Which directors or actors have you seen everything they've done?

Who have you completed the set for? Feature films only and obviously guys with like one or two films don't really count. 

Only ones I can think of are Tarantino and Taika Waititi both as directors only. Close on Christopher Nolan only need to see his first film and the new one. Also close on Kubrick have seen everything after and including Paths of Glory. Thought I would have been close on the Cohen brothers but have missed a good few of them. For actors I only need to see The Conversation (which I can't find anywhere) for John Cazale (he was only in 5 films, but might have the best weighted filmography ever). 

Have probably done another director or two without even realizing it. 

What are some manageable and enjoyable examples to try for? 

Has anyone done the full Samuel L? I doubt even he has. 

Tarantino but it's not hard when he's only directed 10 films. Also Hayao Miyazaki.

I've had a look on Letterboxd for a few big/well known names and it's saying

Directors

Nolan 9/10

Speilberg - 19/33

Ridley Scott - 13/25 (I thought this would have been more)

Bong Joon-ho 5/7

Taika Waitit - 4/6

James Cameron - 6/8 (films only - but also, how the fuck has Cameron only directed 8 films)

Actors

Samuel L.Jackson - 61/198 (althought don't know how many of those are Cameos, still 61 is good going)

Arnold Schwarzenegger - 26/38 (excluding cameos or random documentaries he's appeared on)

The Rock - 26/36 (exlcuding cameos)

Tom Hanks - 27/51 (exlcuding cameos)

1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

Tarantino but it's not hard when he's only directed 10 films. Also Hayao Miyazaki.

I've had a look on Letterboxd for a few big/well known names and it's saying

Directors

Nolan 9/10

Speilberg - 19/33

Ridley Scott - 13/25 (I thought this would have been more)

Bong Joon-ho 5/7

Taika Waitit - 4/6

James Cameron - 6/8 (films only - but also, how the fuck has Cameron only directed 8 films)

Actors

Samuel L.Jackson - 61/198 (althought don't know how many of those are Cameos, still 61 is good going)

Arnold Schwarzenegger - 26/38 (excluding cameos or random documentaries he's appeared on)

The Rock - 26/36 (exlcuding cameos)

Tom Hanks - 27/51 (exlcuding cameos)

Tom Hanks has only been in 51 films? That can't be right, can it?

3 hours ago, Raoull duke said:

Who have you completed the set for? Feature films only and obviously guys with like one or two films don't really count. 

Only ones I can think of are Tarantino and Taika Waititi both as directors only. Close on Christopher Nolan only need to see his first film and the new one. Also close on Kubrick have seen everything after and including Paths of Glory. Thought I would have been close on the Cohen brothers but have missed a good few of them. For actors I only need to see The Conversation (which I can't find anywhere) for John Cazale (he was only in 5 films, but might have the best weighted filmography ever). 

Have probably done another director or two without even realizing it. 

What are some manageable and enjoyable examples to try for? 

Has anyone done the full Samuel L? I doubt even he has. 

The Conversation was streaming for free on BBC iPlayer recently. Sorry for this useless and probably annoying information 

There’s a surprising amount of directors who I love, that still have one or two films I’ve yet to see.

But the ones that I slavishly watch everything they release are.

Tarantino

Terry Gilliam

Daren Aronofsky

Ben Wheatley

Christopher Nolan

I’ve been working on watching all the films of Kore-eda, and Kurosawa while on furlough, but still have a couple from each to go.

I have done Kubrick - the three documentary shorts were tricky to source but interesting as a curio

George A Romero - almost everything of his is worth a watch. There's Always Vanilla and his Two Evil Eyes segment are probably the hardest going.

Peter Jackson including his fake documentary which is well worth searching out!

14 minutes ago, Bazjam said:

There’s a surprising amount of directors who I love, that still have one or two films I’ve yet to see.

But the ones that I slavishly watch everything they release are.

Tarantino

Terry Gilliam

Daren Aronofsky

Ben Wheatley

Christopher Nolan

I’ve been working on watching all the films of Kore-eda, and Kurosawa while on furlough, but still have a couple from each to go.

Am with you on Ben Wheatley (I wish I could recapture the numbness I felt as the credits rolled on Kill List, my intro to his art). Also adore Wes Anderson whimsy

I've seen all of Tarantino's films. And hated all but two, but it still counts right? 

I've seen and loved, or at least enjoyed, all of Kurosawa's films. Same with Kubrick. An easy thing to achieve because their films are so consistently amazing. 

I was going to say Alan Parker, but checking his filmography I remembered he'd directed Evita, and there's no way I'm sitting through that so I'll never complete that set. I also thought I'd seen all of Powell and Pressburger's films but checking imdb there are a few I haven't. So now I have that to look forward to, which is nice.

For actors it's a lot trickier to think of anyone. I felt like I'd seen everything Brando had done, but there are two I haven't seen. Similar story with Bogart, except there are about five. However a possibility looms, and I might be able to tick one off very shortly as it seems the only Clint Eastwood film (where he acts rather than directs) I haven't seen is "Mule", which is on Sky or Netflix or one of those things. I'm not sure it's any good but thanks to this thread my OCD itch is not going to allow me any peace until I've watched it. 

In terms of directors I think it’s just Tarantino, Cohen Brothers, Sofia Coppola and George Lucas. I thought Edgar Wright too, but it turns out there’s a 1995 debut I’d never heard of until  now. Probably not managed any actors.

1 hour ago, David Kenny said:

I've seen all of Tarantino's films. And hated all but two, but it still counts right? 

I've seen and loved, or at least enjoyed, all of Kurosawa's films. Same with Kubrick. An easy thing to achieve because their films are so consistently amazing. 

I was going to say Alan Parker, but checking his filmography I remembered he'd directed Evita, and there's no way I'm sitting through that so I'll never complete that set. I also thought I'd seen all of Powell and Pressburger's films but checking imdb there are a few I haven't. So now I have that to look forward to, which is nice.

For actors it's a lot trickier to think of anyone. I felt like I'd seen everything Brando had done, but there are two I haven't seen. Similar story with Bogart, except there are about five. However a possibility looms, and I might be able to tick one off very shortly as it seems the only Clint Eastwood film (where he acts rather than directs) I haven't seen is "Mule", which is on Sky or Netflix or one of those things. I'm not sure it's any good but thanks to this thread my OCD itch is not going to allow me any peace until I've watched it. 

Evita is one of his best.

Fair enough. Probably not for you then. He was a very good director of musicals though. Fame is very underrated (people seem to confuse it with the awful tv show), and Bugsy Malone which is of course great.

Yeah absolutely. I really liked Fame, Bugsy Malone, The Wall, and the Commitments. 

He's a strange director really, making things like Angel Heart and Midnight Express alongside things like Bugsy Malone, and somehow bringing the same style to both.

Strangely enough I haven't completed the main filmographies of most of my favourite directors. Carpenter is the only one that springs to mind. Some because I'm hanging on for HD restorations (Kurosawa, Fukasaku, Ray, Suzuki), and some because I just haven't gotten round to it. I'm almost 100% on my big guns; from Kubrick I still need to put down Barry Lyndon, even though I've owned it on bloo for years. Aside from docs and shorts I still haven't managed to get round to Who's That Knocking On My Door and Boxcar Bertha from Scorsese, War Horse from Spielberg, and a handful from Allen.

I've seen all Wong Kar-Wai, Lynch, Fincher and the Andersons (Wes and PT), but most of those barely scrape two figures.

I think the only likely contender for me is Sergio Leone, but according to Wikipedia I missed the set by one film (The Last Days of Pompeii).

There’s a good chance I’ve seen every Spielberg film, because he doesnt really do obscure titles - but I think he did some big epic about Africa or something when I was in my twenties that I skipped.

Likewise J.J. Abrams, but not because I’m a fan - he just seems to get the director gig on movies I would prefer to be directed by someone else.

Christpher Nolan’s a pretty easy one to get Bingo on, as long as you’ve seen Memento - everything since has been big hype I think.

20 hours ago, David Kenny said:

Yeah absolutely. I really liked Fame, Bugsy Malone, The Wall, and the Commitments. 

He's a strange director really, making things like Angel Heart and Midnight Express alongside things like Bugsy Malone, and somehow bringing the same style to both.

Parker was an amazingly talented director. Shame he gave it up 

Kubrick

Cronenberg

Tarantino

Haneke

Wong Kar Wai (only his films, there's a bunch of tv stuff listed on IMDb that I haven't seen but OP says feature films only so...)

Wes Anderson

Nicolas Winding Refn

I'm sure there must be a few more but that's what comes to mind right now.

Oh Lynch would be on my list but I've still not seen Straight Story - I should right that wrong right?

@minion based on the other directors you list I think you'd love The Straight Story. I think it's a perfect film. Killer cameo too.

I'm not sure I have full set of anyone I like. Haven't seen The Elephant Man, R100, Winter Sleep, Tideland.

Loads of David Gordon Green I haven't seen.

Oh snap, Tony Gilroy! I thought he directed Beirut but he just wrote it.

And Jonathan Glazer. I've even seen most his music videos.