The General PC Gaming Thread

moosegrinder

Isn't it about time Vampire Survivors got its own thread?  More people need to know about it!! 

My last run was great, I ended up stacking loads of upgrades into garlic and the book, it was pretty entertaining!

I'm generally stuck at about 10mins... I just never seem to be able to survive the second flower circle of doom.  Any tips?!

PS love how talking about these sort of games  is utterly incomprehensible to outsiders - I mean, just look at what I've just typed. :D

Ok I just broke the ten min mark on my next go!! Typical!! Paused to ask the following question: I just picked up.. something that gave me about 5 or 6 upgrades in a row..?  I thought I'd hit a bug at first!!  What was that about?

39 minutes ago, robdood said:

Ok I just broke the ten min mark on my next go!! Typical!! Paused to ask the following question: I just picked up.. something that gave me about 5 or 6 upgrades in a row..?  I thought I'd hit a bug at first!!  What was that about?

I got it! There's a pickup that sucks in all the XP! :D

Just had my first go on Library - what excellent music!! ❤️ I also got this far:

image.thumb.png.4016ac97dfd0bd98892840db32a5a762.png

Got my first evolved powerups! They were neat as fuck!! Felt like I'd been cruising for ages then this mad wave of Witches just ruined it! :( boo. 

What a stupid, great game 😍

Results for those who care:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a22986765cc7dd1a1c61b2ffbe48ba00.png

On 05/08/2021 at 15:02, bradigor said:

Rail Route

This is a Rail Routing simulator and it is fantastic. You get basic tools to start (tracks, manual signal, etc) but as you complete contracts you earn money and skill points. These are then used to expand you network and improve it. Adding automation and such. I have been addicted for the past week now and have managed to make a portion of my map fully automated. It is so relaxing sitting and watching it all come together. 

I bought this off your recommendation last summer but never really got in to it. Thanks to the gaming abstinence thread I gave it another bash last week and I’ve been totally addicted to it. Went with the Prague map and now have a network of about nine stations, everything completed automated. Now just trying to see how far I can push it by loading the network up to the max. Cracking little game

I've been getting back into Sim City 4. Despite having played well over 100 hours years ago, I'm actually pretty bad at building a good city - I've never had a skyscraper, for example. Frustratingly all my mods seems to have disappeared for it, so I've been playing vanilla to try and get the basics down before loading up with extras (the NAM mod changes the transport and traffic systems massively, for example). 

I'm still terrible at it, but am really enjoying the challenge. I need to find some good guides for it, I think. 

Vampire Survivors, I have no idea why it keeps dragging me back.

What is your favourite item/weapon? Bible is very powerful I find simply to keep things away from you, the wands are also good and I like the bouncing rune puts out some serious damage. I just did a run where I finally got the rainbow bird.

My God I almost had a heart attack finishing library earlier! I died just as the clock hit 30 mins, I was cursing but then realised the end screen said stage clear!! Yay! 

It's a tricky balancing act, I think any combination of items can win, you just have to pace how you collect them, I find keeping yourself to a few weapons max until about half way is invaluable as it means you're much more likely to get them all upgraded to higher levels. 

I do hate pentagram though! Accidentally picked it on another run, totally screwed me over as it made it impossible to get chests! 

Yeah, you only get so many points to spend, so while it's good to get a few different things early on that compliment each other, for the late game, you really need at least one thing maxed out

For some of the weapons, the difference between almost fully powered up and maxed out is insane.

Just see which weapon you've been getting drops of and that you're naturally leaning towards during the run and just lean into it. Once you've got a few other things going, don't leave it too late, start picking it regardless to make sure you get at least one thing maxed out.

It's really fun maxing out the different weapons to see what they do.

Garlic, the bible, duplicator as other have said are all good to get early on. The axe is surprisingly good, it does a tone of damage and as you level it up it goes through more baddies, and maxed out it's fab.

I had this one run where I maxed out the dove and the black crow thing and they combined and started shooting out rainbows. That was fun! - https://streamable.com/8luq7h

I have had 2 runs today end it around 29:30 simply because I didn't have enough damage to survive and then the circle of enemies just collapses on you. My easiest runs have been when I max and evolve both wands, the bible and then rune chaser and duplicate. I like to try and have 1 weapon ready to evolve for the 10 minute chest.

Attract is also a very nice skill.

Just got my first win with more or less the build above. Vespers, duplicator, a lot of slow, probably too much area extend, a bit of garlic, a bit of runes and whip. Decent amount of luck and a lot of suck. Basically just sat there for the last minute and absorbed hp. Ended up so OP that I was levelling every 2 seconds, and my slow was effective enough that the boss reaper was kind enough to wait while I gave the screen one last clear-out. :)

Does anyone have the collection page on Vampire Survivors filled out?

The only item I am missing is whatever is to the right of the Stone mask on the second row from the bottom but I can't figure out what I am missing.

I got it, it was the rebirth thing. all done now.

Edited by Mallet