The General PC Gaming Thread

moosegrinder

Not done much more than dabble with motorways yet (still awaiting a proper machine to play on that isnt a crap tablet), but in the meantime have put a lot of time into Mini Metro and must say it absolutely deserves its reputation for being pretty chill, up until the final 20% of a given run, anyway. :D

A lot of credit goes to the little bloops and chirps, I think.

By the looks of it the game mentioned last page is that but for people who want more mechanics and would rather skip right to the stressful part? 

• 1 month later...

Peglin demo worth a try if you fancy something nice and relaxing - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1296610/Peglin/

header.jpg

Fun little turn based game where instead of rolling a dice, your combat damage is decided by how many pegs you hit in peggle.

You build up your stash of balls during your run, like you would your deck in slay the spire.

I think it works much better than roundguard because once you're doing the peggle bit, once you've shot your ball, that's it, you can just chill and watch the show.

I finally started The Witcher III.

I have all the DLC and a few mods installed to enhance the vanilla game. Bug/engine fixes, better item/stats balancing, a simple reshade, Cavill's face, etc.

I smashed through White Orchard but then felt unhappy with my ability point selection, so started again. I must have 100%'d the place by now. I've found so much more than ever before - something like four of those standing stones.

That's the only thing that hangs me up with these games, I get stuck trying to suss out the best build on my first ever play. Then I later feel bad for making the game too trivial, mainly thanks to looking at "INSANE!" builds online.

8 hours ago, bradigor said:

That looks really nice adding it to my post surgery list of games to catch up on

Stick this page in your bookmarks as well, there's some nice free slot machine things here that are surprisingly good fun. I really like the haunted house one!

https://www.software-illusions.co.uk/WebGames/

For when you're groggy.

14 hours ago, Fallows said:

I finally started The Witcher III.

I have all the DLC and a few mods installed to enhance the vanilla game. Bug/engine fixes, better item/stats balancing, a simple reshade, Cavill's face, etc.

I smashed through White Orchard but then felt unhappy with my ability point selection, so started again. I must have 100%'d the place by now. I've found so much more than ever before - something like four of those standing stones.

That's the only thing that hangs me up with these games, I get stuck trying to suss out the best build on my first ever play. Then I later feel bad for making the game too trivial, mainly thanks to looking at "INSANE!" builds online.

I recently played witcher 3 for the first time. Don't worry you can buy a potion to reset your skills later on. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, ilpostino said:

I believe the I Am An Air Traffic Controller games are very well regarded.

Yeah got the demo downloaded so will try that. £45 is a lot of money and a high barrier of entry.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh thank fuck, we can finally access the actual files of [some of] our games, rather than the horror that is the Xbox app's default experience of putting games in inaccessible, uneditable gibberish folders.

Do we know if that will be able to cure the issue of space that it not accessible but has been previously reserved by the app and is currently undeletable? Our is that still a re-format drive job?

I have about 50gb that is trapped in an old folder that corrupted and, of course, no amount of faffing around with permissions will let me delete it. 

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, ImmaculateClump said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1794680/Vampire_Survivors/

UniqueFluffyChafer-small.gif

Demo on itch - https://poncle.itch.io/vampire-survivors

This is way more fun than it has any right to be.

Heh, when I saw this thread bumped I thought I'd come and mention Vampire Survivors... 

Been playing on and off during boring work calls, it is (as a friend of mine said) very moreish. And only £2.

8 minutes ago, robdood said:

Hey PC rllmukers, what's your go-to place for buying discounted Steam codes etc?

I'm after the best deal I can find on Elden Ring, if poss.

Thanks!

CDKeys is the go to still. Greenmagaming, Humble (especially if you have Choice for %20 off), and sometimes gamesplanet are good for older games but not so much preorders/new releases. The other key selling sites (G2A, Kinguin etc) are dodgy and full of stolen credit card keys.

Came here to post about Vampire Survivors too after watching Day[9] play it and then purchasing. I kind of think it deserves its own thread…

Crazy value for £2 - like the developer made a big mistake value.

The mechanics/shop/achievements/unlocks/upgrades are moderately in depth and well thought out. It could do with slightly more combat mechanics though. My last run was 28 minutes with two Legendary upgrades and for the last 5-10 minutes of it until I finally died I was basically invincible. But I also understand that balancing all the many combinations is why this is still Early Access. And also having *some* overpowered stuff is good.

Even though the game is really nothing like it… the roguelite+idlegame-but-not really nature of it… and the art style definitely remind me of Loop Hero.

For £2 though I’ve already got enough value out of it…

Vampire Survivors is in the top 40 selling games on Steam at the moment, considering it costs £2.09 and it's the middle of a sale that is pretty impressive.

I'm always amused when PC gaming is portrayed as nothing but but running the latest AAA games at high settings and high frame rates when the majority of people are on far more modest hardware playing all sorts of games, many of which aren't available on consoles at all. The PC is easily the most diverse gaming platform.