rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Robo_1

EA Play 2020 - Midnight Tonight

Nice. Play the full shebang in VR. Quest is go.

Squadrons looks amazing. That ending was a bit of an anti climax to me but I'm sure some will be excited.

Wish they'd not have mentioned Skate until they had more to talk about. Nice to see it coming back though.

3 minutes ago, MidWalian said:

Is squadrons for psvr too? 

Small print said VR not available on all platforms. My guess would be it's PC VR due to those visuals, but then again, they've done Star Wars VR content for Sony before. I've got Vive and PSVR, but would kill to be able to fly an X-Wing in VR with my HOTAS, so hoping it's Steam VR.

• Upvote 1

Squadrons looks great...

The "VR not on all platforms" clearly refers to Xbox, no?

Just now, Valver said:

Squadrons looks great...

The "VR not on all platforms" clearly refers to Xbox, no?

Maybe. I read it as "not on all VR capable platforms". Hopefully you're right; the more people who can play VR titles the better really.

Awesome as Squadrons looks, I think the thing I'm most interested in from that show was Lost In Random. Love the art style and had real flashbacks to Alive Madness Returns for me.

Spent too long on that star wars game. Shame there were no big announcements but nice to see Skate 4 is coming.

So all it was was Squadrons and Skate 4? That it? Nothing about dragon age?

It was barely Skate 4 though, I don't even think they mentioned the name. Could just be Skate 3 Switch.

There was Apex Legends stuff, lots about Crossplay and Switch support, Steam, and some "next gen" early looks

Those car renders from Criterion looked AMAZING

Was just looking at the prices for Skate 3 and it's going for £15-20 second-hand on 360 and PS3. Why is it so steep? I don't remember paying that for my PS3 copy.

So whats wrong with EA? I'm sure they're in a solid position financially but it feels like every year we watch their E3 press conference thing and hope that this is the year EA show off something cool looking. When was the last E3 where they showed something that people were still talking about at the end of the week? Titanfall 2? I know people were interested in Respawns Star Wars game but I don't remember it being a wow moment. 

Am I crazy for expecting one of the biggest publishers out there to occasionally show off something awesome around E3 time? 

50 minutes ago, Thor said:

So all it was was Squadrons and Skate 4? That it? Nothing about dragon age?

I was hoping for some Dragon Age news, they showed a hint (blink and you'll miss it) of it but that was it.

Squadrons videos below (gameplay trailer, full presentation and additional longer interview with Gamespot that landed at the same time with some more details in).

Gameplay Trailer

Full Presentation (inc interview and trailer)

Additional interview with Gamespot with some more details too

Also posted on the Squadrons specific thread.

• Upvote 1

Squadrons looks cool but the rest of it was a bit dull don’t you think? It would have been nice for some big surprise hitters or maybe a better look at the next gen sports games, but maybe that’s being saved for Microsoft’s show? I guess the Mass Effect remaster isn’t happening?

EA’s press conference is always a bit shite. What’s weird is that they didn’t even have to do one this year.

(Squadrons is looking hype though)

4 hours ago, bear said:

So whats wrong with EA? I'm sure they're in a solid position financially but it feels like every year we watch their E3 press conference thing and hope that this is the year EA show off something cool looking. When was the last E3 where they showed something that people were still talking about at the end of the week? Titanfall 2? I know people were interested in Respawns Star Wars game but I don't remember it being a wow moment. 

Am I crazy for expecting one of the biggest publishers out there to occasionally show off something awesome around E3 time? 

when was the last time activision etc.

Basically EA have their sports franchises, which are never going to blow our minds, and the Sims, ditto. Squadrons would have worked amazingly I suspect, but got leaked last week. Probably the last time they showed something that made everyone sit up and take notice was the first anthem demo, and we know how that turned out!

You just know exactly how exciting this show has been when you see it's still only on page 2 the morning after.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Did they show anything next gen at all?

They barely showed anything this-gen.

Okay, I had a long think about this in the shower and surely this could only mean that Microsoft gave them a big cheque to reveal their big games at an Xbox Series X event, possibly even as timed or console exclusives.

Excited to see all the new Apex Legends stuff. Hopefully there'll be a way to carry over progression between platforms. It'd be amazing if I could play it on PS4 then transfer to Switch while I'm on lunch break at work. Probably wishful thinking though.