Football Thread 2020/2021

Kinda funny that throughout all these cloak and dagger meetings from these fucking suits nocunt thought for a second that the fans would react this way. Everyone shiting out of it 2 days later. 

Apart from showing their disregard for their fans and all the other clubs, these owners have shown complete disdain for their players by not running anything by them. There would be no way the players would have ok’d this when they were told “One last thing, you won’t be able to play at the Euros or the World

Cup. ‘K, bye !”

14 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Really wish I hadn't got that "Premier League Champions 18/19" tattoo this afternoon now.

You think that's bad, spare a thought for the real Madrid fans who got '13 Time Super League Champions' tattoos. 

Punish them and they can’t then push through plans to reduce the power they had.

I don’t know if we’ll get it, but the inside story on this will be fascinating.

Did all these clubs not anticipate this kicking off or did they think they could ride it out?

I just don’t get why they thought everyone from their own fans to the media and all the other clubs wouldn’t go mental straight away.

1 minute ago, deerokus said:

At least the Americans got a lesson in the power of united football fans. 

Now punish all these clubs, it can't ever come back. 

It seems like barely anyone at the clubs knew anything about it, so I wouldn’t deduct points - hit them where they wanted it most and withhold their final league position payments.

2 hours ago, McCoy said:

Not in the sense of the Super League. 

Whilst F1 doesn't have relegation, new teams can join. There is nothing in the rules preventing a new team from joining if they wish to. 

Weeeellllll not technically.

But in practice there is, you have to apply, pay an absurd amount and accept worse terms than the incumbents.

--

In reality pulling out makes no difference, we now know (if we didn't before) that this is 100% their goal, they will simply look for a better way to get there. They've already persuaded UEFA to take some of the worst of it and put it in the CL and UEFA will come out of it looking like the good guys.

It's like Sony, suddenly the gamers champion for closing the store of the most popular non-Nintendo handheld of all time because they briefly pretended to be doing something worse.

1 minute ago, PyramidFace said:

Spurs are still standing strong. There's that famous resolve.

My Spurs fan cousin wants them to be last to pull out so he can claim they won the competition.

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

Really hope Liverpool pull out sooner rather than later

Sadly, they are tarnished.

None of these clubs can get away with pretending they didn’t know what they were doing and Liverpool appear to be a ring leader on the face of it.

Just now, dino_jr said:

The Sky, PL and CL cartel gravy train continues then. The "Honest" way to take your money <_<

Yeah, Gary Lineker, presenter on 2 subscription football channels can fuck right off with his indignation.

7 minutes ago, Dudley said:

My Spurs fan cousin wants them to be last to pull out so he can claim they won the competition.

Listen, we only need a handful more to quit before we become the inaugural champs :eyebrows:

What? It's been a long time alright!

2 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

Sadly, they are tarnished.

None of these clubs can get away with pretending they didn’t know what they were doing and Liverpool appear to be a ring leader on the face of it.

Oh I agree. I don't want us out to say they "do care really"

I want us out so we can get the owners out and get our club back