Football Thread 2020/2021

1 minute ago, Stoppy2000 said:

How is anyone getting 'their' club back? Those days are long gone. Barring some sort of super fan billionaire buying it of course.

They want competent owners and Glazers are just leeches who got lucky Fergie did all the good work. All they done in the last 8 years is destroy the work that he has done. Glazers pushed for the super league just like Kronke because champions league wasn’t guaranteed like it was under Fergie and Wenger. That was hurting sponsorship deals. 

Just now, Stopharage said:

You know who I feel most sympathy for at the moment? 
The official tractor partners. They never signed up for this shit.

Dulux sure as shit didn't know what they were signing up for as Spurs official paint sponsor!

Just now, ox1973 said:

I would love it (love it) if we could hold on to some of this (deserved) outrage and direct it towards Qatar 2022.

I know it won't happen but wouldn't it be glorious if we held UEFA and FIFA to account for their bullshit too?

Won’t happen and same with how UEFA deal with racism, which they should have been taken to task for. 

Found it funny when Linekar said he won’t cover any super league games, but will be there in Qatar for BBC. Qatar is much worse than this situation as people died. 

3 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Can I just say now that there is a zero percent chance of fan ownership for 50+ coming in. It’s just way too late for it now. Should have been a prerequisite for the start of the Premier League.

Arsenal value £712m

Arsenal Facebook followers 38m

£10 each to get a 50% stake. Easy mate.

Will UEFA now curb the spending of these big clubs? 

Oh wait, it doesn't matter. Its all about money anyway and the big clubs are the ones that make them money. 

It's all a shit show. The top leagues are a bunch of hypocritical bastards. 

Racism in football all the time - Fine. Let's make a slogan. We won't do fuck all else. 

A future world Cup that is frankly a human rights violation - that's fine. Who cares? Geez that money. 

The possibility of losing money - Let's do something. *2 days later* Sorted. 

The hypocrisy of teams and fans holds no bounds. They only give a shit when they are the ones under threat. Fucking ridiculous. 

It's no wonder I fell out of love with football a long time ago. 

Yay.......but

UEFA, Chelsea and Boris are going to be lauded as our saviours.....

And nothings changed, apart from a shit new champions league next season and fucking VAR will still be around.

We have jumped back into the frying pan. Close shave.

1 hour ago, jonamok said:

As the first to see sense, Chelsea should only be docked 3 PL points. Next one out is only docked 6, then 9 etc. Last one to leave gets docked the full 18 points. That’ll get it done by breakfast.

Don’t you need 75% of the votes in the Premier League to do anything like this? It’s literally just occurred to me that the reason the group of cunts is 6 clubs strong might be all about making  it much more difficult to be sanctioned against by the rest of the league.  

3 minutes ago, paulie12 said:

Yay.......but

UEFA, Chelsea and Boris are going to be lauded as our saviours.....

And nothings changed, apart from a shit new champions league next season and fucking VAR will still be around.

We have jumped back into the frying pan. Close shave.

New CL doesn't come into effect till 2023. I'm hoping it might get changed for the better before that.

1 minute ago, Stigweard said:

New CL doesn't come into effect till 2023. I'm hoping it might get changed for the better before that.

Yeah, they might add in that none of the Super 12 can be removed from the competition!

4 minutes ago, Waggo said:

Should have said it 24 hours ago.  Waiting until the whole thing is collapsing around them does not take too much courage.

Tbf, everyone was blindsided by this and the Liverpool lads had a match to prepare for. I imagine a lot of the players were also seeking advice before saying anything.

Anyway, all of our players are posting the same post, but this made me laugh

7 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Tbf, everyone was blindsided by this and the Liverpool lads had a match to prepare for. I imagine a lot of the players were also seeking advice before saying anything.

Anyway, all of our players are posting the same post, but this made me laugh

Yeah I think Klopp was not happy with the timing, coming so close to the Leeds game, which they thought they had to win to get back in the top 4, so I can sympathise with them. They should have just worn the shirts though :P

It'd be amazing if all this fan power kept rolling. All these hated execs resigning, clubs trying to weasel out of being enthusiastic members of the breakaway. What else can we get?