IGNORED

Edge 134 scores

kwakpriest

I don't read Edge but it seems like they mark down stuff that is fun multiplayer. E.g. Mario Kart 5/10, Mario Party 5 got a stupidly low score. The fact remains that these games are all excellent fun when played with more than 1 person, and deserve higher scores because of that. My conclusions: Edge reviewers have no mates :D

As for marking down because of the GBA/friends requirements, I knew about that before I bought the game. I want to know if its any good once you meet the requirements.

Good point.

This reminda me (yet again) of the Smash Bros Melee review - no mention AT ALL about the multiplayer modes.Did they not play them or simply feel they wheren't worth mentioning? :lol:

You have to wonder if they ever actually try 4 player modes when reviewing.

Hyper Street Fighter 2: Anniversary Edition will have a 60Hz mode, I have the PAL version right here. I really don't like the game, terrible retro-crap. Please leave Street Fighter 2 alone Capcom, do not shove old retro Street Fighter 2's in the face of the 2004 market.

Just give us an Xbox version ya bastards!

I don't subsbribe actually. I just have a good local shop that, without fail, always gets it in early.

Yeah, I wonder if you shop the same place I do...'pah!' to subscribing.

Anyway, you left out the best bit of the mag - Toshihiro has a hangover! I *heart* him oh-so-much.

.hack sounds interesting and I guess there will be the usual kind of outcry over Singles. Nice to see a feature on the new wave of budget titles too.

Yeah, I wonder if you shop the same place I do...'pah!' to subscribing.

Anyway, you left out the best bit of the mag - Toshihiro has a hangover! I *heart* him oh-so-much.

.hack sounds interesting and I guess there will be the usual kind of outcry over Singles. Nice to see a feature on the new wave of budget titles too.

where the crap DO you get it?

I've played .hack, it's a mildly dull RPG sent in a semi-interesting world, split across a wallet busting 4 games which don't really improve or change with each iteration. Even a RPG freak mate of mine who buys everything gave up after finishing .hack pt 2.

I've played .hack, it's a mildly dull RPG sent in a semi-interesting world, split across a wallet busting 4 games which don't really improve or change with each iteration. Even a RPG freak mate of mine who buys everything gave up after finishing .hack pt 2.

It's not the best of RPGs but if you take it along with the anime & manga then it's utterly compelling - and it's a fascinating concept. It's not a bad game, but it can get a bit dull, especially as all the levels are randomly generated. Great art, too.

Otogi 2 delivers :lol: That's all I needed to know. The rest of the games don't seem too interesting, although FF:CC scoring a 6/10 is a bit disappointing after a wait of about 2 years.

Perhaps you should play it before branding it "dissappointing" based purely on the Edge review?

It's not the best of RPGs but if you take it along with the anime & manga then it's utterly compelling - and it's a fascinating concept. It's not a bad game, but it can get a bit dull, especially as all the levels are randomly generated. Great art, too.

My main issue is the fact that its released over 4 games, where it clearly doesn't warrant it, especially at full price. If they made .hack just one game it would be a decent RPG, but having to buy 4 games just to get the complete story is arse, especially as they were only released a few months apart.

Perhaps you should play it before branding it "dissappointing" based purely on the Edge review?

I actually meant a disappointing score, not the game itself. And I won't get it, because all reviews I've read basically said that singleplayer isn't very good, the controls are a bit shoddy and there isn't much of a story or anything.

I'm sorry to tell the Edge editorial that I prefer GamesTM these days. They're just so miserable on Edge. They're just video games, I don't want a dissertation on them. Whither gratuitous shots of boobs, fellas, where'd they go?

I'm the complete opposite, having just stopped buying Games TM on account of its complete superficiality. As far as i'm concerned it just has no real content and the layout/design of it is very bad indeed. Where as Edge has an aesthetically considered design and layout plus plenty of real content and multiple views to sink your mental teeth into. But i'm sure this has been said many times before...

Guest Penguin_Lad
Otogi 2 delivers :blink: That's all I needed to know. The rest of the games don't seem too interesting, although FF:CC scoring a 6/10 is a bit disappointing after a wait of about 2 years.

"THE LEGENDS ARE COMING"

Guest Penguin_Lad
:blink:

Well, Metroid Prime is a legendary good game. What were the others in that campaign?

I can't remember. It was TWO christmases ago. Perhaps it was just FF and Metroid?

Nintendo have turned into the old British Rail "We're getting there".

Actually I really enjoyed it...although the story is far from original...infact its a complete rip of Tad William's 'Otherworld' books.

Still a good series I think...but I am an RPG nut admitedly...