Now this is something I'll be all over from day one.

I love the astro city cabs and their sanwa sticks/buttons (aren't they the same that was used on the DC Arcade Stick?) and I also loved the idea of the Starforce Pi (here).

So... if I could get one of these and mod it to play lots of games then that would be awesome.

Will be looking forwards to this one.

That looks ace. I had a Revenge of Death Adder arcade board many years ago. Would buy this just for that.  Like all these things it will depend on the game selection and the quality of emulation. Looks lovely though. 

Yeah I'd actually plump for this. As long as the price isn't ridiculous and the stick is better than the shit on the Neo Geo one. I mean if the Chinese manufacturers of cheap Pandora box joysticks can use fairly decent micro switched parts I'd hope Sega can too.

Looks cute, interesting to have a couple of games that never had a home release on there. Maybe not an instant buy for me, but worth considering.

I want the full Sanwa parts from the actual Astro City cabs - nothing else will do for me.

That's basically because I want the form factor and the controls more than the bundled games (but only if it can be hacked ala the other minis).

Looks awesome, but I want it in a handheld, not the mini cabinet thing (although I acknowledge that's the point of this release).

I have the mini Neo Geo cabinet and it's great as a novelty and to show off to people but you wouldn't have a serious gaming session on it without connecting it to a TV, which then slightly defeats the point of the cab form.

This actually looks reasonable. Especially since they set the bar so low with their mini gg! At least it should actually be usable!:lol:

However, after building a picade I'm very suspicious about the quality of the controls used, specifically the buttons. Poor quality knock off buttons (as the picade uses) are hugely detrimental to any playing experience. And by the look of the size of buttons used here, they don't appear to be a standard. Which would mean they could be cheapo ones. It would also mean that they couldn't be swapped out for higher quality ones too. When I installed IL buttons into my picade the experience went from 'this is cool' to, 'THIS IS BLOODY GREAT!'

I’ve ordered one through Amazon Japan. I can live with subpar buttons, but I really hope the stick is good on it. I’m a little fussy when it comes to sticks, at least on my own cabinets. All my cabs have Sanwa sticks (JLF’s), even my Neo Geo woody has Sanwa JLW’s in it (I’m sure to the horror of some purists :hat:)