tell me your favorite singers

hey'all, my name is lucky, well, you can call like that.

i'm from brazil, and you? i like several musical styles, i don't have preference, i really listen to everything.

lately i´ve been listening a lot to Yoñlu, he doesn't my ears. :rolleyes:

Do you like a music a lot like me? i have a dream to compose and record like Yoñlu, he is a great inspiration for me, and you?

Probably nobody will read this topic, but, what does it cost to try? :hat:

stay well and don't leave the house, always wear a mask.

until another day there!!!!!

On 06/08/2020 at 05:47, ZOK said:

Do you like Elis Regina? She’s from Brazil, this is my favourite song of hers, with Tom Jobim:

Possibly the most perfect interpretation  of the most perfect song.

omg, anybody notice me! lmao.

this song is a classic here in brazil, i think all young people should know it, it's really great! the Brazilian music of that time is rich in talent, totally unlike today. have you ever experienced legião urbana or tim maia? should hear.

If we're talking Brazilian music then I can't get enough of Antonio Carlos Jobim. Superb musician and arranger, who along with Joao Gilberto helped bring the Bossa Nova to America (and then the world).

This recording he did with Sinatra is one of my absolute favourite albums.

2 hours ago, David Kenny said:

If we're talking Brazilian music then I can't get enough of Antonio Carlos Jobim. Superb musician and arranger, who along with Joao Gilberto helped bring the Bossa Nova to America (and then the world).

Thanks for posting this, by the way. I'd not heard Sinatra & Jobim before. And from the related youtube suggestions, I listened to Getz/Gilberto (also featuring Jobim) and Getz/Byrd - Jazz Samba, both of which I have listened to a few times before, but today both were purchased for a mere £1.99 each (digital)!

Speaking of amazing singers and Brazil, this incredible tune by Gal Costa cropped up on Brazilian near future SF flick Bacarau recently. It’s mind blowingly good and ultra futuristic, a real curio from 1969:

wow, so many people! i can't believe that!

i'm very happy, thank all.

recently i've been listening to a lot of old american songs. like grandaddy, mogwai, radiohead, tom waits and The Flamings Lips, I admit that my musical taste is very varied. I am delighted with so many people answering my post, really. As I said earlier, I'm from Brazil, and our schedules don't match much and I forget to check here, but after so many answers, I will appear a lot more! oh, and i'm about to get a guitar, what do you think about me posting my covers just for you? I have some scribbles of lyrics, but all without an arranged rhythm, I am open to constructive opinions. You hear very good music, congratulations !!! and until another day again.:bye:

On 13/08/2020 at 15:14, David Kenny said:

to be honest, I never heard, or I don't remember hearing. but it's a great song, any frank sinatra songs are good, plus one for my playlist!;)

On 13/08/2020 at 17:21, acidbearboy said:

I mostly listen to dance music, so most of my favourite voices are powerful disco and house diva's! Jocelyn Brown was the first name that popped in my head. Amazing and powerful voice!

about the two songs; wow, they're very good! it makes me feel alive, it makes me want to go dancing until dawn lmao.

8 hours ago, luckyyu said:

hi,  i have new news!

i just got a guitar from my dad, but i feel like i won't be able to play, i don't know what to do.:(

We have a very long running guitar thread in Off Topic, might be worth posting in there? People here are very helpful.  :)

EDIT: This is also posted recently in Ask the Forum, looks like it could be useful too:

On 22/08/2020 at 08:50, ZOK said:

We have a very long running guitar thread in Off Topic, might be worth posting in there? People here are very helpful.  :)

EDIT: This is also posted recently in Ask the Forum, looks like it could be useful too:

oh thanks for the recommendation, i will take a look, i think you can help me. my fingers are not used to it, but I am training every day.

On 22/08/2020 at 10:55, Thor said:

And in the learning thread justinguitar.com is recommended, and he is indeed really good. Lessons are almost all free too (some of the more in depth stuff, like music theory, is paid for). 

thank you for the recommendation! a friend of mine decided to help me on this short walk, he has been playing the guitar for five years, I think it will be useful.

On 22/08/2020 at 11:46, englishbob said:

I'll listen to anything she sings in Greek (not that much of fan of the English stuff)...

don't worry about it, i liked russian music, i think the duo is called '' IC3PEAK '', it's cool.

I've been listening to a really good song by yoñlu, it's called '' Estrela, estrela ''. I will leave the link and the translation below.

star, star
how to be like this
so lonely, so lonely
and never suffer

shine, shine
almost unintentionally
leave, leave
be what you are

on the naked body
constellation
you are in one hand
and you come and go, like a lamp
in the cold wind
from somewhere

good to know
that you are part of me
just like you are part of the mornings
better, better
is to be able to enjoy peace, the peace you bring here

I sing, I sing because I can see you in the sky, in the sky like a balloon
I sing and I know that you also see me here, with this song.

beautiful, right? i know.