Jump to content
IGNORED

Far Cry 6 - Island Fring


Harsin
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, spanx said:

Quite fancy this. Thinking a cheeky month on Ubi+ is prob better than buying it full whack, is that a thing?

 

Yeah that's what I've done but I can't shoot whilst aiming down sights it's very annoying!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, McCoy said:

Oh you guys. You're going to make me buckle aren't you? I've not even started Deathloop yet.... 

 

Get Deathloop. If you’ve played FC5, you’ve played this already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The ammo type thing is not very fun. I can understand armour piercing working against armoured types but they work less well against unarmoured enemies which really doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mitchell said:

 

Thanks I tried a few things. Then I uninstalled the game. Uninstalled UbiConnect. Cancelled my Ubi+ subscription. I have the PS5 version hopefully turning up today, tempted to just send it back but I know I'm weak so I'll likely be playing this over the weekend.

 

Whats everyones thoughts now? I've seen lots of reports of enemies respawning almost instantly whilst clearing camps and the world feeling a bit dead.

 

What little I played did feel more like first person Just Cause rather than FC4. I actually really enjoyed FC4 it's my favourite AFTER Far Cry 2 of course which is fantastic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I swear all ubi games are just morphing into the same game. This is reminding me of the recent Ghost Recons and Assassin's Creed games as much as it is Far Cry. It's also very reminiscent of Just Cause 3.

 

Fun? Yes. Original? No.

 

UbiSoft has a formula and they know it works. It's like they've distilled their gameplay loop to the point whatever game they do in whatever setting it'll have that Ubi feel. And it's obviously doing alright for them because all these games sell so well. They are eminently playable games, even if a heavy sense of deja vu is mixed in with the enjoyment. They're going for familiarity and playability over originality. How long they can sustain this is another story. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Vimster said:

How long they can sustain this is another story. 


They can’t. I’m bored shitless. I loved FC5, this is just annoying me.

 

The small things they’ve added - base construction, anti aircraft guns to stop you flying around where you want, elite special forces who hunt you like the assassins in AC, third person in bases - are all extremely annoying.

 

The special forces will shoot you from a distance and you won’t know where from.

 

Any alarm going off usually results in a bullet sponge helicopter coming in to fuck you up.

 

The crocodile is fucking useless. Maybe you can level him up, I’d rather turn him into a handbag. He has about 3 hit points, is dumb as a bag of rocks and always manages to alert guards. 

 

The third person in bases bit is not only pointless - there is no reason for it unless you want to see your trousers or something - it stops you jumping. So instead of bouncing over a low fence to get back out there you have to track round to the proper exit to get out. Why? Why would they do that.

 

I wish NPC’s would stop calling me every 3 minutes. I want to throw my phone away.

 

I suppose it’s not a bad looking game but it’s looking rather ropey by current standards. It does the usual Ubi thing of looking hideous during the opening scene and then looking prettier a couple of hours in.

 

After completing the opening scene I was told I had unlocked something if I logged into my Ubisoft account. Fuck off, mate.

 

I know this has been mentioned in reviews but the lack of any kind of evolution is staggering. I was looking forward to more far cry. Be careful what you wish for.

 

I think I must have liked 5 because I found the setting so cool. This is just bland.

 

If this has encouraged you and you’d like to buy the PS5 version, hit me up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Strafe said:


They can’t. I’m bored shitless. I loved FC5, this is just annoying me.

 

The small things they’ve added - base construction, anti aircraft guns to stop you flying around where you want, elite special forces who hunt you like the assassins in AC, third person in bases - are all extremely annoying.

 

The special forces will shoot you from a distance and you won’t know where from.

 

Any alarm going off usually results in a bullet sponge helicopter coming in to fuck you up.

 

The crocodile is fucking useless. Maybe you can level him up, I’d rather turn him into a handbag. He has about 3 hit points, is dumb as a bag of rocks and always manages to alert guards. 

 

The third person in bases bit is not only pointless - there is no reason for it unless you want to see your trousers or something - it stops you jumping. So instead of bouncing over a low fence to get back out there you have to track round to the proper exit to get out. Why? Why would they do that.

 

I wish NPC’s would stop calling me every 3 minutes. I want to throw my phone away.

 

I suppose it’s not a bad looking game but it’s looking rather ropey by current standards. It does the usual Ubi thing of looking hideous during the opening scene and then looking prettier a couple of hours in.

 

After completing the opening scene I was told I had unlocked something if I logged into my Ubisoft account. Fuck off, mate.

 

I know this has been mentioned in reviews but the lack of any kind of evolution is staggering. I was looking forward to more far cry. Be careful what you wish for.

 

I think I must have liked 5 because I found the setting so cool. This is just bland.

 

If this has encouraged you and you’d like to buy the PS5 version, hit me up!

Apart from all that though, it's great, yeah?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you enter one of your camps, the view changes to 3rd person. It's not really an issue.

 

The AI and the way things react to each other is atrocious, however. Anyone who was complaining about the AI in Deathloop recently... probably best to steer clear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Minion said:

I knew I should have sent this back hahah oh well it's installed now and downloading the patch/textures. I hear enemy respawning is a big problem. What's this about 3rd person @Strafe?


It’s not a massive issue, just pointless and takes you out of the immersion a bit. But you can’t jump or climb over anything so you can’t vault a low fence to get out quick. It’s silly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Strafe said:


It’s not a massive issue, just pointless and takes you out of the immersion a bit. But you can’t jump or climb over anything so you can’t vault a low fence to get out quick. It’s silly.

 

I don't want to play in 3rd person! hmmm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Minion said:

 

I don't want to play in 3rd person! hmmm


You’re not doing a great deal in 3rd person. It’s just when you arrive at a camp and are walking around in it (ie finding a quest, using a bench to upgrade weapons etc). The vast, vast majority of it is all first person. It’s just a pointless minor addition, presumably so you can see what outfit you have on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Strafe said:


You’re not doing a great deal in 3rd person. It’s just when you arrive at a camp and are walking around in it (ie finding a quest, using a bench to upgrade weapons etc). The vast, vast majority of it is all first person. It’s just a pointless minor addition, presumably so you can see what outfit you have on.

That's probably it. In FC5 I rushed through the character creation as I just wanted to get on with it. I kept wondering who that woman was talking and realised the default gender choice was female. I kitted her out in some ludicrous dayglo camo suit thing for what it's worth as the only evidence of it was the sleeves. Can't sell cosmetics if you can't see them. I guess if you're playing in co-op it sort of matters though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m baffled they decided to keep the levelled enemies system from New Dawn. Fair enough in New Dawn, as I just thought they were trying something new and would ditch it for the next game. Yet it appears the overwhelmingly negative feedback made them decide full-steam ahead. What the fuck? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Couple of tips. 

 

-Turn on the option to outline collectable items. Resources are needed and it makes it far easier to see. 

- If you want to get somewhere quicker and its maybe close to a checkpoint or base then use the free fall option in fast travel and fly towards where you want to go. 

- Stealth is king. Because of the shite bullet types combat can be a pain in the arse. Using a bow and getting headshots seems to negate any buffs the enemies have. Although if they see or hear you and are on alert headshots dont matter it seems.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.