Need for Speed Hot Pursuit: Remastered

54 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

Who's up for some online racing in a bit? :) I'll be on hosting a lobby.

Bit busy with the pesky kids playing up tonight , but i’ll get some big screen game time over the weekend.  ( big screen currently occupied by Frozen 2  at the mo ) 

11 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

God I'd forgotten how fucking chunky the handling is. It's glorious. 

I spent the first few events heavily over steering and then having to correct on the exit, until I nailed a couple of slides using the brake a lot more than the handbrake and it was like :wub: there she is!

Loving this, it is still as good as i remembered. It does look really nice maxed out, but I seem to get the very occasional framerate dips of upto 5 fps for some reason even on a 3080 :P

The sound is so funny, but good. I actually own a RX8 R3 and in this it sounds like a V6 twin turbo lol. 

There's so much I'd forgotten about this game, like the absurd thrill you get from those slow-motion cutaways to new police units joining the chase, or that bone-rattling sound effect when the helicopter buzzes you. Those moments you get when the little intro movies to each race finish and you take control are amazing, especially when it synchs perfectly with a drop or a breakdown on a custom soundtrack.

I'm playing on a standard PS4. Is it just me, or does the game look like its running at 60fps for a second or so just after you unpause it?

Patch seems to have fixed the stuttering sound for me. The audio mix still feels a bit weird but maybe it’s supposed to be like that - music feels really low?

Very much enjoying this, need to play a bit more to remember the shortcuts more. I like that some of them are actually longer/not worth taking - keeps you on your toes. 

1 hour ago, Bravestarr said:

Just started playing this. Still as awesome as I remember from playing it back in the day. Still can’t get anywhere near McSpeed’s autolog times ;)

EA ID: MW-BraveStarr_UK

Trying to add you on Xbox but no success? 

17 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Tempted to pick this up as I never played it when it was released originally. However also tempted to get Dirt 5. Need some arcade racing fun at the moment but only have time for one.... :-/

I’m sure Dirt’s good but this is honestly my favourite racer of all time. It feels both incredibly fast but weirdly chilled out due to mad drift times and really chunky handling. It’s a belter and hasn’t aged a day. 

41 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

I’m sure Dirt’s good but this is honestly my favourite racer of all time. It feels both incredibly fast but weirdly chilled out due to mad drift times and really chunky handling. It’s a belter and hasn’t aged a day. 

Picked this up! Like arcade road racers and lots of content here for the price too.

Used CDKeys and it was £20.99 so great price too. Still had no issues with CDKeys so far. Key was available immediately and just redeemed it. Also bought Star Wars Squadrons through CDkeys last month too. Both are PC versions. Heard some people have had problems with them lately but used them for years without issue. Just wanted to give some feedback.

7 hours ago, Jazz Glands said:

Playing this again, I remembered how I could never get the hang of drifting in this game. When I drift, the CPU even when drifting always seem to magically gain on me. What’s the secret to it? 

I do a quick tap of the brake and then try to find a central line to drift round the corner. Don't use too much break seems to be the key. 

I'd forgotten how depressing these online leaderboard type games can be - you have a go on the first course, think that wasn't too bad but can knock a bit off here and there then see everybody on your friends list is 30s faster than you.

I settled for PS4 version as thought if re-buying this I want it to be upgraded a bit visually, the thought of playing on switch is tempting but handheld the stick and triggers aren't great for driving games, and if docked what is the point when sat next to PS4 on big tv. 

20 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I'd forgotten how depressing these online leaderboard type games can be - you have a go on the first course, think that wasn't too bad but can knock a bit off here and there then see everybody on your friends list is 30s faster than you.

:) Sometimes motivating though. Really enjoyed Dangerous Driving for this. Started off with terrible times but gradually as I got in the zone they kept edging up. Remember being able to boost constantly in that game in the end. Even the barriers being the other way around didn't bother me!

Not played this yet will have a quick go today hopefully my ID is CypherQ101 if anyone wants to feel good about their terrible times too! :D I'm on PC but don't think it matter with this as it's cross platform online I've been told....

11 minutes ago, MattyP said:

:) Sometimes motivating though. Really enjoyed Dangerous Driving for this. Started off with terrible times but gradually as I got in the zone they kept edging up. Remember being able to boost constantly in that game in the end. Even the barriers being the other way around didn't bother me!

Not played this yet will have a quick go today hopefully my ID is CypherQ101 if anyone wants to feel good about their terrible times too! :D I'm on PC but don't think it matter with this as it's cross platform online I've been told....

The EAid will have some letters and a hyphen before it, we need that to be able to add you.

17 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

The EAid will have some letters and a hyphen before it, we need that to be able to add you.

Odd. No hyphens anywhere. Looking at my Origin account on a web browser. I'll have a look in the game when I fire it up later.

9 hours ago, Jazz Glands said:

Playing this again, I remembered how I could never get the hang of drifting in this game. When I drift, the CPU even when drifting always seem to magically gain on me. What’s the secret to it? 

Yep, I have this problem at the moment as well. Basically if you drift, even the slightest amount they come flying by me.

It's : HT-cypherq101

Just had a quick go on the intro event in the single player... nice. Just want I need.... feels very Outrun crossed with Burnout... :D 

Having watched some reviews of Grid 5 and gameplay videos this is the definitely is the better choice for me.  Grid 5 just looks so... glacial... where is the feeling of speed?! :) 

10 hours ago, Jazz Glands said:

1 hour ago, Sumire said:

Yep, I have this problem at the moment as well. Basically if you drift, even the slightest amount they come flying by me.

Aim into the corner and just squeeze off the accelerator a bit until you feel the car start to swing out then hit back full on the pedal. You've really got to commit and aim into it but you shouldn't have to use the break or slow down too much to drift. Also remember if you're drifting more than they are you'll be earning more boost so just boost out of corners to catch up if you need to. 

God this is so good now that it's fixed on Xbox. It's just a happy place in gaming that I don't get from anywhere else.