Coincidentally, I found a step down labelled "PS2 / GC" amongst my shit. @gospvg you want it? I have no idea if it works, or any way to test it, so you can have it for the cost of postage.

Unless someone tells me they're really expensive, in which case, it'll cost you about as much as one of those games you linked to.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

Coincidentally, I found a step down labelled "PS2 / GC" amongst my shit. @gospvg you want it? I have no idea if it works, or any way to test it, so you can have it for the cost of postage.

Unless someone tells me they're really expensive, in which case, it'll cost you about as much as one of those games you linked to.

That would be great thanks, I will go to the bank to day and just get a loan. Those game prices were stupid I was posting on my whatsapp group to friends to have a laugh.

14 hours ago, Colonel Panic said:

Check the wattage on the PSU, buy a more powerful one.

I hate two, a 500VAC beast for an arcade cabinet and a 100W Maplin cheap-o unit for consoles.

Also, the PSU on PS2 slims are multi voltage. 

100W

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STEP-DOWN-VOLTAGE-CONVERTER-Transformer-230V-TO-110V-100W-USA-TO-UK-Adapter/233477636312?hash=item365c5a00d8:g:RngAAOSwQYZWxgAv

@ScouserInExile do you know the Wattage on your step down?

14 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

Coincidentally, I found a step down labelled "PS2 / GC" amongst my shit.

You need to sort your diet out.

I'd echo what Colonel Panic said - get one that outstrips your PSU. Remember blowing one on a US 360 and regretting it.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, gospvg said:

@Colonel Panic would a 110v 65W be ok do you think?

Probably, but really it’s worth checking the label on the device if you have it or finding out online 

Also, if it’s Japanese, you should really use a 100V stepdown. That said, my smaller stepdown is 110V and I’ve been using it with JPN consoles just fine, there is a bit of tolerance there. 

• Upvote 1

I use this Tacima one for my Japanese Saturn and it works beautifully. Doesn't do anything worrying like hum loudly, get really hot or send pulses through your body when you try to change the fuse, like the bulky Bronson deathtrap I recently chucked out. :p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tacima-SC5474W-Voltage-Convertor-Volts/dp/B0009K6M44/ref=sr_1_4?adgrpid=52156633614&dchild=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw4MP5BRBtEiwASfwAL49p_ITMEsdop0CtDRiEtcGlupWwzRV78mDcxh3KAtV-g5ZmkoUpVRoCr8EQAvD_BwE&hvadid=259064799779&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1006978&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=11663738606602681804&hvtargid=kwd-316149091389&hydadcr=5090_1827860&keywords=tacima+step+down+transformer&qid=1597069780&sr=8-4&tag=googhydr-21

(I got it on eBay for about £15.)

@Klatrymadon that has a 50 watt supply, I read a couple of articles yesterday suggestin 100 watt for PS2.

I'm actually thinking of buying this now instead

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bronson-Transformers-Toroidal-Converter-Transformator/dp/B07BG98F4K/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=step%2Bdown%2Btransformer%2B100w&qid=1597131216&sr=8-6&th=1

Has anyone got a Bronson Step Down?

That looks similar to the one I had, which stopped powering the Saturn at all after a few goes (I've no idea how long the previous owner had had it, though). As mentioned, it was also pretty risky to change the fuse! It's possible I just had a duff one, though, and yours definitely looks safer to handle:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bronson-VT-100-Transformer-Converter/dp/B00OP8G3B8

Decisions, decisions all this just to play one game I can't find. I'll wait for now until I can find my copy of Front Mission 4.

Personally I’d just grab a cheap nasty broken pal PS2 and transplant the psu into the import machine.

Ensuring you have the right ones of course

8 minutes ago, Jei said:

Personally I’d just grab a cheap nasty broken pal PS2 and transplant the psu into the import machine.

Ensuring you have the right ones of course

I would not even know where to begin with that!

21 minutes ago, Jei said:

Have a look at the back of your US PS2, it will have the model number scph-?????

SCPH-30001

Scph-30003 would be the UK equivalent so it’s a simple case of transferring it over.

If you’re not confident in doing so I’ll do it for free if you pay postage.

• Upvote 1