rllmuk

Ubisoft Forward - conference video in first post

14 hours ago, layten said:

Cant wait to climb more icon spewing towers.

They’ve moved on from that. Instead of a few towers that show icons within 50 miles, now you talk to a bunch of NPCs who reveals icons in a 10 mile radius, while Ubisoft boast about how organic the discovery in their games now.

The thing is, with E3 the hype for one big event seeps into the others. If I'm watching the Sony and Microsoft ones, I find myself also checking out the likes of EA and Ubi. Might even check out the PC gaming teleshopping show for a laugh. Now that it's all spread out over several months with each publisher doing its own little livestream, it's all far less interesting.

Have to admit though, that Ubisoft games always look good and they make their concepts sound great. In reality they usually turn out to be Assassin's Creed but with hacking or Assassin's Creed but fps, but that's neither here nor there.

Also, I discovered recently that Splinter Cell Blacklist is in fact surprisingly brilliant. I'm really looking forward to seeing a new Splinter Cell, if nothing else - hopefully of a similar quality to Blacklist. 

22 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Also, I discovered recently that Splinter Cell Blacklist is in fact surprisingly brilliant. I'm really looking forward to seeing a new Splinter Cell, if nothing else - hopefully of a similar quality to Blacklist. 

Maybe I need to try again.  Had it in a bundle and bounced off it after about 15 minutes.

My main hope is that after their Ghost Recon Breakpoint rethink they've realised that not every game has to be a level-gated grind-fest with inconsequential loot, tedious spreadsheet-management via horribly fiddly cursor UIs and an out-of-place multiplayer hub.

In the first half of this generation they were making some of my favourite games, having nailed third person traversal and action in open-world environments. The company-wide diktat to make everything into a numbers-driven RPG-lite has had a really negative effect on their output in latter half, in my opinion.

Watch Dogs Legion is still my most anticipated game, having loved the first two, and with Clint Hocking pioneering some awesome-sounding mechanics I've long wanted to see in a AAA open-world game. I just hope he's not been shackled to the current Ubisoft template.

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to the new mode where you infiltrate an Ubi office and try to find the sex pest using a series of drones and recon cameras. 

• Upvote 8
On 07/07/2020 at 11:32, Harsin said:

They’ve moved on from that. Instead of a few towers that show icons within 50 miles, now you talk to a bunch of NPCs who reveals icons in a 10 mile radius, while Ubisoft boast about how organic the discovery in their games now.

The Final Fantasy XV approach then?

I am done with ubisoft. 

Fed up with their style of repetition. Really want to see a big change in their open world formula

Although I do want to see BGAE2.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

This just started. No mention of any of the harassment stuff on either the stream or the live chat. 

They say there won't be, because everything is pre-recorded. And as we all know, it's impossible to pre-record (or just record) another video to tack on.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, JohnC said:

They say there won't be, because everything is pre-recorded. And as we all know, it's impossible to pre-record another video to tack on.

Clint did tell people to stay safe, presumably by keeping away from the sex pests in Ubisoft offices.

Easy to boycott Ubisoft if they don't make any games people actually want to play. For all the talk of shaking things up, this all looks like the same old shite.

I know it said 'work in progress' on the thing, but aside from the cut-scenes Valhalla looks really fucking ropey. Plus, the lead is no Kassandra.

• Upvote 1