Jump to content

Star Wars Squadrons - PC/PS4/XB1/VR!


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Do we know if these PS4 HOTAS will be forward compatible with PS5? 

 

That was my thinking. I'll wait for them to clear things up - want to sell my Pro but if they aren't likely to meet demand would like this over Christmas and if it's good, would go HOTAS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hori stick is a different bag - for example in Ace Combat 7 you don’t configure it in the HOTAS menu, you do it via the regular controller options. It has a touch pad etc on the base. There’s also a switch to select PS3 or PS4 mode, so I believe it identifies to the game exactly as if it was a DualShock (which is why it works in No Man’s Sky and I was never concerned about compatibility with this either).


PS5 future compatibility on the other hand, seems less likely - but if the console plays the PS4 game supporting PS4 controls then I guess it will be fine.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Treble said:

Anyone know if this is getting a disk release on consoles? In a clean world I'd just buy it for PC, but I'd rather give EA precisely zero pounds and get a second hand copy. 

It is. I've got a PS4 disc copy on pre-order so it better be! :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Only 5 days to go pilots... :omg:

 

A few details about the progression system have been released here...

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/squadrons/news/pilot-briefing-ranks-rewards-progression

 

 

Damn it I'm away this weekend for a long weekend. It will be even longer knowing the code is sat in my inbox waiting for me... Although it is a leisure break with the missus so not all bad. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As an X wing and tie fighter [layer in the 90s I can't wait for this and have just pre ordered it - it's under £30 on ebay with game collection and a code right now.  I can't wait to get balancing my shields - I just hope the single player is good as I just don't do online. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, MattyP said:

 

Damn it I'm away this weekend for a long weekend. It will be even longer knowing the code is sat in my inbox waiting for me... Although it is a leisure break with the missus so not all bad. :) 

 

HFFG.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gospvg said:


Nice one, thanks for sharing :hat: 
 

I take it I‘d need PS+ to actually play this online? Not that I’m too bothered with online multiplayer gaming, I’m just buying it for general VR Star Warsing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Calashnikov said:


Nice one, thanks for sharing :hat: 
 

I take it I‘d need PS+ to actually play this online? Not that I’m too bothered with online multiplayer gaming, I’m just buying it for general VR Star Warsing.

 

Yep I think you will, I might try a few matches online to see if it clicks but mainly buying this for the campaign.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the lower price on this reflective of the campaign being touted as fairly short? Everything about it so far has looked great so will be picking this up to play from Friday. I played all of the original PC and then N64 iterations of the Star Wars flyers so absolutely buzzing for this!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MardiganX said:

Is the lower price on this reflective of the campaign being touted as fairly short? Everything about it so far has looked great so will be picking this up to play from Friday. I played all of the original PC and then N64 iterations of the Star Wars flyers so absolutely buzzing for this!

 

I think similar to SW Battlefront 2 it will be a 5 to 6 hour campaign.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.