Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes | A spiritual sequel from the Suikoden I and II team

Oh man Suikoden is one of my absolute most favourite series! I’m going to donate as much as I can spare. Which right now is about a tenner but still! I’ve got really high hopes for this!

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, bumgut said:

Whats this bullshit ps5/xsx versions?

Why not ps4/xbox one?

For $500,000 you arent getting next gen production values.

Fall 2022 it says. Likely there will be a delay or two, so maybe spring 2023. For the same reason you wouldn't release a game on 360 and PS3 now, they aren't going to release something for XB1 and PS4 at the end of 2022 or first half of 2023. 

• Upvote 2

Get "from Suikoden staff" in the thread title! I only wandered in here on a whim and was surprised to see one of my favourite JRPG series potentially getting a spiritual sequel.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, revlob said:

Get "from Suikoden staff" in the thread title! I only wandered in here on a whim and was surprised to see one of my favourite JRPG series potentially getting a spiritual sequel.

Same here! I lazily clicked on it expecting some lols to be had about random ass weird anime game. Instead I find the spiritual sequel to one of my all-time favorites!

Get "spiritual suikoden" and "from the makers of" in the thread title asap! @Revival

• Upvote 1

Reading the article; it looks and sounds great. Like a true successor to Suikoden 1 and 2, the best in the series. Those two are some of my favorite rpgs of all time. The art direction looks great, a bit like Octopath but sprites that look more like Suikoden 2 artwork. Lovely. I hope it lives up to Suikoden 2 because that's an incredibly high bar!

• Upvote 1

Tis done as requested.

47 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Same here! I lazily clicked on it expecting some lols to be had about random ass weird anime game.

I'm not going to make a new topic for any old tripe, If I make a topic it's normally got a nod to the past or an update of something keenly regarded.

Just now, Revival said:

I'm not going to make a new topic for any old tripe, If I make a topic it's normally got a nod to the past or an update of something keenly regarded.

Ha, well said - but I didn't spot who created the topic before clicking on it ;)

This went straight to the top of my most wanted list and even if it’s just half as good as Suikoden 2 it’ll be much better than the majority of the JRPGs being released lately. 

• Upvote 2
On 25/07/2020 at 10:49, revlob said:

Indeed.

Otherwise I wouldn't have checked this thread tbh.

f8135d45dc635d486e07023381c53b5e_origina

The Kickstarter page is now live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rabbitandbearstudios/eiyuden-chronicle-hundred-heroes

4000yen|£30 for a digital version

6000yen|£45 for a physical version

There's lots more options so have a look. One thing to note the 500k target is for a PC version. The 1million stretch goal opens up the Xbox One, PS4, Series X, PS5 and Switch versions.

It's only been running for an hour and it's already close to it's target! 

£357,916 pledged of £396,883 goal

Console versions unlock as a stretch goal around £800k

Kickstarter has fallen over completely. Not a great time to have launched, the first few hours can be a critical time for campaigns. Hopefully the outage is resolved quickly.

This has already reached its goal with a good margin and I couldn’t be happier! This could very well end up as another JRPG classic, it certainly looks like the great team has a fantastic vision and plan for this project!

This will be hitting its $1M stretch goal within the hour. Campaign is off to a great start, time to seal myself in the cryo chamber for a couple of years.

• 3 weeks later...