Football Thread 2020/2021

Looks like Dortmund aren't in the champions league next season (unless they win it obviously). Losing 2-1 to fourth placed Eintracht, 7 points behind them. You look at the top 4 teams, all lost 3 times. Get to Dortmund...10. 

2 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

Looks like Dortmund aren't in the champions league next season (unless they win it obviously). Losing 2-1 to fourth placed Eintracht, 7 points behind them. You look at the top 4 teams, all lost 3 times. Get to Dortmund...10. 

Something I've noticed this season is that in quite a lot of leagues the teams that in normal times have the biggest stadium/attendance are doing much worse than they should be. It's as if the empty stadium is a bigger miss for teams like that if they're already doing poorly. I mean what the hell has happened to Juventus? 

Makes for interesting leagues anyway

1 hour ago, ryodi said:

Juventus did a Chelsea and hired a club legend with minimal managerial experience and got a completely predictable outcome.

Its good to see someone else at the top in Italy though, likewise in France(for now)

42 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Grealish missing again due to drinking, despite what the official Villa statements say. 

Drinking what, the tears of Birmingham City fans whos head he lives in rent free?

Brighton don’t deserve this result. Officials got the big call wrong. 

Penalties given in the for slight clips in the corner of the box, but not when a striker is three yards out and about to score. 

Just now, dr_manhattan^ said:

Penalties given in the for slight clips in the corner of the box, but not when a striker is three yards out and about to score. 

Anything to say about the nasty tackle on Bruno? Penalty and red card? Or red card and just outside the box?

2 minutes ago, spork said:

Anything to say about the nasty tackle on Bruno? Penalty and red card? Or red card and just outside the box?

Legit didn’t see that. Playing breath of the wild as well as cooking Was that first half?

Was that when bassoma hurt himself? I saw him holding his arm. 

Do you not think that was a penalty to Brighton?

Just now, dr_manhattan^ said:

Legit didn’t see that. Playing breath of the wild as well as cooking Was that first half?

Was that when bassoma hurt himself? I saw him holding his arm. 

Do you not think that was a penalty to Brighton?

Second half, just before we scored (which to be fair is why the penalty wasn't given :lol:, but they should be down to 10 men).

Was the Maguire one a penalty? Did he tug him down or did Welbeck feel a bit of contact and go down very very easily? Seen them given so couldn't complain too much if they did decide it was a penalty. The bigger question is how up in arms would you be if it was Rashford who went down and got a penalty? You'd be claiming it was a conspiracy or something :sherlock:

1 minute ago, spork said:

Second half, just before we scored (which to be fair is why the penalty wasn't given :lol:, but they should be down to 10 men).

Was the Maguire one a penalty? Did he tug him down or did Welbeck feel a bit of contact and go down very very easily? Seen them given so couldn't complain too much if they did decide it was a penalty. The bigger question is how up in arms would you be if it was Rashford who went down and got a penalty? You'd be claiming it was a conspiracy or something :sherlock:

Well it looked clear to me he was impeded by Maguire and if he was then it should be a penalty. 

Based on the penalty Wolves got against Arsenal at Molineux this season, don’t know if you remember, where Luiz accidentally tripped our striker this one should have been too. 

Even if it wasn’t, Brighton were unlucky to not score from that chance. 

Good game to watch tonight though. Really hope Brighton stay up, such a good team

3 hours ago, dizogg said:

Drinking what, the tears of Birmingham City fans whos head he lives in rent free?

I think Birmingham are more concerned they might not be the best team playing in their own stadium.

12 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I think Birmingham are more concerned they might not be the best team playing in their own stadium.

Tbf they’ve had that feeling most weeks since 1875. 

37 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

If it had happened in the other box I would have wanted a penalty. BT Sport seem to believe that they have conclusively proved that it was no penalty as Welbeck kicked the ground. I do think Maguire leaned into his back, though. All in all, it's a miracle Welbeck didn't injure himself.

I don't know if it defined the whole match though. Brighton were certainly unlucky, but that challenge on Bruno after the ball had gone was an absolute shocker. If Brighton had been down to ten men, perhaps they wouldn't have even been in a position to launch that attack.

I think United have been lucky twice this season against Brighton, and I hope they stay up. I think they're a mid-table team that haven't had the results they've deserved.

10 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

If it had happened in the other box I would have wanted a penalty. BT Sport seem to believe that they have conclusively proved that it was no penalty as Welbeck kicked the ground. I do think Maguire leaned into his back, though. All in all, it's a miracle Welbeck didn't injure himself.

I don't know if it defined the whole match though. Brighton were certainly unlucky, but that challenge on Bruno after the ball had gone was an absolute shocker. If Brighton had been down to ten men, perhaps they wouldn't have even been in a position to launch that attack.

I think United have been lucky twice this season against Brighton, and I hope they stay up. I think they're a mid-table team that haven't had the results they've deserved.

Fair enough I missed that if kicked the ground. Bad miss if so!

Lovely finish from Rashford for 1-1 though.