regardless of price.

Said Sony recently prior to launching Returnal. I suspect R&C to fare better although I’m not sure what it normally sells.

9 hours ago, Fierce Poodle said:

Wrong. People are fucking desperate for new shit at the moment and will lap this up regardless of price.

Just like they did with Returnal?

Edit: God damn it, Stanley.

Returnal is a new IP and is a difficult sell regardless. It does not scream mass appeal.

Ratchet & Clank however. Known franchise, colourful, looks like an animation, quirky characters. It'll sell, guaranteed.

15 minutes ago, df0 said:

Returnal is a new IP and is a difficult sell regardless. It does not scream mass appeal.

Ratchet & Clank however. Known franchise, colourful, looks like an animation, quirky characters. It'll sell, guaranteed.

It will, but not because people are desperate for something to play.

7 minutes ago, Fierce Poodle said:

Returnal is a niche title whereas R&C is a well-known brand. I’d be surprised if it doesn’t sell well.

Right, so it won’t sell because people are desperate for new shit, or if that’s true the price could still be a factor putting people off. 

I'll be watching eBay like a hawk for the next month for one of those 15-20% off promotions. They usually do one about once per month. If I can get it for approx £55 I'll bite like I did for Returnal. 

2 minutes ago, JPL said:

It looks excellent, but could they have made it any more annoying?

they could have got Chandler Bing from Friends in to do a voiceover ?

Just now, Gotters said:

they could have got Chandler Bing from Friends in to do a voiceover ?

Would that have really been any worse?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised at the amount of hype for this. Ratchet and Clank 2016 was a good game, but apart from how nice it looked, I can't remember a great deal about it. I suppose it's the shininess of it all that everyone's finding so attractive, and just having something exclusive to play on PS5. It's definitely a nice looking game.

6 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I'm surprised at the amount of hype for this. Ratchet and Clank 2016 was a good game, but apart from how nice it looked, I can't remember a great deal about it. I suppose it's the shininess of it all that everyone's finding so attractive, and just having something exclusive to play on PS5. It's definitely a nice looking game.

It’s a shiny exclusive. Waiting for a couple of reviews before a purchase though.

13 hours ago, Jamie John said:

I'm surprised at the amount of hype for this. 

I've loved all the Ratchet & Clank games (with the exception of maybe Q-Force as that was a bit tower defense rather than straight R&C). I just find them fun to play, great to look at and rather funny.

It helps that it is a bona fide PS5 exclusive that will, hopefully, show what the SSD can do.

3 hours ago, bumgut said:

Now it has a dash with i- frames and other mobility tools, I hope it can also be a hardcore fun action game at the higher difficulty levels

It does have a new difficulty level on top of Hard. I'm interested in checking that one out.

19 hours ago, Jamie John said:

“They’re good games Brent.”