Psychonauts 2 - which is awesome!

Keyboard Koala

22 hours ago, b00dles said:

I think it might even be where the letter flies off from? Or next to the typewriter? It should be relatively obvious. 

Well, when sober maybe :P

Well I got past the level, I went into the wrong sorting slot again and when I was back by the typewriter I noticed a panel had opened in the giant head right next to me which I'm sure wasn't there before. I wouldn't have missed something that obvious, however in my defence it was a really nice bottle of red. 

3 hours ago, footle said:

I know it is, and mostly blame Nintendo, but do you have any more theoretical background as to why three is the magic design number?

There are proper write ups and research these days I’m sure but basically it was found to be the minimal number of repetition prove the player really knew how to do something.  Once you might do it accidentally, twice good but what I’d that first one was accidental, three times good you’ve probably got it.  More than three and it’s going to get pretty annoying.

I find it annoying after the first or second. Literally deep eye roll at the "do this again" (sometimes with minor additions/tweaks like in Psychonauts). With the vast majority of boss fights being a chore in the first place I simply want them to end. To be able to get that first hit and have to think, thank god one third down is so fucking predictable and dull at this point.

I am genuinely surprised at the number of negative posts in here recently - each to their own and all that but I had an absolute blast playing this.

I can understand the frustrations with some of the bosses, but they pale into comparison with some boss levels that had me shouting at the TV - that bastard sewer boss in Luigi's Mansion 3 being the worst culprit!! 

I think this is one of the best platformers in recent years, and I'd have finished this even if it wasn't on Game Pass. 

8 hours ago, Len said:

I got up to the boss fight at  the end of the food cooking bit and after a few attempts where I kept getting done at the last part I just switched it off again, tedious is not the word. So disappointing as I really want to love it but aaarrrggghhhh. Psi is next isn't it then I'm done, if I can bothered to do the boss...again.

That's the one time i nearly quit.  Then i realized that i wasn't using the psi pops of the other one that gives you full energy.  id been ignoring them the hole game.  I beat the boss on my 2nd attempt but after that always kept those topped up. 

8 hours ago, fattakin said:

That's the one time i nearly quit.  Then i realized that i wasn't using the psi pops of the other one that gives you full energy.  id been ignoring them the hole game.  I beat the boss on my 2nd attempt but after that always kept those topped up. 

I did actually think I should get some but couldn't be bothered so my fault I suppose. Still not that enamoured on returning.