Star Wars Squadrons - PC/PS4/XB1/VR!

ravnaz

2 hours ago, MardiganX said:

Is the lower price on this reflective of the campaign being touted as fairly short? Everything about it so far has looked great so will be picking this up to play from Friday. I played all of the original PC and then N64 iterations of the Star Wars flyers so absolutely buzzing for this!

Partly, but I think it also reflects the fact they've said this will receive no post-launch content.  My expectation, though, is that if it takes off EA will relent and reluctantly flog us expansions for £20 per go, all justified by the fact they released it for cheap to start with.  And, oddly, I think I'd be fine with that model - if it's as good as I think it might be, then I'd gladly pay more money for them to put more ships and scenarios into the game.

5 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

I just received notification that my eBay + voucher order from The Game Collection has been posted, with Royal Mail 1st class. So much for that end of October chat? :unsure:

Same, no idea guess we will find out in a few days if it arrives.

1 hour ago, Sixkiller said:

Partly, but I think it also reflects the fact they've said this will receive no post-launch content

If what you've seen is the same article I read a while back I think that was mainly Ian Frazier trying to head off comments about it being a cheap game because it was unfinished/going to be something they turn the screw on with paid add-ons (and being EA people are understandably wary).

I think overall Motive were just given some production runway to get this out as a bit of a passion project so they probably don't have a team on hand to dedicate to advancing it, however my gut feel is if it gets a bit of traction and the community ask - for example - for a longer story mode, etc... I could see that suddenly turning up on a EA stakeholder earning call just like it did for Fallen Order.

12 hours ago, gospvg said:

Aw thanks so much for that, wanted to spend the birthday money on it. Now...where's the cheapest place to get my PS4 online?

4 minutes ago, DUKENUKEM2UK said:

Does this have a VR mode just on the PS4 ?

The whole game runs in full VR on PS4 and PC, and it's all cross-play (so you can play on a PSVR against a non-VR PC player for example).

Nothing specific has come out about PS5 VR support other than them generally saying "the game will work" but the assumption is VR will be fine on that too as it's just the PS4 game running in backwards compatibility mode.

3 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

The whole game runs in full VR on PS4 and PC, and it's all cross-play (so you can play on a PSVR against a non-VR PC player for example).

Nothing specific has come out about PS5 VR support other than them generally saying "the game will work" but the assumption is VR will be fine on that too as it's just the PS4 game running in backwards compatibility mode.

PC with Rift could be winner here or may just see my dinner coming up

Just now, FiveFootNinja said:

Not had any notes on dispatch from Simply yet.

Just thought I ordered this and Cyberpunk together... they aren't going to do anything silly like hold back my Squadrons disc to send them together are they?!

I'd imagine you'll have it tomorrow.

On 28/09/2020 at 23:06, MattyP said:

Wow this has come around quickly... Might even get a quick play before I head away for the weekend on Friday... :) FIngers crossed.... 

image.png.ed2201056d1fca28f0426eab443eebaf.png

What site's that out of interest?

Edit: Ah, CDKeys. I didn't recognise it after the redesign. 

59 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Have they talked about how this will work with PS5/XSX?

They basically just said "it will work" on both :rolleyes:

But it'll all be in BC mode as there are no next-gen upgrades currently planned (according to a tweet by Ian Frazier in July). That may change if it's popular of course.

14 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Let's say theoretically I had a friend who played the alpha that they're not meant to share details about and that friend says that it was a lot of fun which is why I'm agonising over which format to buy it for.

Let’s say that i also had a friend who might have been part of  the alpha and that friend would also agree with you about this being a lot of fun and mix between original xwing sim games and something Akin more to the rebel squadron games 

As a Star Wars fan this has, rather bizzarely, passed me by. I suppose had it launched in line with one of movies (like Fallen Order last year) it would have had more attention paid to it by media. Even the advertising for it seems a little muted.