rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Unofficial Who

Double Fine Humble Bundle

Absolute bargain here at https://www.humblebundle.com/games/double-fine-20th-anniversary-bundle?partner=rockpapershotgun

For just £7 / $9, you can get 23 games from the publisher’s extensive back catalogue, including Psychonauts (for 79p / $1, no less!), Broken Age, Brutal Legend, Gnog, Rad, Everything, Gang Beasts, Kids… The list goes on. Here’s how it works.

Running from now until August 13th, the Double Fine 20th Anniversary Humble Bundle is split into three different tiers depending on how much you want to pay. I mean, the whole lot will cost you less than a tenner in total, which is like the cost of two fancy coffees, but even if you’ve got a quid to spend then you still get a bunch of stuff for your money.

Get the Double Fine 20th Anniversary Humble Bundle right here from 79p / $1

The bundle covers a range of games from Double Fine’s 20 years of game development, including loads of the classic adventure games they made their name on, as well as those they’ve helped publish for a variety of smaller indie devs. Here’s the full list below:

Pay the minimum of 79p / $1 and you’ll get the following games:

-Psychonauts

-Double Fine Adventure! Complete Series – Deluxe Edition

-Amnesia Fortnight 2012

-Amnesia Fortnight 2014

-Amnesia Fortnight 2017

Then, if you pay more than the average, which is currently £6.52 in the UK at time of writing, then you’ll also get:

-Day of the Tentacle Remastered

-Broken Age

-Brütal Legend

-Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin

-Massive Chalice

-Costume Quest

Finally, if you pay the full amount of £7 / $9, then you’ll get all of the above plus:

-RAD

-GNOG

THOTH

-Mountain

-Everything

Escape Goat 2

-Gang Beasts

-KIDS

-Full Throttle Remastered

-Grim Fandango Remastered

-Headlander

Which is, frankly, ridiculously good value. That’s not all, either. As a bonus for buying the entire bundle, you’ll also get the soundtracks for GNOG, 140, THOTH, Everything, Escape Goat 2, Grim Fandango Remastered and Gang Beasts, plus a voucher for a free month of Humble Choice, Humble’s monthly subscription service.

• Upvote 1

I know this may be piss taking, but if anyone gets this and has any of the following spare...

KIDS
Escape Goat 2
Mountain
RAD

Then please let me know. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bradigor said:

I know this may be piss taking, but if anyone gets this and has any of the following spare...

KIDS
Escape Goat 2
Mountain
RAD

Then please let me know. 

I have 

Escape Goat 2 and Mountain spare.

I'll send you a pm.

• Upvote 2

I will be picking this up, mainly for the free humble month, which I will use next month as there isn't anything that I really want in this month. The bundle is great but lots of games in there that have already been given away free/bundled before.

12 hours ago, BeeJay said:

I will be picking this up, mainly for the free humble month, which I will use next month as there isn't anything that I really want in this month. The bundle is great but lots of games in there that have already been given away free/bundled before.

I grabbed it mainly for RAD (at half price) and access to all the Amnesia Fortnight prototypes.

Double Fine being bought by Microsoft is gutting to me, as a PlayStation Fanboy. If they bring out sequels to DOTT or Brutal Legend on Xbox I might actually buy one just to play it.

• Upvote 1

Given how Brutal Legend sold I don't think there's any danger of a sequel. Plus it was published by EA. I loved everything a about Brutal Legend except the obvious. Such a shame. Cracking Art Of book, mind.

Am I right in thinking that if I already own Psychonauts on Steam I can't gift this bundle copy to someone? The extra giftable copies bit is confusing me.

8 hours ago, strider said:

Am I right in thinking that if I already own Psychonauts on Steam I can't gift this bundle copy to someone? The extra giftable copies bit is confusing me.

You have to do the gift process through Humble, not through Steam.

On the Humble site when you've bought the bundle, it gives you a long list of each individual game. Click the option next to Psychonauts to convert it into a gift link to share.

I'm not sure what happens if you try to use the redeem code in Steam for a game you already own. Also, I didn't check this, but I assume that if you click the link to download the standalone DRM-free version of the game, it'll also stop you gifting the code.

How does the free month of choice work? Can you use it for a month of premium then cancel it before the recurring payment is taken?

With regards to choice it's still showing previous months. Are you able to pick games from those if I took out a sub today? Is it worth taking a sub out?

2 hours ago, strider said:

With regards to choice it's still showing previous months. Are you able to pick games from those if I took out a sub today? Is it worth taking a sub out?

The games don’t change until Friday so if you subscribe today you select from the current bundle .

As to whether it’s worth it, the new model is no risk; if you want the games you pay near the end of the month (or immediately if you want them now) and if you don’t want them you can pause without being charged or cancel and then rejoin when you like a new bundle.

I like the monthly as a random selection of games that I may be interested in for just over a tenner but if you don’t have the legacy service (which is cheaper and more choices)then you basically can just buy the bundles  you want and cancel if you don’t want the choices that month, it’s not really a subscription service with random chance like it used to be

6 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

The games don’t change until Friday so if you subscribe today you select from the current bundle .

As to whether it’s worth it, the new model is no risk; if you want the games you pay near the end of the month (or immediately if you want them now) and if you don’t want them you can pause without being charged or cancel and then rejoin when you like a new bundle.

I like the monthly as a random selection of games that I may be interested in for just over a tenner but if you don’t have the legacy service (which is cheaper and more choices)then you basically can just buy the bundles  you want and cancel if you don’t want the choices that month, it’s not really a subscription service with random chance like it used to be

When you say current bundle do you mean the games in the June section only? I fancy Call Of Duty World War II from last November and Slay The spire.

Sorry if I'm sounding like an idiot, I don't like the idea of them showing stuff you can't select as it's highlighting all the great games I've missed out on.

3 minutes ago, strider said:

When you say current bundle do you mean the games in the June section only? I fancy Call Of Duty World War II from last November and Slay The spire.

Sorry if I'm sounding like an idiot, I don't like the idea of them showing stuff you can't select as it's highlighting all the great games I've missed out on.

Yeah it’s only the July games available if you sign up now, Age of Wonders, Void Bastards etc.

The past games are just there to show what’s your could have won if you were a member, so it’s a marketing tool. The bundles are only available for one month each...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Yeah it’s only the July games available if you sign up now, Age of Wonders, Void Bastards etc.

The past games are just there to show what’s your could have won if you were a member, so it’s a marketing tool. The bundles are only available for one month each...

I can't see a July bundle. The June bundle is the last one showing. I can see Planetfall and Void Bastards but nothing else. What was release in July?

Ah I've found them.

Hmm, that seems quite a disappointing selection. May leave it this month. I'm assuming most people take out the yearly sub at it's cheaper overall?

I was considering signing up last month as they were offering a decent discount. However, I found that there’s such an abundance of keys for sale for the games on resale sites that it’s cheaper just to buy the games I want.