Jump to content

(PS5) Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart


gospvg
 Share

Recommended Posts

Looks wonderful - all hail to games that just remember they are games and get on with it - it's a far more 'mature' approach than a lot of other stuff that desperately wants to be otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

This looks like Returnal but with bears.


Think I hate the main characters but the impulse hypebuy is getting strong…

 

If you've not played one of these before - its not really the same. I've struggled to understand the appeal of the actual gameplay here with the R&C series - they do look stunning and are brilliantly optimised.

 

I think as well a lot of appeal depends on what age you where when you first played one of these. For example - I've spoken to colleagues at work who where looking forward to new Crash Bandicoot recently, and I couldn't think of anything less I'd want to play to be honest - if you've been a Mario player from the start...

 

I feel its a bit like Sonic, with easy shooting (unless I never played enough for it to get harder), story cutscenes, and lots and lots and lots of things to pick up constantly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been trying to play the remaster, shooting, dashing, melee… it looks astounding and is smooth as hell. I can imagine the new one being like this but on a magnitude of steroids.
 

But Ratchet, and even more so, Clank, just come across as massive pricks. If I was stuck on a train with either of them, I’d move carriages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

Been trying to play the remaster, shooting, dashing, melee… it looks astounding and is smooth as hell. I can imagine the new one being like this but on a magnitude of steroids.
 

But Ratchet, and even more so, Clank, just come across as massive pricks. If I was stuck on a train with either of them, I’d move carriages.

 

You probably wouldn't hate them if there wasn't some stupid story to it with lots of dialogue.

 

Mario is that Princess Peach is in trouble, that's it, nothing more to say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How the hell is a new PS5 owner to resist this?!! Not even had the console a week yet, I’m truly addicted to Returnal (just beat the second boss today) and now this comes along just demanding to be bought. 
 

I’ll justify the purchase by telling myself I can play it to relax in between those long stressful Returnal runs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, englishbob said:

 

If you've not played one of these before - its not really the same. I've struggled to understand the appeal of the actual gameplay here with the R&C series - they do look stunning and are brilliantly optimised.

 

I think as well a lot of appeal depends on what age you where when you first played one of these. For example - I've spoken to colleagues at work who where looking forward to new Crash Bandicoot recently, and I couldn't think of anything less I'd want to play to be honest - if you've been a Mario player from the start...

 

I feel its a bit like Sonic, with easy shooting (unless I never played enough for it to get harder), story cutscenes, and lots and lots and lots of things to pick up constantly.

The first one I played was the PS4 remaster when I was 40. I loved it. I think it depends more on whether you can accept games focused on unpretentious fun. A gamey game if you will. The absolute opposite of something like RDR2 to name but one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Banjaxed said:

How the hell is a new PS5 owner to resist this?!! Not even had the console a week yet, I’m truly addicted to Returnal (just beat the second boss today) and now this comes along just demanding to be bought. 
 

I’ll justify the purchase by telling myself I can play it to relax in between those long stressful Returnal runs. 

 

I justified buying by paying in 4 installments and the fact this is the first exclusive that I think looks fun. And I need to justify having a PS5. My other half doesn't know why I keep it when it doesn't get used. 

 

If I didn't have the luxury of paying in installments then I would have waited. 

 

P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, englishbob said:

If you've not played one of these before - its not really the same. I've struggled to understand the appeal of the actual gameplay here with the R&C series - they do look stunning and are brilliantly optimised.

They are FUN games to play. They have been since the very first way back on PS2. I've played and loved every single one, and can't fucking wait for this. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really looking forward to this. As others have mentioned it just like a fun video game. Perfect companion piece to Mass Effect Legendary Edition for me. Can't wait for the weekend! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Did you tell them it was so you could keep moaning about it on here?

 

:lol:

 

*Not moaned about it for ages. You cunts always bring it up. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, yakumo said:

@deKayPS5 has a good game!!!


Is it a million times better than the previous R&C games because I found them utterly shit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, deKay said:


Is it a million times better than the previous R&C games because I found them utterly shit.

It sounds like all the others: very pretty, polished, but not doing anything with the conceit implied by the first trailer (surprise!!!). So I’ve bought a copy, because there’s fuck all else out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, footle said:

It sounds like all the others: very pretty, polished, but not doing anything with the conceit implied by the first trailer (surprise!!!). So I’ve bought a copy, because there’s fuck all else out.


I’m still happily working through PS4 games on my PS5 so I’m not that desperate yet.

 

Currently Fist of the North Star’ing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Thor said:

They are FUN games to play. They have been since the very first way back on PS2. I've played and loved every single one, and can't fucking wait for this. :D


This, this, this.

 

Given Horizon and GoW are apparently going cross gen it takes a new R&C instalment to still make me lust for a PS5.

 

Not enough to actually buy one just yet mind but I look forward to playing this gem in the future 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, footle said:

It sounds like all the others: very pretty, polished, but not doing anything with the conceit implied by the first trailer (surprise!!!). So I’ve bought a copy, because there’s fuck all else out.

 

Juxtaposed with the "shit hardware and software" comments in the playdate thread, I sometimes do wonder why people on here still play videogames.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to TheGameCollection, my copy has been dispatched. Wahey!! :omg:

 

I really hope it arrives tomorrow as that will take the edge of the whole family (five of us) having to self-isolate due to my eldest child being sent home from school for having a slight cough yesterday (no cough in the morning and nothing today!).

 

School wouldn't accept a lateral flow test so had to get him a full PCR test this morning and the results might take a couple of days to come through.

 

Uuuuurgh!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Bojangle said:

As a classic Nintendo fanboy would say - Do you not enjoy fun?!

 

It'll hopefully be a great learning experience for some - they've spent ages blindly believeing 'Nintendo is for kids and not for them', 'I just don't like any Nintendo output' and avoided playing anything that might taint them with 'the kiddeh', but now Sony look like they've gone and produced an excellent and very Nintendo-like game.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Ry said:

Ended up buying it, sounds amazing. Although paying in instalments. 

 

Will have it up for sale here probably middle of next week (i very rarely replay games)

If you do late me know 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Parappa said:

If you do late me know 😁

No worries. 

 

I will 100% be selling it as soon as I'm done btw.  £55 delivered. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, rgraves said:

It'll hopefully be a great learning experience for some - they've spent ages blindly believeing 'Nintendo is for kids and not for them', 'I just don't like any Nintendo output' and avoided playing anything that might taint them with 'the kiddeh', but now Sony look like they've gone and produced an excellent and very Nintendo-like game.....

 

Yeah, it's really cool that Ratchet and Clank is a new IP never before seen. No-one's ever played them on PlayStation before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Parappa said:

Deal

Cool. Hopefully it arrives on Friday and I can batter through it over the weekend (hangover permitting) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Yeah, it's really cool that Ratchet and Clank is a new IP never before seen. No-one's ever played them on PlayStation before.

 

You know what I meant - this is a new exclusive on PS5 when it's fairly slim pickings otherwise (certainly slimmer than at any other time one of these has been released), and looks like they've knocked it out of the park - it's going to be held up a lot more than any of the previous entries (with good reason if it's as good as it appears to be).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.