Star Wars Squadrons - PC/PS4/XB1/VR!

ravnaz

Forgot to mention - spectator mode lets you view the ships in 3rd person (and rotate the camera as you please). I don’t believe there’s anywhere else in the game that gives you this viewpoint. Pity that I don’t think you can spectate any games unless someone on your friend list is currently playing.

Although I guess there is that 20 second respawn window that lets you spectate the match when you’re shot down...

I actually played this for a bit longer last night, but with the Oculus ASW set to 30hz - basically 30fps reprojected to 60fps. It's reasonably playable in that state, but I'm still going to wait for a proper patch before playing any longer. 

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

I actually played this for a bit longer last night, but with the Oculus ASW set to 30hz - basically 30fps reprojected to 60fps. It's reasonably playable in that state, but I'm still going to wait for a proper patch before playing any longer. 

Gonna try that now! 

6 minutes ago, Welrain said:

Please make sure to tell us about it.  ;) your trials and tribulations are more heavily plotted that the sequel trilogy.  I really recommend jumping into normal mode. Come fly (and die) with us.

Oh I won't be touching multiplayer until this is fixed, the singleplayer was playable - but the reprojection in VR at 30hz is noticeable...

3 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Gonna try that now! 

Careful, I got a very watery effect from the reprojection at such a low framerate. But it did make flying around actually smooth - for me anyway. This could make some get that VR sicky feeling very quickly, and I wouldn't recommend it for multiplayer because the actual dogfighting does get visually messy at times.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

I've experimented a bit on the Vive and on low settings with frame timings well below 11ms (90hz) the game is a stuttering mess. The answer to getting it playable for me was to turn up the graphic settings to the point where the game itself seems to force some sort of interleaved reprojection (irrespective of SteamVR settings) which results in fluid but ghosted motion. 

I guess there can’t be all that many full squads in matchmaking, most people need randoms, so you may be right.

Well, I would love to be part of the fun but unless you’re playing in the afternoons on a weekend or monday, my time zone isn’t going to match. Also I have had zero success joining a party with even one person so far, so screw you all! (lol)

Sorry to spam this topic up so much, I have another couple of questions.

Firstly, is it possible to shoot down your own missiles? I feel like I have seen that happen sometimes, when I launch into my own laser barrage - could just be countermeasures exploding my missile I suppose, but I’d like to know for sure, because I’ve taken to holding fire when I have a missile out.

Next, is drifting supposed to be any good for evading missiles? It seems like it should be, as I can crank out really hard turns by boosting a second time after the drift, but I always seem to get hit. So I guess it isn’t. Fun though.

8 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

This is completely borked on Xbox One. Freezes at the beginning of mission 2 every single time making story-mode unplayable.

Not had a bug like this since the release of GTAV, and they sorted that very quickly. This has already been out a while.

Did you try starting a new save or anything? I didn't encounter that issue and I'm on XB1.

Funnily enough, this reminds me of an issue with Rogue Leader on the Gamecube, which always crashed at the exact same point, but only on MY Gamecube. When they ran it in the shop, it was fine. That Gamecube ended up being one of my first eBay sales - I got a new one just so I could play that bloody game all the way through! It was worth it.

5 minutes ago, Scribblor said:

Which didn't work. No keyboard, mouse, Oculus controller or hotas button did anything at all. Very annoying.

I had the same. In settings you can change that to 'hold a button down' but in the end I had to restart the mission.

35 minutes ago, Pob said:

Did you try starting a new save or anything? I didn't encounter that issue and I'm on XB1.

Funnily enough, this reminds me of an issue with Rogue Leader on the Gamecube, which always crashed at the exact same point, but only on MY Gamecube. When they ran it in the shop, it was fine. That Gamecube ended up being one of my first eBay sales - I got a new one just so I could play that bloody game all the way through! It was worth it.

No. I’m on One X, had a look around and it seems to be a common issue. :(

2 hours ago, womblingfree said:

This is completely borked on Xbox One. Freezes at the beginning of mission 2 every single time making story-mode unplayable.

Not had a bug like this since the release of GTAV, and they sorted that very quickly. This has already been out a while.

Is this just before you fly under the Star Destroyer? I had that issue a lot. Tried a reinstall and it didn't work. I have no idea if it is what made the difference or not, but I had been pushing up on the left stick when told to boost, and instead I clicked the stick. That seemed to get me past it, but as I say, I have no idea if that was the issue.

The rest of the level played out fine apart from some glitching ships in the cut scenes. I've now moved on to the next mission, and not had any issues.

24 minutes ago, Butters said:

Is this just before you fly under the Star Destroyer? I had that issue a lot. Tried a reinstall and it didn't work. I have no idea if it is what made the difference or not, but I had been pushing up on the left stick when told to boost, and instead I clicked the stick. That seemed to get me past it, but as I say, I have no idea if that was the issue.

The rest of the level played out fine apart from some glitching ships in the cut scenes. I've now moved on to the next mission, and not had any issues.

Yes, this is exactly where it freezes. I’ll give clicking a go instead.