rllmuk
pulsemyne

EVE online: It's still going on and it's still a war!

Say hello to server meltdown and unresponsive ships. Unless they fixed that for large scale combat, which I'm guessing not.

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Say hello to server meltdown and unresponsive ships. Unless they fixed that for large scale combat, which I'm guessing not.

They did. Well kind off. Everything just slows down to 10 percent speed so the nodes don't die.

If the node is reinforced by CCP then it's possible to have 4000 people in system, just everyone playing at reduced speed. We have had 20+ hour fights before.

Oh and I'm in the Imperium (The initative to be precise). So yeah we expect lots of action.

• Upvote 1

It's funny seeing these system names, I remember when you could visit them freely, only worrying about randoms podding you. 

Can't wait to read more. Closest I'll get is waiting for the EVE Echoes mobile app to launch, sigh.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TehStu said:

It's funny seeing these system names, I remember when you could visit them freely, only worrying about randoms podding you. 

Can't wait to read more. Closest I'll get is waiting for the EVE Echoes mobile app to launch, sigh.

I tried the closed beta for Echoes, not bad at all.

I have my account active, looking forward to integrate some casual EVE in my life.

Is there any good active podcast about Eve at the moment?

Never played it but love reading about it. If all of the Eve megastories could be adapted into a space epic TV show I'd watch it.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, therearerules said:

Never played it but love reading about it. If all of the Eve megastories could be adapted into a space epic TV show I'd watch it.

The politics are the best part of EVE when in 0.0.

Not enough time in my life to commit to EVE anymore. Keep this updated as much as possible please @pulsemyne, I enjoy reading about it.

• Upvote 3

EVE is quite flexible, you can solo it or join casual gangs. It does not have to be either having corp mates sending your messages on whatsapp or  high sec mining.

Last time I decided to move most of my stuff to a quiet low sec system near CVA area, Im planing to know locals, run exploration sites and anomalies. Farming planets, maybe low sec mining for the lols

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, pulsemyne said:

It is also much easier to defend space than it is to attack it. I would explain why but that would take too long.

You can't say something like that and then not explain why! :quote:

(Or at least link to a wiki page or forum post explaining it.)

1 hour ago, daifuco said:

near CVA area

Warms my heart that CVA is still around :) I did look for them on the map there until I realized it was alliance coalitions.

Yeah, Echoes beta was actually decent, but even on a Galaxy Note, I struggled to read screen text. Might need a tablet, sadly. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, therearerules said:

The politics are the best part of EVE when in 0.0.

I used to be part of curse alliance a few years back. Loved every minute I played. Made some good friends, and lost some too.

Is there a way to witness this inside the game without having to grind some super powerful shit? Or would I be blasted immediately when turning up as a spectator?

5 minutes ago, Tomdominer said:

Is there a way to witness this inside the game without having to grind some super powerful shit? Or would I be blasted immediately when turning up as a spectator?

If you entered 0.0 use a fast scout ship. Stay around 0.3 if you want to build up a rappor with others.

42 minutes ago, Tomdominer said:

Fights tend to happen at certain times. For example my lot may call for an "Alpha" fleet. This is a case of "All hands on deck we have something to do and it's important". Those can be called about a day in advance. Occasionally a big fight can pop up out of nowhere though.

For really big battles people usually have a few days notice, say a Keepstar is coming out of reinforcement on Thursday then we would prepare for that.

For simplicity sake though your always better off watching a Twitch stream when something big goes down. One reason for this is often the twitch streams will have audio from the FC's giving commands so you het more of an idea as to what is happening and what they are trying to acheive.

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/EVE Online

• Upvote 2

In big battles do the fleet commanders control titans/capitals or sit, cloaked, from a distance orchestrating their forces?

I've never really experienced much past 20-30 person battles.

1 minute ago, Adrock said:

In big battles do the fleet commanders control titans/capitals or sit, cloaked, from a distance orchestrating their forces?

All depends on what you can afford to lose.

3 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

All depends on what you can afford to lose.

It wouldn't when it comes to the kind of large alliances we're reading about above.

I'd imagine it's more about being able to multi task commanding a massive force and piloting an important ship. I'd struggle to do both.

15 minutes ago, Adrock said:

It wouldn't when it comes to the kind of large alliances we're reading about above.

I'd imagine it's more about being able to multi task commanding a massive force and piloting an important ship. I'd struggle to do both.

Indeed yes. It's rather impressive to see in action.

2 hours ago, TehStu said:

Warms my heart that CVA is still around :) I did look for them on the map there until I realized it was alliance coalitions.

Yeah, Echoes beta was actually decent, but even on a Galaxy Note, I struggled to read screen text. Might need a tablet, sadly. 

Bless them. They are the one alliance I think everyone in EVE would be sad to see go.

1 hour ago, Adrock said:

It used to be that they would sit cloaked and observe things but now they are very much at the front of the battle. Often they are now "Anchors" for fleets. You would hear commands like "Form up on Dark shines and keepo at range 1000" which means everyone get on the character Dark shines (one of our FC's and a damn good one at that) and then click keep at range. Then where ever he guides his ship we all follow. Follow the leader really.  

As for Titans and super fleets well they will be in them and calling out targets. In those fleets they just tend to jump into a system, all stay very close to each other and set speed at 0. If you find yourself away for the herd then your dead.

It's like this.

• Upvote 1

There should be some good action tonight as my lot will try and defend a vital jump bridge from being destroyed. If there is a stream up I will post it.

• Upvote 3

One thing I should add about spamming stuff. Lots of alliances use discord to organise stuff. They set up dedicated channels regarding certain things. For example there will be a channel concerning general information, another will concern timers for structures another will be for emergency fleets and so on. One will also likely be for alerts to structures being shot at or entosised. So even though you may not be playing eve discord will still pop up with alerts all the time.

Imagine how annoying that was happening 49 times within a few hours.

So I know nothing about this really, is this organised through live chat, or forums? Or all in-game?