Football Thread 2020/2021

14 hours ago, Marlowe said:

I'm not saying this ref in the City Dortmund game is bought but he's so far doing a pretty good impression of one that is. 

I’ve just watched the highlights and you are not wrong. I’d be severely annoyed as a Dortmund fan right now. Bellingham getting booked for being kicked by Ederson was a joke. 

8 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

He’s asking if Roy Keane still lives nearby.  

Pretty sure Roy Keane still has his house in Woodbridge, just down the road from me. Which he got when he was ( badly ) managing Ipswich Town FC.

But I'm sure you were asking for general knowledge, rather than the joke about him smashing up Erling's old man :P

Whats really infuraiting about that Bellingham decision is that they have VAR, the ref can clearly see his infront of an open goal. Give it 3 seconds more and they can review it. Then they'd have seen that Ederson cheated.

They wait a fucking age for offisdie cause of VAR but not in that sitation. It's so annoying.

6 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Whats really infuraiting about that Bellingham decision is that they have VAR, the ref can clearly see his infront of an open goal. Give it 3 seconds more and they can review it. Then they'd have seen that Ederson cheated.

They wait a fucking age for offisdie cause of VAR but not in that sitation. It's so annoying.

Yeah, but then his bank ballance wouldn't have gone up in  a few months... gotta get that oil money ;)

Mount is incredible, looks better every time I watch him.

Bayern PSG has been so entertaining so far.  As much as I do think Lewa is the best striker in the world, it'd be fascinating to see how many Kane or Haaland would get for them, they're just a chance creating machine. 

I'm fascinated by the career trajectory of Choupo-Moting, and what it says about Director of Football roles.

Bayern were relentless last night, and hopefully they'll turn it around in the second leg. Reminded me of turn of the millennium United in the way they made chance after chance.

1 hour ago, GamesGamesGames said:

I'm fascinated by the career trajectory of Choupo-Moting, and what it says about Director of Football roles.

it must have been the schooling he got as part of that powerful and attractive to watch Stoke squad

They had a guy called Sanusi as well. He was an absolute machine.

It sounded like they were saying Zanussi.

machine.

Zanussi washing machine?

Sorry.

17 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

They had a guy called Sanusi as well. He was an absolute machine.

It sounded like they were saying Zanussi.

machine.

Zanussi washing machine?

Sorry.

05a166cc4c516b386f10ad11ec3120f150-15-joker.rhorizontal_w700.jpg.948b5b8a7cdac4ef028feabf382c6b6b.jpg

Antoine Griezmann's three children were all born on the 8th April, in 2016, 2019, and 2021 respectively. 

I wonder what it is about the 8th July that's so special in the Griezmann household...

James McCkean posted an Instagram picture of himself smiling in an Ireland top, after Michael O'Neil criticised him getting injured on Ireland duty. 

A significant section of twitter going mental for it being some slight to Prince Philip. He lives completely rent free in some people's heads. 

90+4 mins: Leeds United have had two shots. Manchester City have had 29.

The thing that most delights me is I'd absolutely hate to be on the other end of that and would be raging for a day.