Football Thread 2020/2021

Wolves are facing the Alan Curbishley & Charlton conundrum with Nuno aren't they - he's done well but isn't good enough or with a smart enough team around him to get them any higher in the league than the occasional europa league spot if others under perform, but the owners will be eyeing up those few spaces above them. Wrongly nobody there will fear relegation any more so will be looking upwards.

Stick or twist time ?

It is a slippery slope and you only have to remember Stoke being an established premier league side, but it is a perfect storm this season that’s made it tough. 

We need to invest in the spine a little. A quality central defender and midfielder and we’ll be fine. If that doesn’t happen, this defence could take us down. 

36 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

It is a slippery slope and you only have to remember Stoke being an established premier league side, but it is a perfect storm this season that’s made it tough. 

We need to invest in the spine a little. A quality central defender and midfielder and we’ll be fine. If that doesn’t happen, this defence could take us down. 

I think that's correct, sadly Coady for me has been found wanting this season. They need to replace him if he can't perform at the required level.

With Nevez in the team they need someone who will break the game down and give it to him. Could Coady push further up and do the destructive role, reprise his old position.

2 minutes ago, Adrock said:

I think that's correct, sadly Coady for me has been found wanting this season. They need to replace him if he can't perform at the required level.

With Nevez in the team they need someone who will break the game down and give it to him. Could Coady push further up and do the destructive role, reprise his old position.

I don’t think Coady could play premier league midfield. 

Hes not the worst centre back, but he needs quality around him. 

His leadership and organisation is very hard to replace and that, on top of his distribution keeps him in the side. 

so far the elite 6 have failed to beat Newcastle & Everton at home this weekend, scraped a draw with a promoted team managed by a bloke who sits on a bucket and eeked their way past one of the leagues most unreliable outfits playing in an athletics track.

one of them will lose a final too

8 minutes ago, Smoothy said:

At least the crowd sounds a bit more natural... apart from the Spurs fans cheering a corner for some reason.

I think it was the first time we’d been in their half !

12 minutes ago, Smoothy said:

At least the crowd sounds a bit more natural... apart from the Spurs fans cheering a corner for some reason.

Sarcasm for getting something from the ref?

14 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Anyone else get a bit of childish amusement from the commentator mentioning that yesterday someone got sent off for "following through?"

Tumbleweed.gif

21 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Anyone else get a bit of childish amusement from the commentator mentioning that yesterday someone got sent off for "following through?"

My girlfriend had a giggle at that.