Football Thread 2020/2021

45 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Which will of course be 0-0.

Are all Leeds' games going to finish 4-3?  How did any of the three promoted clubs come up without having any idea how to defend between them?  We're two games into the season, and the three of them have conceded a total of 22 goals.

The defense was always a bit brittle but Cooper and White were a good pairing last season. Cooper is just back from injury today, and obviously we couldn't land White on a permanent transfer. 

Struijk who played last week is only 21 (though did well), and Koch is settling in to the system. At least I hope so. Two weeks two penalties :unsure:

Rumours we've not competed all our business either yet, though. 

4 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

That looks like being quite a bad move for everyone, doesn't it? Wolves lose one of their best players, Jota relegates himself from a star player to backup behind Salah and Mane. I suppose Liverpool get a capable backup, someone to play in the cup games with the Under 12 team they field. 

Jota is 23 and has signed a 5 year deal, all of the front three are hitting 30 fairly soon. They won't be around forever.

The club need to look toward new options and Jota, going by what the Wolves fans are saying, can definitely replace one of them.

And back from the game. FcSchaffhausen won 5-2 (a penalty in the 94th minute for the opponent flattered the score...) 

But what a game! I haven't seen them play like this for the last 2 years or so. It felt deserved. They could have scored more! I walked home with a spring in my step, not in my usual semi-drunken slouch. 

I don't think I'll go and watch another match this season. Things can only get worse. 

On 18/09/2020 at 16:21, Rsdio said:

Andy Morrison never seemed like the sharpest tool in the shed but fucking hell.

Like, even if you were dumb/irresponsible enough to make that happen imagine going and talking to the media about it afterwards. Incredible.

He's an interesting chap. I know someone who was there when about twenty bouncers kicked the shit out of him and he survived. He had a terrifying reputation in Plymouth hence twenty bouncers.

He used to fight bare knuckle boxing matches when he was 13 against men.

1 minute ago, neoELITE said:

He's an interesting chap. I know someone who was there when about twenty bouncers kicked the shit out of him and he survived. He had a terrifying reputation in Plymouth hence twenty bouncers.

He used to fight bare knuckle boxing matches when he was 13 against men.

He probably survived because they weren’t trying to murder him tbh mate.

13 minutes ago, bradigor said:

So.

Not as pen

Retake correct as he did come off line and that is the rule now.

Should be the original taker, not a new one.

United robbed there 

and a legitimate goal makes it 3.

into fergie time...

Well played, Palace. They definitely deserved to win, and in a way I'm sort of glad the third went in as it means the penalty shambles wasn't decisive. 3-1 is more of a true reflection of the gap between the teams on the day. I was pleased for Zaha, as well. 

It shouldn't be.

A penalty is an advantage to the attacking team. Forcing them to use a player who just missed the penalty punishes them for the defending team's infringement.

If the penalty was scored and is now retaken because of an encroachment from the attacking team, you could make some case for fixing the taker, but the defending team are already benefiting from the retake's existence. 

31 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

It shouldn't be.

A penalty is an advantage to the attacking team. Forcing them to use a player who just missed the penalty punishes them for the defending team's infringement.

If the penalty was scored and is now retaken because of an encroachment from the attacking team, you could make some case for fixing the taker, but the defending team are already benefiting from the retake's existence. 

Yeah fair point. I stand corrected.