Football Thread 2020/2021

Gotters

Was it ever clear how the values went up or down? Were there stats that you could actually see?

With regards to betting, the recent Trippier thing must go on unnoticed quite a lot, players telling their mates when they're being transferred. Just delete your texts ffs!

2 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

As a wider point, I remember a video that did the rounds of John Harton clumping the ball out for a throw from the kick-off. Turned out he had a bet on the time of the first throw. It can't have been that long ago, but he was sat on the sofa of Soccer AM I think chuckling away at it. Mad looking back now.

That was Le Tissier wasn't it? 

On 16/03/2021 at 22:47, bear said:

Way of the future for smaller leagues? 

Looking forward to welcoming Celtic to Eamonn Deacy Park in 2029. 

Oh really?  What do UEFA think?  I thought that years ago they told teams to stay within their borders, to the point that every so often Welsh clubs playing in the Premier League or Football League have to be reassured that they still have their places and aren't going to be forced to go play in the Welsh League.

EDIT: Ah.

UEFA hate it because say this happens.

It won't magically make them the Premier League.

So then they start considering another merge.

And another.

And suddenly you've got that cross European league but without UEFA dipping their dicks in the trough.

None of the spurs players can control the ball, it's England Algeria/Iceland bad. They all look like they've been playing football for 9 hours straight and can't feel their legs. It's only 9 minutes into extra time. 

I'm not even exaggerating. Just as i write that another player tries to receive the ball, it bounces high, then another touch, then they fall over the ball. By this point they're dispossessed. 

Man United's match has just started... but i can't look away. It's going to penalties or Zagreb are scoring. 

1 minute ago, dizogg said:

They beat you at the weekend and they’re in the draw for the next round tomorrow. I’d just keep quiet tonight mate.

We beat them earlier this season and we are above them in the league (despite being shit). 

3 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

We beat them earlier this season and we are above them in the league (despite being shit). 

Thanks statto. You just got beat 3-0 by Dinamo Zagreb :lol: