IGNORED

Ennio Morricone passes.

Pavey

On 06/07/2020 at 18:06, David Kenny said:

I've spent most of the day listening to my favourites.

I've never even seen the film, but I love the soundtrack he did for Sacco and Vanzetti.

The movie is great stuff well worth a watch. 

The following from the same movie, but from  the live concert. It’s mostly known for MGS4 it’s how I got introduced to the film.

And the original

On 10/07/2020 at 17:13, Eighthours said:

Out of interest, have we always said ‘passes’ in the UK when referring to death? I’ve only started noticing this here very recently, I thought it was an Americanism. 

It has always been around in English but it seems to be more prevalent these days as a 're-import' from the US. It's an excruciatingly infantile euphemism. Just say 'died', FFS.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I need help - I’ve had a potato quality mp3 of music from The Mission on my HDD for over twenty years, probably sourced from Napster or Audiogalaxy. It has no metadata except what I added myself - it’s just “Mission.mp3”.

So I wanted to get a decent quality version of the soundtrack after all this time, but listening on Spotify it seems that the track I have is not actually on the soundtrack...

It starts with the choir, doing the main theme just once, then switches to pan-pipes (big flutes?) echoing the same theme - then switches to strings doing the chanty bit, which the choir gradually comes back in accompaniment to, then at the end it goes back to the pan-pipes from the start, before sweeping strings and horns do the main theme again, and it’s over. It’s 2:53 long.

It all sounds properly movie quality authentic, not a knock-off - I would almost say it was cut for a trailer or something, as it has all the atmosphere and beauty in one short track. Does anyone know what this is, and where I can find it?

• 3 weeks later...