The funniest moment in The Simpsons history

Thought I would mix it up and share one of the greatest scenes. 

The voice acting has so much heart and Bart saying "I really tried this time" always gets to me. Thankfully it has a happy ending. 

Oh absolutely. Another peak in those early seasons was the Mr Bergstrom episode. Not a scene from it but I'm going to take this opportunity to shill Dankmus, who makes some absolutely slamming jams sampling classic lines. His Bergstrom one is instrumental, but I think really captures the heart of that episode:

It's real hard to pick a favourite, but I find myself going back to The Boogeyman a lot:

Ha, that's great but dangerous.. has that wonderful inspiring ring to it that makes you think "oh of course, I've never written before but I reckon I know exactly how to go about it now! I bet I'm a genius and I never even knew!"

-500 pages of incoherent gibberish later- 

"It can't be rubbish... Nobody gets me, that's what it must be..."

After reading that interview I bought one of his books “The Time Machine Made Me Do It”.  A sort of comedy Raymond Chandler thing. Already had some belting lines in it.

The one I remember properly laughing at was Sideshow Bob standing on the rake, simply because I couldn't believe how long it went on for, and then the zoomed out shot just finishes it perfectly.

Hopefully someone can come to the rescue, I'm sure this was in The Simpsons but now after 30 mins of searching, I'm doubting myself.

Homer is at a convention, watching a Q&A with a panel who I think were spoof characters of Galaxy Quest.

The twist was that none of the questions in the Q&A were related to what there were promoting.

One of the questions was something like:

Audience member "I suffer with dry skin, what could it be?"

Panel member "Hot showers, next question".

edit: it was Family Guy, from 1:10

6 hours ago, auntyclimax said:

Hopefully someone can come to the rescue, I'm sure this was in The Simpsons but now after 30 mins of searching, I'm doubting myself.

Homer is at a convention, watching a Q&A with a panel who I think were spoof characters of Galaxy Quest.

The twist was that none of the questions in the Q&A were related to what there were promoting.

One of the questions was something like:

Audience member "I suffer with dry skin, what could it be?"

Panel member "Hot showers, next question".

edit: it was Family Guy, from 1:10

The key thing to remember is how unfunny it is.

I have been going through this thread a page and a time to cheer myself up. It’s great!

Dig up stupid is commonly used in my household for when someone talks themselves into trouble. And this:

This scene slayed me at the time…

It's cut with the Griundskeeper Willy bit missing, but this cracks me up. Especially the laughing at the end.

One of my top 5 episodes, whacking day. Even the itchy and scratchy with "guest director, Oliver Stone" and its the Lee Harvey Oswald  hit.

I still can't get my head around the fact that I have every episode of the Simpsons available to watch at any time. It feels like information of such magnitude that it doesn't fit into my head, and I keep forgetting I have this incredible resource at my fingertips.