Jump to content

Football Thread 2020/2021


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, spork said:

 

If I was @Chewylegs I would get unnecessarily rude right about now and question whether you can read as this basically agrees with what I'm saying ;)

 

It's just the weird Liverpool fans who seem to be in denial about this and are for some reason under the impression that Salah would never dive and that it's just dirty Man United players who dive. Just wanted to clarify whether Chewy was one of these or if he was a bit more reasonable!

Oh my days:lol::lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spork said:

 

@gospvg see!

 

:sherlock:

 

You do enjoy the banter and baiting @spork especially more so now that Man United are playing well at the moment & we have been on a bad run lately. We will come good again but this season is all but over no-one is catching City.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spork said:

 

@gospvg see!

 

:sherlock:

Spork, you seem to have a captive audience here that has given you some sort of air of superiority but I'm sorry to say, just because you ask me a question (which was irrelevant) it doesn't mean I have to answer it like you are my mum asking me where I've been all night.

 

So get down of that high horse of yours.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, footle said:

What the fuck is going on in the world?

West Ham fourth.

bale suddenly not a has been.

 

The second coming of Moyes!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

Spork, you seem to have a captive audience here that has given you some sort of air of superiority but I'm sorry to say, just because you ask me a question (which was irrelevant) it doesn't mean I have to answer it like you are my mum asking me where I've been all night.

 

So get down of that high horse of yours.

 

 

 

giphy.gif

 

Looked like a dive to me?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gospvg said:

 

We will come good again but this season is all but over no-one is catching City.

 

Aye, no doubt about that, there's also a good chance Man United will probably lose to Newcastle later today too. 

 

Doesn't change the fact that there are some pretty strange Liverpool fans on here who for some reason like to push the narrative that Salah doesn't dive. Just makes you wonder doesn't it :sherlock:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spork said:

 

Doesn't change the fact that there are some pretty strange Liverpool fans on here who for some reason like to push the narrative that Salah doesn't dive. Just makes you wonder doesn't it :sherlock:

 

I think your record is stuck on that same loop, time to play the next track.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, footle said:

What the fuck is going on in the world?

West Ham fourth.

bale suddenly not a has been.

 

Always thought that Moyes made the wrong move in joining Man Utd when he did, even though you could completely understand it.  It derailed his career massively.

 

I'm glad that he appears to have recovered his mojo.  I think that he has been greatly helped by the pandemic and subsequent lack of fucking around from the idiots on the West Ham board.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

@spork :rolleyes:

What? Did I imagine the rest of the goals?

 

Edit. We also predicted a defensive error leading to a goal against us. Should I be quoting that or something?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, spork said:

What? Did I imagine the rest of the goals?

 

Edit. We also predicted a defensive error leading to a goal against us. Should I be quoting that or something?

You beat them, with a penalty you scored.  What's so difficult?!

 

As for the penalty, I thought it was Salah for a second the way he went down after 'feeling contact'. ;)

 

In all seriousness though, it's time football looked at what does constitute and doesn't constitute a penalty otherwise in a couple of years it will be a penalty in every game or just no tackling taking place.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do love that Dean Smith is pissy about Grealish's injury getting out, but just seen how the news leaked. Multiple Villa first teamers, their physio and several coaches at the club all transferred him out of their fantasy football teams.

 

Apparently clubs are taking steps in asking their players and staff to not pick their own players for fear of leaking this, Leeds club cpt was also spotted taking Alioski out of his team after he'd started in 17 consecutive games. 

 

Games gone #342

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

That shot by Bale was so fucking amazing, i wish it went in. He looked so urgent. He's class and it's a taste of what we've missed. 

 

Mouras header for the goal isn't getting the love it deserved.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

You beat them, with a penalty you scored.  What's so difficult?!

 

As for the penalty, I thought it was Salah for a second the way he went down after 'feeling contact'. ;)

 

In all seriousness though, it's time football looked at what does constitute and doesn't constitute a penalty otherwise in a couple of years it will be a penalty in every game or just no tackling taking place.

 

What tedious trolling, and from someone who was getting upset that people were replying to me before! Does this mean you've finally acknowledged that Salah does indeed dive quite a lot? Or are you still blind to all of that? 

 

Maybe take @gospvg advice as I think your record is stuck on that same loop, time to play the next track!

 

:sherlock:

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, spork said:

 

What tedious trolling, and from someone who was getting upset that people were replying to me before! Does this mean you've finally acknowledged that Salah does indeed dive quite a lot? Or are you still blind to all of that? 

 

Maybe take @gospvg advice as I think your record is stuck on that same loop, time to play the next track!

 

:sherlock:

I'm answering your question about the goals:wacko:.

 

You are one of the biggest manipulative trolls on here and :sherlock: doesn't exempt you. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

I'm answering your question about the goals:wacko:.

 

You are one of the biggest manipulative trolls on here and :sherlock: doesn't exempt you. 

 

 

:rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this thread really needs to stop all the petty inter club bickering once and for all, to that end an independent arbiter is needed to opine and make a definitive judgement on whether Salah is indeed a horrendous cheating diver or not.

 

 I graciously appoint myself and having consider all the facts at great length I rule in favour of @spork.

 

Consider this ruling final and not appealable. 

 

I've also considered the cases of Kane, Son & Zaha and also find them guilty as charged.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gotters said:

I do love that Dean Smith is pissy about Grealish's injury getting out, but just seen how the news leaked. Multiple Villa first teamers, their physio and several coaches at the club all transferred him out of their fantasy football teams.

 

Apparently clubs are taking steps in asking their players and staff to not pick their own players for fear of leaking this, Leeds club cpt was also spotted taking Alioski out of his team after he'd started in 17 consecutive games. 

 

Games gone #342


I’d heard that story a few weeks ago after the COVID breakout at Villa, it was about Grealish then too.  Thing is with this fantasy league stuff is that so many people who play it are so tuned into internet culture and social media that every little thing gets noticed. There seem to be more false positives than moments like this but I suspect it’s a story that will happen again to other clubs and other players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chewylegs said:

 

In all seriousness though, it's time football looked at what does constitute and doesn't constitute a penalty otherwise in a couple of years it will be a penalty in every game or just no tackling taking place.

 

I'm not getting sucked into this petty argument but this is absolutely true.

 

Yesterday, Maguire looked at Lacselles and elbowed him to stop him coming through on a cross and it was just waved away. It's as blatant as a foul and penalty as you'll see. 

 

Theres so many other examples this season too where VAR particularly has just not even bothered with. The whole "foul on the keeper" thing needs addressing too. Keepers running out and clattering into players, but because they dropped the ball its deemed a foul on them when quite clearly it's the other way around. 

 

Oh and for what it's worth, Salah does dive and he's so bad at it too that's why it's so easy to spot and get picked up on. He really is just bad at it :lol:.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How does Martin Tyler still have the commentators job with Sky?!  I'm used to watching Sky football down the pub so not sure if he has always been like this but having watched multiple games of Football over the course of lockdown, it's quite apparent he is utterly bored with his job.  He rarely sounds like he is at all interested in what he is watching, even when a goal goes in it's usually met with a very muted response.  Have Sky gone a bit soft and kept him because he's part of the furniture?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a lot of people critisising Martin Tyler and it's always odd to me.  Maybe I have a blind spot but he's one of only a handful of commentators / summerisers / experts I can actually stomach.

 

Sky Sports has been so dumbed down most of it's football coverage is just about filling time between matches.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.