Football Thread 2020/2021

6 hours ago, Stigweard said:

Yesterday, Maguire looked at Lacselles and elbowed him to stop him coming through on a cross and it was just waved away. It's as blatant as a foul and penalty as you'll see. 

Ive seen the footage on this and it really doesnt make any sense it wasn't reviewed. 

VAR just needs to go down as a good idea badly implemented and either reviewed how it's used or left to gather dust in the corner.

I don't want to buy a pass for the Palace v Brighton game, I don't, I don't, I don't (I will though for some fucking reason)

We are definitely losing this one and I'm not trying to reverse jinx it, we already had our lucky result against them with a draw when they completely domiated the game. 

I'm not sure Hodgson goes if we lose, but if we see a captulation/lack of effort like the last couple of games it would be very hard to see what the point of him staying is, we are probably safe but there is a small Fulham shaped cloud that just appeared off in the horizon.

1 hour ago, Chewylegs said:

Ive seen the footage on this and it really doesnt make any sense it wasn't reviewed. 

VAR just needs to go down as a good idea badly implemented and either reviewed how it's used or left to gather dust in the corner.

Talking about this? He didn't even touch him.

Normal service resumes, Palace spend the first 10minutes continuing to do fuck all and Brighton equalise, was comnig a mile off and Brighton should feel agrieved to only be drawing.

Why Roy continues to want to play such negative game when our defence isn't as strong as it was, inviting teams to score (when we aren't scoring many,if any ourselves)

This game is only heading on way as Brighton continue press and ask serious questions. 

4 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Brighton have been all over Palace.

Are Palace usually this defensive focussed? 

Hodgson has historically used a pretty effective tactic of absorbing pressure and counter attacking.

It doesn't work any more and he has no plan B, make note of the fact that he has made no changes at all, he thinks this is going ok...

2 minutes ago, skadupuk said:

Hodgson has historically played a pretty decent tactic of absorbing pressure and counter attacking.

It doesn't work any more and he has no plan B, make note of the fact that hee has made no changes at all, he thinkds this is going ok...

Makes sense, you can see with how this game is panning out.

My girlfriend is going mad here, she's from Brighton so it's almost my second team.

They look really good, just can't score.  Impressed with Potter.

Brighton are the team in the league who would most be helped by having a decent striker. Their play is great and with an Ings or Watkins would be Top 10 rather than languishing in the bottom half. 

This half has been like watching a Premier league team against a League 1 team in the cup. 

They're fucked now, we've brought Benteke on (when what we needed was the hard bastard McCarthy on in the midfield)

I hope Roy fucks off after this, watching this boring shite week after week really is making me (more) miserable. 

2 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

Brighton are the team in the league who would most be helped by having a decent striker. Their play is great and with an Ings or Watkins would be Top 10 rather than languishing in the bottom half. 

This half has been like watching a Premier league team against a League 1 team in the cup. 

Spot on.

I really want Brighton to stay up because I like how they're developing and would like to see it continue.

Just now, dr_manhattan^ said:

Spot on.

I really want Brighton to stay up because I like how they're developing and would like to see it continue.

I really want them to stay up as I'm down for 2 season tickets next year (despite being a Leicester fan)!

Just now, Stopharage said:

I really want them to stay up as I'm down for 2 season tickets next year (despite being a Leicester fan)!

Bit of a bogey side for us, but I've been a couple of times.  Nice stadium, but a nightmare to get away from.

We're actually considering moving to Brighton too.

1 minute ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Spot on.

Just now, Stopharage said:

image.png.7970789deadfe6b726af66f2326f5c2a.png

10 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Bit of a bogey side for us, but I've been a couple of times.  Nice stadium, but a nightmare to get away from.

We're actually considering moving to Brighton too.

My mum has a holiday place on the sea front so we're down there as much as we can. 

15 minutes ago, skadupuk said:

They're fucked now, we've brought Benteke on (when what we needed was the hard bastard McCarthy on in the midfield)

I hope Roy fucks off after this, watching this boring shite week after week really is making me (more) miserable. 

Hahaha! Whodda think it?

I honestly can't believe this has happened again. Well actually I can as I bear witness to it every week. 

I don't even think we lack a striker, I just think we need better offensive coaches.

I swear if we signed Kylian MBappe he'd be on one goal a season for us.

19 minutes ago, skadupuk said:

Across 2 games

Brighton - 44 shots on target 

Palace - 4 shots on target 

1-1 Draw

2-1 Win

Daylight robbery!

If it was a Football Manager game I’d have rage quit when Benteke scored.