Psychonauts 2 - which is awesome!

Keyboard Koala

Yeah it's just the PS4 version running in backwards compatibility mode on PS5; they are fulfilling their promise to the backers and delivering the game on PS4, I mean  they are now a Microsoft studio, it was gonna be this way the day they were bought by MS; it's gotta look best on their platform of course. 

3 hours ago, Rayn said:

I haven’t read any reviews yet, but a friend of mine is furious that the PS5 version is allegedly vastly inferior to even the Series S version with lack of HDR and questionable performance issues.

Did you tell him there's no PS5 version or are you just making fun behind his back now? Of course the PS4 version is going to look inferior to the XSS version! The S so much more capable, it's a whole generational difference.

Edit: whoops, already answered on the next page

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

What did the first get from edge?

Eight.

"It isn't any kind of reinvention, but a revitalisation, with a style so rich that it becomes an integral part of the game's substance; Psychonauts breathes imagination and individuality as effortlessly as most games steal from one another."

3 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Apparently this runs at 1620p 60fps on Series S, with an option for 120fps. 

Set Xbox Phasers to New Zealand. 

Briefly read that as 1620 fps and was deeply confused.

3 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Of course the PS4 version is going to look inferior to the PS4 version!

Inception.gif

3 hours ago, Rayn said:

I haven’t read any reviews yet, but a friend of mine is furious that the PS5 version is allegedly vastly inferior to even the Series S version with lack of HDR and questionable performance issues.

'Vastly inferior' is overstating things slightly.. They still get the PS4 Pro version (1440p) at 60fps.. 

Does anything on the PS5 use VRR yet? 

4 minutes ago, Moz said:

Can't remember if I finished the first one, but another decent game for gamepass so that's nice. Good work Doublefine!

Spoiler

Rating it higher than Breath of the Wild is quite ballsy.

I backed this on Fig years ago but unfortunately the PC version I went for won’t run on my very outdated machine now I fear. 
 Thank goodness for gamepass :) might have a PC version code for cheap later today if anyone is interested. 

Yes I believe they have changed it as you say. I 'think' they changed it around the time of the Flight Sim release as there was a lot of talk in that thread as it didn't go live in the UK until 6pm.

According to what I have just read out there on the wild west that is the Internet it's unlocking on the 25th at 1am BST (which actually means that it will be released in the US on the 24th their time)

• Keyboard Koala changed the title to Psychonauts 2 - which is awesome!