(PC) Current and popular online multiplayer games?

I love Rocket League even though I probably suck at it. Its community is a bit of a mixed bag, tbh. On PS4 people would constantly leave the match once you're down 2-0 or more. 

@Valver Cheers for the heads up. Looks good.

@Lying Cat That's awesome, thanks for the offer! The game looks great and I might very well pick it up. Will send you a message when I do. 

17 minutes ago, Nathan Wind said:

It has the distinction of having by far the most unfriendly community I have ever experienced.  Even on PS4 back in the days before crossplay someone managed to tell my chum they hoped his grandma dies of cancer via text chat.  These days on the rare occasions I play it, I thoroughly enjoy winding up toxic players.

I just logged on and played a game 5 mins ago 

2302A144-AB52-4F91-B9F4-17C45857992E.jpeg.13eace2f08b37ca2398886320434cd6e.jpeg

lol and this is tame

On 06/07/2020 at 11:11, Len said:

Come play with few of us off here and others @alex3d

@LenI've got my new PC now. How do I join you in Tarkov? Haven't gotten the game yet though.

Installing Valorant now.

@Siri reg. "Phantasy Star Online 2 (relatively new overall for western servers, JP servers currently have an event on)."

Are you or is anyone playing this on here? Would be interested in joining maybe...

• Upvote 1
On 05/07/2020 at 17:54, Matt Defis said:

I'm still playing SWTOR on and off even 8 years after it was released, great game that doesn't get the three positivity it deserves. 

Probably because the thread has been years of you saying how bad it is and how you're quitting for real this time :lol:

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, alex3d said:

@LenI've got my new PC now. How do I join you in Tarkov? Haven't gotten the game yet though.

Installing Valorant now.

Buy the game from their website and then download and install discord and come to the server we have and join us there for chatting, streaming and general hilarity. 

Let us know when you're ready and will send you an invite. Can also add friends ingame in Tarkov.

On 06/07/2020 at 10:11, Len said:

There is only one, well only one I'm playing...Escape From Tarkov! 

It is the best thing I've played on pc in years. Utterly terrifying, brutally hard to begin with and ultimately, thrillingly rewarding. Absolutely love it and a complete blast with others (also be played singularly). Not really anything like it out there and highly recommended. :)

Come play with few of us off here and others @alex3d

I know it shouldn't matter but I'm waiting for this to hit Steam before I try it.  I just cannot get past the mental barrier of having to install another launcher.

• Upvote 1

I think you might be waiting a very long time then unfortunately. Can't see it ever being on steam as I understand it.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Len said:

I think you might be waiting a very long time then unfortunately. Can't see it ever being on steam as I understand it.

Oh,  I thought I'd read it was part of their roadmap.  I could be wrong or dreamt it

EDIT

Interview with the developer in 2016

https://wccftech.com/escape-tarkov-interview-truly-hardcore-first-person-shooter/

Is it going to be on Steam?

We will first release the game on our platform and then we will launch on Steam, that's the plan.

I guess Im going to have to install the launcher as 4 years later and its not happened.  Maybe it has done better than they expected

Did you have a discussion about adding VR support to Escape from Tarkov?

Absolutely, we'll be discussing this with the appropriate people.

I'd love this

• Upvote 1

Oh cool, didn't realise that at all. Still think you should come now as that could be years away! ;) 

edit: As you noted, I really need to read whole posts before replying. Deary me.

• Upvote 1

Started playing Dead by Daylight during the pandemic. 

Says since May 28th I have played 123 Hours :blink:

It's a generally fun game, especially if you like your horror movies and lores. No voice chat but sometimes after a game people can vent in chat, maybe happened to me a few times whilst mainly playing as killer but i prefer playing survivor.

Apex Legends - easy to pick up, free, full of character. It has an amazing pinging system that makes playing with randoms fun. Plays more like Halo than COD in terms of time to kill.

• Upvote 1

Escape From Tarkov sounded interesting, so I watched a review on YT... It's one of those games that makes me hope that, should the bomb drop, I'm directly underneath it because I'd last about 30 seconds going up against other survivors. I avoid the Dark Zone in The Division 2 for the same reason, I just don't have that combo of resourcefulness, a killer instinct and a thick skin to get any enjoyment from it. It does look like the sort of game you really need some mates to ease you into, give you a bit of a push. But as they say whilst it doesn't look the game for me I do admire just how committed to keeping it hardcore the devs are. 

6 minutes ago, Vimster said:

Escape From Tarkov sounded interesting, so I watched a review on YT... It's one of those games that makes me hope that, should the bomb drop, I'm directly underneath it because I'd last about 30 seconds going up against other survivors. I avoid the Dark Zone in The Division 2 for the same reason, I just don't have that combo of resourcefulness, a killer instinct and a thick skin to get any enjoyment from it. It does look like the sort of game you really need some mates to ease you into, give you a bit of a push. But as they say whilst it doesn't look the game for me I do admire just how committed to keeping it hardcore the devs are. 

Same here. I'm really tempted, but it does look like a hardcore competitive game with a steep learning curve. And usually I'm not good at these type of multipplayer games :)