rllmuk

Pikmin 3 Deluxe - Switch - October 30th

Glad the Switch is working for Nintendo. Recently decided to move mine on. Bit tired of re-releases. Mario was amazing as ever which was my main driver for getting the console. Enjoyed Luigi's mansion and Yoshi (although never finished that!). 

Not missed it sadly. Actually using my Wii at the moment and playing New Super Mario Bros Wii and using Wii Fit for some yoga. Also have my mini SNES and NES consoles.

Just wish there would have been another Mario by now or at least some DLC. I mean we had two Galaxy's on the Wii and two Zeldas. 

Sometimes wish they hadn't have merged home and handheld machines but it seemed to have worked for them so fair play to Ninty.

To be fair we’ve had two Zeldas already on Switch with a sequel to BoTW on the way, on Wii they were released 5 years apart (Twilight Princess & Skyward Sword). 

This year is obviously weird but we’ve already had what will likely be Nintendo’s biggest game to date, Animal Crossing New Horizons, and no doubt we’ll see something else before the year is through, but yeah, it’s frustrating how they are choosing to reveal stuff at the moment although perhaps beyond their control given the current unease. 

I’m really pleased with the announcement for Pikmin 3, I know it’s another port but honestly who else makes games of this quality? 

• Upvote 2

This is excellent news, pos’ all round my fellow thread-repliers, in honour of this wonderful announcement. 

What’s left from the Wii U carcass to pick over and slap a ‘DX’ badge on?

12 minutes ago, Popo said:

This is excellent news, pos’ all round my fellow thread-repliers, in honour of this wonderful announcement. 

What’s left from the Wii U carcass to pick over and slap a ‘DX’ badge on?

Just Yoshi's Wooly World and Xenoblade X, methinks. 

29 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Mario 3D World is my guess for the next port, rumoured to be released separately from that Allstars package comprising 64, Sunshine and Galaxy 1&2, if that really is a thing. Hope so. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

Also Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD.

Wind Waker HD especially deserves a larger audience. It improved on the original massively by allowing you to command the direction of the wind when at sea so the treasure hunting at the end of the game wasn’t completely soul destroying. 

• Upvote 3

Definitely those, but remember when Skyward Sword was rumoured and that never happened, maybe next year for its 10th anniversary, and surely 2023 is a shoe-in for Ocarina 25th anniversary (:o) God knows where BoTW2 sits in that schedule. 

It just seems to me that planning and development has ground to a halt at Nintendo HQ during the pandemic, they have a few releases ready but other than that they appear to be sailing without a mast at the moment.

They are a bloody odd company. I mean I know things are different in Japan but Sony are a Japanese company and they managed to put together a whole new console launch somehow. I can’t believe the only new Nintendo games this year will be Animal Crossing and Paper Mario - it’s just, odd. 

And if that sounds like I’m moaning I’m not I’m really looking forward to this, I just thought that going into the Switch’s fourth year they’d have something more to show us by now. 

4 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Is this true? If it is that's an absolutely disgusting move by Nintendo.

They did the same with Donkey Kong Country and New Super Mario Bros U.

57 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

What about all the Miyamoto chat that Pikmin 4 was finished years ago? 

(maybe citation needed, but that's the received perception) 

Btw I think this was debunked - Miyamoto mentioned the next game was near completion, but he was probably referring to the 3DS game ‘Hey Pikmin’  which was yet to be released at the time. I think they confirmed the 4th instalment proper was in development but no announcement or anything, or how far along the development schedule it was. 

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, deKay said:

I don’t really see the problem. If you want the game on the Wii U you’d already have the game in the Wii U.

WTF are you on about? By that logic there shouldn't even be a Wii U store.

• Empathy 1

Pikmin 3 is a wonderful game. I'd be interested to see how the controls work out for this though. In my mind this version is going to lose the best means of playing it, which was wiimote + gamepad as map. You could send your other characters to certain points using the map, which seemed fairly critical for the platinum times on mission mode. When there were rumours of Pikmin 4 I was struggling to see how they could match those controls. If you've got a Wii U and can get a copy of this, do it.

11 hours ago, Stanley said:

Sure, no problem at all - unless you do want it and you don’t have it :wacko:

Why not? It’s been out for years.

10 hours ago, Hitcher said:

WTF are you on about? By that logic there shouldn't even be a Wii U store.

For games that are many years old and now on current systems... I’m not sure there’s a need now? So long as people can redownload games they’ve bought I don’t see the problem. Was anyone really waiting 7 years, 3 years past the death of the Wii U commercially, before deciding to pick up Pikmin 3 digitally?

If it was ONLY on the Wii U, and ONLY available digitally, you’d have a point.

• Upvote 1

I've never 'got' Pikmin, unfortunately. I've played all 3 games and can't understand the appeal of the gameplay, even though 3 in particular looked lovely. Anyone else? Maybe I'll try again!

Anyway...

I never finished 3. I think the extra Pikmin types and forced Wii U features put me off a bit. 

I have so many of these games on Wii U like Wooly World and Kirby and Pikmin that I did t play the first time. I just bought them. 

26 minutes ago, deKay said:

Why not? It’s been out for years.

Yeah, try spinning it however you like, it’s an anti consumer move to push people towards buying the Switch version. I mean what’s the excuse, it was taking up too much server space? 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Yeah, try spinning it however you like, it’s an anti consumer move to push people towards buying the Switch version. I mean what’s the excuse, it was taking up too much server space? 

The “excuse” is they want you to buy the new one not the old one.

I still don’t see the problem. It’s not like the old one is any cheaper. Just get a disc from CEX if you must play it on the Wii U.