rllmuk
pulsemyne

EVE online: It's still going on and it's still a war!

How structured are the wars in this? Are there lots of feints and diversionary attacks and one big main strike force, or are there a number of armies all with strategic objectives to aim for?

It's quite gripping stuff, considering I don't understand about half of what @pulsemyne has posted :P

4 hours ago, Pete said:

So I know nothing about this really, is this organised through live chat, or forums? Or all in-game?

Discord is used out of the game to alert people to things that are happening. If something urgent comes up then you log in and things are organised using in game chat channels. We also use mumble for fleet coms. I would show you a picture of the discord stuff but I cannot risk the enemy seeing the channels etc.

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

How structured are the wars in this? Are there lots of feints and diversionary attacks and one big main strike force, or are there a number of armies all with strategic objectives to aim for?

It's quite gripping stuff, considering I don't understand about half of what @pulsemyne has posted :P

Hmm... trick this because it's pretty much all of the above. There are big fights and there are small fights. Some groups use one tactic and others another. Everyone has their own take on what types of ships work for their group. For example we are currently using Zealots in our fleets while the enmy is sticking with Munins. Both types of ship have their strenths and weaknesses depending on how you fly them or what you do with them. The Munins might have better speed than our ships but ours might be able to track them better with our weapons etc.

• Upvote 1

Well I haven't seen this before. We are going all in with tonights fleet. Everyone is logging in theit Titans and supers as well as other capitals. This could be a huge fight or an utter blue ball. If it is it'll likely be streamed by someone. I'll post a stream if I can.

• Upvote 7

And they failed to show up for a fight they had bigged up. Why? Because we had even numbers to them. Apparently they were shocked that we could call up a fleet of about 1000 pilots.

They need more courage if they want to really try and take the region.

• Upvote 3

While one side amassed their forces, could the other side have sent a small but plucky band of adventurers round the long way to sneak in the back and sabotage the main important dohicky?

it seems so obvious!

(I don’t know what I’m talking about but like others, love reading about it)

thanks Pulsemyne!  

13 hours ago, pulsemyne said:

And they failed to show up for a fight they had bigged up. Why? Because we had even numbers to them. Apparently they were shocked that we could call up a fleet of about 1000 pilots.

It's like that scene at the end of Rise of Skywalker, but actually good. :lol:

Loving this thread - never had the time to get into Eve, but sounds amazing if you’re right in the middle of this.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, pulsemyne said:

Do you think they were maybe doing this with no intention of fighting but to actually just see what kind of force you would bring, so they can plan better for the real event?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Stoikovich said:

While one side amassed their forces, could the other side have sent a small but plucky band of adventurers round the long way to sneak in the back and sabotage the main important dohicky?

it seems so obvious!

(I don’t know what I’m talking about but like others, love reading about it)

thanks Pulsemyne!  

take down a space station or jump gate? Are those still things in eve?

Im hooked on this and i have never played Eve or even seen what it looks like

Worried that these transmissions could be intercepted by the other side

Also, are you the good guys?!

2 hours ago, Gabe said:

Do you think they were maybe doing this with no intention of fighting but to actually just see what kind of force you would bring, so they can plan better for the real event?

LOL made you form is a meme in EVE. They did have around 700 people in their system.

The point of last nights mass form up was that we thought they were going to attack D4KU and finsih off the jump bridge and IHUB. So we got in there first with enough numbers to surprise them as to just how many people we could muster. After a few hours of, from my point of view in my carrier, not doing very much we managed to repair the Jump bridge and IHUB.

The result of this is the enemy has to try and take the system all over again. After three days of trying all they have done is take one system of us and re can probably try and take that back anyway.

Let's see what they try next. Interesting times...

34 minutes ago, Jonnysaxc said:

Im hooked on this and i have never played Eve or even seen what it looks like

Worried that these transmissions could be intercepted by the other side

Also, are you the good guys?!

I haven't given out anything that is secret. I'm careful with that.

As for good guys, well from our point of view yes we are. The opposition though will not agree. A large chunk of them despise the Goons (Less so towards The Initiative).

The Goons used to be very controvershal in eve due to them coming from the Something Awful forums and declaring that they want to destroy the game. That was early Goons though and they are now a very differant alliance.

• Upvote 2

After the successes of last night it seems that the enemy decided to do exactly what they did before and just pick a quiet time to reinforce the jump bridge in D4KU again, as well as mess around in some other systems.

The upshot of this was that the Jump bridge came out of reinforcement earlier this evening. A quick form up by our lot meant that we could jump into the system with a large fleet of crusier sized ships. This allowed us to secure the entrance to the system.

While the enemy did so seem that interested in forming a fleet to try and bring down the Jump bridge there were some smallish gangs in the system just trying to annoy us.

One of these gangs numbered several dozen ships known as Harpys. They are frigate size and are good at kill smalling stuff quickly.

They made a bit of a mistake.

They warped somewhere in the system and we warped in on them. A lot of them died and did so so fast that I barely had time to lock targets. I did get two kills though so that was nice.

So we waited out the timers and made sure they couldn;t do anything. Heck, we even went to their staging area in Hobhib and blew a number of them up of their station. We even nearly killed a Dreadnaught that someone undocked. If they hadn't have redocked then it would have died within seconds. 200 plus ships at point blank range with the right ammo loaded can cause a lot of problems very quickly.

Another evening and our systems are secure. We are still left wondering though. When will the enemy make their big push? Are they hoping to burn us out?

The last question is easy to answer. We won't.

• Upvote 9

I wholeheartedly support Pulsemyne, who is clearly on the side of the angels.

but I also want to read a similar report from the opposite side of the recent conflict - what were they up to, what was it like to be jumped like that, what are their plans for revenge strikes?!  :D

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Stoikovich said:

I wholeheartedly support Pulsemyne, who is clearly on the side of the angels.

but I also want to read a similar report from the opposite side of the recent conflict - what were they up to, what was it like to be jumped like that, what are their plans for revenge strikes?!  :D

Tell you from experience (not this particular one, as not played eve in years)bloody irritating, but the fun of it is that it can swing both ways (ooer).

10 hours ago, davidcotton said:

Tell you from experience (not this particular one, as not played eve in years)bloody irritating, but the fun of it is that it can swing both ways (ooer).

Stealth bomber fleets can be hilarious. You just postion yourself and the fleet off an enemy blob of ships, close to within 30km, decloak, fire your bomb and run as fast as possible and hope you don;t get caught. Then wait and watch the killmails come in.

19 minutes ago, pulsemyne said:

Stealth bomber fleets can be hilarious. You just postion yourself and the fleet off an enemy blob of ships, close to within 30km, decloak, fire your bomb and run as fast as possible and hope you don;t get caught. Then wait and watch the killmails come in.

That's a little after my time, but the principal sounds the same.  One of the reasons I quit was because I wouldn't get to bed before 12:30 on a week night and be knackered the next day.  Still think the funniest thing was our "Supreme Military Commander" asking if missile launchers actually needed missiles and realising that he'd forgotten to load any on board :)

• Upvote 3

Just for a sampling as to what sometimes happens when people lose their shit in Eve it gives me greta pleasure to show you what CCP would like Eve to be like and what it actually is like

All very cool and nice. Good FC's etc.

This is what can be the real experience of Eve....

Thankfully I have never had to fly with such arseholes. Most of the voices you here are people I have fought in the past or I am fighting now.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jonnysaxc said:

Absolutely brilliant, both vids

I particularly like "I'm gonna tickle your nosehairs with my shoe."

That was great, as was the don't you know who i am and when you are on my station you follow my rules is that crystal clear

i had no idea how great the game looks, large scale battles must be utter confusion 

2 hours ago, pulsemyne said:

This is what can be the real experience of Eve....

The guy at the end. :lol:

Gotta love endgame MMO. :lol: :lol: 

4 hours ago, pulsemyne said:

Just for a sampling as to what sometimes happens when people lose their shit in Eve it gives me greta pleasure to show you what CCP would like Eve to be like and what it actually is like

All very cool and nice. Good FC's etc.

That first video was properly epic, I can't imagine the thrill of being a part of cohesive massive battle.

Propaganda...

4r91quyh04a51.jpg

Eve players like their propaganda and basically talking shit about their opponents. It happens a lot on reddit within the reddit.com/r/eve subreddit. There both side post and awful lot of hurf and blurf about their opponents. Most of it extremely crap but with the occasional good one.

The above is a good one and the story behind it is interesting.

Earlier on this evening the enemy tried to mess us around in the D4KU system again. They had reinforced the Jump bridge again and we had some other things coming out of reinforcement as well. So they went into the system and waited for the timer so they could attack it.

We formed up with a few fleets of ships to defend it.

Anyway, once again the enemy was unable to do anything to stop our defence. So everything was saved.

As we were saving everything we jumped into their staging area next door and killed some stuff. Nothing major, just the odd ships here and there.

Then we heard over our coms that the enemy had taken a fleet of Cormorants (smallish ships that can snipe quite well) and flown them to a gate they knew was camped and lost the enitre fleet. They had been the victim of a type of tactic that works very well against a bunch of small ships together. I won;t explain what it is as quite frankly I've never been on one of those fleets and don't full understand what they do. What I do understand though is the results of it when the fleet works as expected. A lot of ships die very quickly.

Now this wasn't actually done by my alliance but by a seperate one who were just there to kill anybody they could. A random third party.

However things start to get a bit odd. You see the FC of the previous Cormorant fleet decided to try his luck again, with another Cormorant fleet. He does exactly the same again and the result is just the same. They all die horribly. Two fleets wasted and nothing to show for them.

Unless you happen to be the very person who had brought all those ships into the Hophib system for his alliance to buy and use, with a nice profit margin as well.

That person was the FC in question. He made his alliance buy and lose ships so he could fleace them for money.

Naturally we offer our condolances to our enemy.

• Upvote 6