Old Nerd Playing Old PC Games (Youtube)

Old Nerd

Hi there gamers !
My plan is to beat all pc games I remember from about 20-30 years ago.
Mainly, I want to create an archive of pure walkthroughs without disturbing by any voice commentary, but I will also try to publish special series with reviews, commentaries etc.
I am Old Nerd Playing Old PC Games ▪ Enjoy my journey

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/OldNerdPlayingOldPCGames

You can support my channel by subscribe, like or comment. Thank you :)

OldNerdPLayingOldPCGamesTemplateNAJVACSIE.thumb.png.9b733aea0891dfac45009c020464f5f1.png

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Love Prince of Persia. Such undervalued and satisfying gameplay now of atmosphere + memorising + reflex. Always found it odd how people will expound the gameplay of this yet don't rate Rick Dangerous (:wub: obviously), which imo shares precisely the same mechanics.

I'm sorry if this comes across as grumpy but isn't this behaviour a bit spammy?

I'm sure the Old Nerd makes great YouTube videos (I might check them out at some point) but there's nothing here more than some links to the videos.  No engaging in the forum with interesting comments or posts, just direct links to the videos.

That feels a bit spammy to me and in the past I've seen people warned and even banned for such behaviour.  Perhaps you should talk more about your videos and get involved in the community here at rllmuk before just creating empty posts?

Maybe it's just me though?

8 posts in 6 months and all pretty much the same.

I hate putting newbies down on forums so hopefully this is just someone who doesn't get the etiquette of the forum and it's not representative of their normal style. I'm sure @Old Nerd will take a more contributory part in the conversation and not just shout his promo's.

3 hours ago, new666uk said:

8 posts in 6 months and all pretty much the same.

I hate putting newbies down on forums so hopefully this is just someone who doesn't get the etiquette of the forum and it's not representative of their normal style. I'm sure @Old Nerd will take a more contributory part in the conversation and not just shout his promo's.

I hope so too.  I'd love to see Old Nerd become a regular here in the retro forum as long as there's a mixture of proper posts along with his youtube links. :)

• 1 month later...

You are right guys. I apologize I am not so "social-active". I'm just trying build my channel, every day uploading videos & have so less time.

Feel free to ask me anything. I have a long description in community page & About page on YT. Thank you all for support.

Just for another point of view, I'm happy for Old Nerd just to post his videos here. Who knows what the forum is really for at this point? It may as well be for people to share their retro content. I doubt he's making a fortune out of this, if he's making anything at all, so I don't really consider it spam. 

Regarding the videos themselves - I'd rethink your thing about not having any talking over the gameplay footage. I just think there's already commentary-free "long plays" of just about every game out there already. And I always find intelligent commentary of game play through engaging, always interesting to hear someone's thoughts about a game. No need to create a YouTube "persona" and start yelling about liking and subscribing, or trying to be funny. Just talk about your thoughts as you are playing the game, point out things that you think are good bits of game design or whatever! Just a friendly suggestion, feel free to ignore me if that isn't what you want to do at all!

6 hours ago, Old Nerd said:

You are right guys. I apologize I am not so "social-active". I'm just trying build my channel, every day uploading videos & have so less time.

Feel free to ask me anything. I have a long description in community page & About page on YT. Thank you all for support.

I have to agree with others here about your posts in that whilst it's fine to post your videos it would be nice if you could join in with the rest of us just in other threads We're a generally friendly bunch here. We have a Your Retro Youtube Videos topic you are welcome to contribute to where members share thier vids. I feel if you engage more with us you're more likely to get people here to follow your stuff on Youtube.

I agree with @Anne Summersit’s always nice to hear a bit of chat / banter in these videos rather than a silent play through. However it helps if the chat is enthusiastic and factual, the main reason I never uploaded any videos to YouTube despite buying a load of capture kit and a nice microphone :doh: