Football Thread 2020/2021

Or maybe even a win! New year, new Sheffield U.

But what’s this? A lumbering giant with a magnificent mane emerges from fog surrounding the Newcastle bench... tonight Matthew, I’m going to be a Premier League striker. Allegedly. It remains 1-0. Whole nations have been born and lost since kick-off centuries ago.

2 minutes ago, Adrock said:

That was never a penalty. Fernandes was getting pulled by the striker and that influenced his arm position and movement more than anything, it wasn't deliberate in my view.

Oi, Man Utd match is later.

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

United are going to win the league aren't they in the manner they paid Mourinho to do, grinding out wins and keeping just ahead of the pack. 

We're not even half way through the season!

I think with the increases in positive Covid tests, the postponed matches with no room to reschedule, and the general lack of safety for players, managers, officials and media people, the sensible thing to do at this point would be to cancel the rest of the season and just take the table as it is now as the final result.

9 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Anfield isn’t the same when it’s empty and United seem to have found some solidity. 

You've not lost at home in the league since April 2017. Steady on.

1 hour ago, spork said:

You could end up out of the top 4 by the end of Sunday :eyebrows:

Yep, I predict 3-1 to Manchester United. 

2 penalties for Bruno Fernades and a late goal from Rashford. We'll get one through Fabinho but have Henderson sent off. I foretold it. 

9 hours ago, bradigor said:

6 points clear by Sunday night. Impressive turn-around. 

7 hours ago, bradigor said:

2 penalties for Bruno Fernades and a late goal from Rashford. We'll get one through Fabinho but have Henderson sent off. I foretold it. 

Nice jinx attempt, but you got it all wrong. Liverpool is going to win 8-0. When Salah scores in the final seconds of the game a shooting star will appear signalling that god himself is pleased with the well deserved victory. Yes, Liverpool is going to win the game 100%. 

9 hours ago, bradigor said:

Will you give in. Every week with this. Come on man.

in main football thread

'I predict we'll lose, we're so bad, woe is us'

'phew, narrow win by only 3 goals but we were still lousy, well played to your lot though they were better than us'

goes to team thread

'wow Bobby is on fire, just so good, we're the bestest ever, it matters more'

1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

Will you give in. Every week with this. Come on man.

Fuck sake... you do know I do the predecting a loss for funsies* I thought we covered this before :lol: 

*Only fun for me, I apologise. 

3 hours ago, Stevie said:

Nice jinx attempt, but you got it all wrong. Liverpool is going to win 8-0. When Salah scores in the final seconds of the game a shooting star will appear signalling that god himself is pleased with the well deserved victory. Yes, Liverpool is going to win the game 100%. 

Even the United fans get it

14 minutes ago, Gotters said:

in main football thread

'I predict we'll lose, we're so bad, woe is us'

'phew, narrow win by only 3 goals but we were still lousy, well played to your lot though they were better than us'

goes to team thread

Not quite chap. 

13 minutes ago, Gotters said:

but you still knew it was you !

Who else has been acting like a knob about Liverpool over the last 24 hours? Plus I know you have a soft spot for me.

Edit: Sorry I am being pathetic. I'm gone.

1 hour ago, Gotters said:

goes to team thread

Roberto Firmino Barbosa de Oliveira usually is magnificent against Arsenal to be fair.

14 minutes ago, glb said:

Roberto Firmino Barbosa de Oliveira usually is magnificent against Arsenal to be fair.

that aint the badge of honour it used to be in the Adams/Bould/Keown/Dixon/Winterburn era.

1 minute ago, Gotters said:

that aint the badge of honour it used to be in the Adams/Bould/Keown/Dixon/Winterburn era.

I still have mental scars from 1989, it counts!

Screenshot_20210113-180538.thumb.png.e0178f9b9e6efcd7a6d4c02fba7dc48d.png

Just saw this earlier and was reminiscing about that season, imagine having someone score 10 out of 13 free kicks for you!? Craziest thing is that he didn't win player of the season because of the equally ridiculous Suarez.