Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown

djbhammer

I hope the devs watch the video - the point about feeling like you properly owned the cars and had to think about which ones fit into your house / lifestyle absolutely nails it.  I have over 600 cars in FH4 but I don't care for more than 5 of them. As she says in the video, they were mostly all new / current models, not the same from a few years earlier so it felt more "real".

Yeah the cars need to handle a bit better, that was my only issue with the 360 game. 
Nice little features like putting your window down and the sound changes accordingly. I can’t think of another game that does that?

And I’d much prefer a garage of a select few cars rather than the 250+ I have in Forza Horizon, most of which I have no interest in. 

I enjoyed the video Boozy posted. I loved TD2 The Duel and although late to the party with TD3 (I played Car & Driver first) it was pretty cool. 
I bought TD5 on PC shortly after it launched, it was reduced to about a fiver in Game / Electronic Boutique. what a tragic entry in the franchise hahahaha!

What a complete waste of time and money that was. The announcement of the trailer reveal time told me as much as the trailer. Do things like this really help a game gain traction? Like, great, you did some CGI. Slow clap. I more likely to dismiss a game with bullshit marketing like this than anything.

Just now, djbhammer said:

Nope. They showed fuck all. You can see yourself on the previous page as I posted the trailer link.

Yep I watched it lol but wondered if anything had been announced round it. Quick search suggests Bahrain, which I must admit don’t really fancy.

No, there have been no announcements on location.

That was really poor today, utterly pointless. That was the equivalent of a reveal trailer to announce the game which they did already last year. This should have been so much better.

48 minutes ago, Parappa said:

July release date was that? - or the next teaser :lol:

Apparently July is when more information will be available :mellow:

Not going to hold my breath for this one. The WRC games are pretty good, but VRally 4 was dire and the handling of the bikes in Isle of Man TT was diabolical. They also aren't very good responding to customer feedback about bugs etc either. Some obviously broken things in IOMTT never got fixed. 

Pointless trailer but both the cars (Aston Martin and a Land Rover)were from (originally) British manufacturers... British Isles location confirmed? ;)

Though both cars seem to be left hand drive models and "solar crown" doesn't really fit with British weather so it's probably nothing, I just thought the choice of cars was a bit odd. :)

Does this mean it will have an authentic "walk around your garage and unlock your car and get in" experience? And a Geometry Wars cabinet in the corner somewhere? ;) 

(I kid, but I imagine a number of fans enjoy the lavish look-at-these-fancy-cars-you-own framing.)