Need for Speed Hot Pursuit: Remastered

Thank the gods.

i was just about to post a topic on what racing games can I play. Just stuck Burnout Paradise on and have to drive to find a race. NFS Heat has an awful story mode but I seem to be bereft of choices.

i want a racer with non sim controls that I can fire up and just do a few races. Wipeout is great, but it’s not Ridge. There is nothing like Ridge on the PS4.

Hot Pursuit though, now we are talking. I’ll stop moaning and wait patiently. 

Oh. My. God. I love this game and have been dying for a remaster as it’s a bugger to get running nicely on a multi-core cpu. 
Now give us a Max Payne trilogy remaster and we can happily move onto the next gen :) 

Edit - is this confirmed? Doesn’t appear to be. 

The best game of the last generation, and the reason I've still got my 360, is being ported to what is hopefully an ecosystem that means I can play it forever. I am hugely excited by this news. It also means I can stop getting a soon to be disappointed semi every time the 360 backwards compatibility thread gets updated. 

THE BEST NEWS. 

10 minutes ago, Gotters said:

If the Switch version is solid enough and in the £20-25 range I’m all over it.

If they price it as a full price new game though definitely not.

EA add their own tax on top of the Nintendo tax. It'll be £45.

Recently picked up the Burnout Paradise remaster on PC for £4.50, yes it's a pain in the arse to drive to races and all that but it's a really good port (although some of my Steam friends have had issues in Windows 10). If they do a nice 60fps job on Hot Pursuit I'd be interested. Wouldn't be paying full prices though, bought it twice already. 

This is one game where I'd have no problem paying full price for again. I wonder if it's a straight remaster or if they plan to update it with a more recent selection of cars on top of what's there?

Looking foward to the reveal trailer.

Worth remembering it’s just a rumour at this point. Hasn’t been confirmed. Much like when HP was rumoured to be imminent on backwards compatibility and look what happened there. 

I want to believe. 

I kept my PS3 hooked up for three games, Wipeout, Dark Souls and this. Now it's still plugged in just for Hot Pursuit. Please let this remaster happen. Even now when I have a blast on this game it still feels like the best racer I've ever played. Autolog was just amazing, every time you logged in someone had beaten you by a hair, constantly challenging you to up your game and master the tracks that bit more. I miss that part of it but the game itself is still incredible.

This game is so special to me. I used to play it split screen with my girlfriend and a couple of mates every friday for about 6 months. It has a magical place. 

I dunno if I wanna play it again, but its a beautiful game

1 hour ago, kerraig UK said:

This game is so special to me. I used to play it split screen with my girlfriend and a couple of mates every friday for about 6 months. It has a magical place. 

I dunno if I wanna play it again, but its a beautiful game

Hot Pursuit 2010 didn't feature split screen multiplayer though :)

It's an amazing game but I'm surprised EA don't pick Burnout 3 for the remaster treatment. Would make an absolute fortune. 

They will probably fuck it up and it will be worse than last gen versions. Like they did with Burnout Paradise recently. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice find!

Let's hope there's some PS5/SX next-gen upgrades in there. I can imagine this running at 4k/60 and being absolutely incredible.

Gamescom reveal maybe?

• 1 month later...

Yeah i'm looking forward to this especially if it has extra content.

Such a easy game to get multiplayer started with. 

The original PC version still looks good, if the switch version is looking nice i may get that version.