Football Thread 2020/2021

@spork, you really are a horrible little troll.  You spend all your time in here talking about Liverpool, bating everyone ALL the time and then you turn it around and make yourself the victim.  You've even managed to get another dig about Liverpool in within your last post regarding smashing windows.  Absolutely vile piece of work you are.  

Just now, Chewylegs said:

@spork, you really are a horrible little troll.  You spend all your time in here talking about Liverpool, bating everyone ALL the time and then you turn it around and make yourself the victim.  You've even managed to get another dig about Liverpool in within your last post regarding smashing windows.  Absolutely vile piece of work you are.  

You’re basically describing yourself there :rolleyes:

You spend all your time posting the toppest of top banter about Ole and United but then get upset when someone posts about Liverpool or points out how stupid you are. 

I’m sure everyone else is enjoying this exciting back and forth so I’ll leave it there rather than arguing further with the tedious troll. 

:bye:

1 minute ago, BitterToad said:

The pair of you are arguing over red banners. Grow the fuck up. 

yeah, everyone knows Liverpool and Manchester are blue...

4 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Can we just moan about City instead please? WTF was that penalty all about ?!?

I’m watching the Liverpool game but I assume it was uefa mandated. Too much money at City to not have them at least in the final. 

The Liverpool game’s just waiting for the inevitable Madrid goal to put it out of its misery now. 

Nice coffee? 

I feel sorry for the kids who came of football team choosing age last year. Looks like they’ll be waiting until their thirties for the next win. 

My son is of that age, his mates at school (in the English West Midlands) all support Liverpool, Man City and Barcelona.  He gets to be a Villa fan because I said so. He’s 9 now so if we win anything before his 40th birthday then I’ll consider it a bonus. 

Just now, Naysonymous said:

My son is of that age, his mates at school (in the English West Midlands) all support Liverpool, Man City and Barcelona.  He gets to be a Villa fan because I said so. He’s 9 now so if we win anything before his 40th birthday then I’ll consider it a bonus. 

I chose Liverpool, not because they won a lot back then (I didn’t follow closely enough to know at 6), but because they were on TV the most (because they won a lot). They were the team I saw the most. I wasn’t taken to a game for years later and my shitty 4th division local side weren’t likely to tear me away from John Barnes. 

1 minute ago, Timmo said:

Fuck me you're a misery. Imagine thinking Liverpool finishing 5th is a bad time. Try following a team that have scored 30 goals in 41 games this season.

It’s all relative isn’t it. I’m not miserable about it, football doesn’t bother me that much. I get excited about the wins but can take the losses - but I do like moaning about it. 

1 minute ago, Timmo said:

Fuck me you're a misery. Imagine thinking Liverpool finishing 5th is a bad time. Try following a team that have scored 30 goals in 41 games this season.

Yep. After the last three years we could finish 17th this time and if still be happy 

54 minutes ago, Timmo said:

I guess it's all reletive isn't it. 5th is just poor by the standards the team have set the last few years is all. There was such high hopes we'd go into the season and put up a good fight for a back to back title, but it's gone to shit. We didn't even have that bad of a season before Xmas tbh (we were bloody top then too :facepalm:), it's the Jan-Apr capiluation where form has been relegation levels thats been such a huge shock.

I do get annoyed with the self flagellation though from some fans. No need to go into every game acting like the team are going to get dicked on. Gotta try think positive for instance, I went into tonight thinking all we needed was a 2-0 and we have the players that can do it and felt quite positive about it. In the end we were the better team tonight but just fucked it in the first leg and decided to play rugby and try score conversions instead of goals. Is what it is.

I understand the being grateful for success and all that but accepting less because you had some success is not the attitude Liverpool, or their fans should have. Have some fucking pride, don’t feel ashamed to ask ‘please sir’ for more. 

The biggest teams don’t stop, they have a constant desire for more success. Fail maybe, but don’t start accepting failure, that’s loser talk. And I’m meant to be the downer!

3 hours ago, Pockets said:

I understand the being grateful for success and all that but accepting less because you had some success is not the attitude Liverpool, or their fans should have. Have some fucking pride, don’t feel ashamed to ask ‘please sir’ for more. 

The biggest teams don’t stop, they have a constant desire for more success. Fail maybe, but don’t start accepting failure, that’s loser talk. And I’m meant to be the downer!

I think with the insane injuries this season 4th would be a relative success. I’d agree with you if we didn’t have a biblical run of injuries, and credit due, the team did excellent until the new year when it all caught up and they burned out. 

8 hours ago, Pockets said:

It's not about accepting less. It is about understanding this is a unique year and whatever comes of it isn't just about on the pitch success