Jump to content
IGNORED

DC Megathread


Stigweard
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thought it was worth while setting up a DC megathread like the Marvel one so we can post news on DC films/projects , especially with DCFanDome coming up on August 22nd. There might be some news that doesn't warrant new threads but people may want to discuss.

 

Anyway, so The Rock just posted this teaser for Black Adam. Looks like we'll finally get our first glimpse of him as the character after he signed on to do it several years ago.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s been layoffs, but nothings been shut. I’m not really sure why DC Universe continues to exist as a streaming service though. It’s only got one exclusive show left. They may as well roll it into HBO Max. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Harsin said:

I’ll never get all the drive for a Black Adam film of all things. Does anyone give a fuck about sodding Black Adam?

 

I think the original idea might have been for him to be a Shazam bad guy but then The Rock got huge. I still think it'll lead to a Shazam/Black Adam film.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes he's a proper cackling supervillian and other times he's more like a Magneto style guy with a legitimate beef using questionable means. I don't believe he's ever had a good comic*

 

I wonder if he'll still be from Egypt or DC's fictional NOT-PALESTINE country who's name escapes me.  Or they could make him a Polynesian god, like a baddie version of the Rock's character from Moana

 

*although

Spoiler

he had a good storyline in (I think) Fifty Two where he started his own Marvel Family and the younger boy in it got eaten by a crocodile-man who he'd befriended in a shocking twist. I laughed and I laughed and I laughed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can’t believe they haven’t tried to create a clean break to get the stench of Snyder’s monumental failure off the whole thing. They gambled on his vision being able to carry a cinematic universe, and saw steadily diminishing returns as the audience noticed that his movies are flashy, meaningless shit written by idiots. I get that the rock is quite popular but it really seems like rebooting the entire thing with the new Batman and Suicide Squad and specifically saying “these things are not related to the recent dross with the same names” would be a much better move than carry on having things tied to one of the most embarrassing cinematic failures of all time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Broker said:

I can’t believe they haven’t tried to create a clean break to get the stench of Snyder’s monumental failure off the whole thing. They gambled on his vision being able to carry a cinematic universe, and saw steadily diminishing returns as the audience noticed that his movies are flashy, meaningless shit written by idiots. I get that the rock is quite popular but it really seems like rebooting the entire thing with the new Batman and Suicide Squad and specifically saying “these things are not related to the recent dross with the same names” would be a much better move than carry on having things tied to one of the most embarrassing cinematic failures of all time. 

 

They kinda were going that direction but then this whole Snyder cut thing happened so I think they're gonna see where that goes. I'm interested in seeing that but based on MOS and BvSM, I dont have high hopes.

 

Wonder Woman and Shazam did well though so I totally see why they did a WW sequel (plus that takes place in the 80s). I also think Black Adam might be more linked with Shazam than with the rest of the DCEU. The Rock is a big enough star for it to make money too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wonder Woman was ok I guess? The end was stupid and the villain was boring but it was at least an average quality movie.

 

Im a hundred percent in for the Snyder cut, but mainly because I want to see just how bad cinema can get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, JohnC said:

There’s been layoffs, but nothings been shut. I’m not really sure why DC Universe continues to exist as a streaming service though. It’s only got one exclusive show left. They may as well roll it into HBO Max. 


They’ve laid off a third of staff overall, and DC Universe is awaiting the last rites.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Broker said:

I can’t believe they haven’t tried to create a clean break to get the stench of Snyder’s monumental failure off the whole thing.

 

Unfortunately there's a cult like movement around Snyder which I think will affect all the DC movies going forward (sadly).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It baffles me that they consistently make such a mess of their movies. You would think some of the same people responsible for the likes of the Doom Patrol, Watchmen & Harley Quinn tv series, which accounts for some of the best shows from the past year, would also be working alongside their movie department. 
 

In classic DC style these are probably all the ones who have just been made redundant instead. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

The DC Fandome event is tonight from 6pm UK time:

 

https://www.dcfandome.com/

 

Anyone should be able to watch it without registering, but registering lets you view the schedule in advance.

 

Or you can just look at the copy I've pasted below - the main film/TV/game/mystery panels in bold.

 

Times in BST:

 

Wonder Woman 1984 - Panel Saturday, Aug 22 - 6:00 PM

Warner Bros. Games Montreal Announcement Saturday, Aug 22 - 6:25 PM

The Sandman Universe: Enter the Dreaming - Panel Saturday, Aug 22 - 6:45 PM <--(Dirk Maggs and Michael Sheen are on this, so I think this is going to be about the Audible series rather than the Netflix one.)

Multiverse 101 - Panel Saturday, Aug 22 - 7:15 PM

Introducing Flash - Panel Saturday, Aug 22 - 7:40 PM

Beyond Batman Saturday, Aug 22 - 7:50 PM

The Suicide Squad - Panel Saturday, Aug 22 - 7:55 PM

BAWSE Females of Color Within the DC Universe - Panel Saturday, Aug 22 - 8:40 PM

Legacy of the Bat - Panel Saturday, Aug 22 - 9:00 PM

Chris Daughtry: Performance Saturday, Aug 22 - 9:20 PM

The Joker: Put on a Happy Face Saturday, Aug 22 - 9:30 PM

Jim Lee Portfolio Review - DC Super-Villain Fan Art Saturday, Aug 22 - 9:35 PM

Surprise DC Comics Panel Saturday, Aug 22 - 9:45 PM

I’m Batman: The Voices Behind the Cowl – Panel Saturday, Aug 22 - 10:10 PM

The Snyder Cut of Justice League - Panel Saturday, Aug 22 - 10:30 PM

The Flash TV Panel Saturday, Aug 22 - 10:54 PM

Black Adam - Panel Saturday, Aug 22 - 11:10 PM

CNN Heroes: Real-Life Heroes in the Age of Coronavirus Saturday, Aug 22 - 11:30 PM

Titans TV Panel Saturday, Aug 22 - 11:50 PM

Aquaman - Panel Sunday, Aug 23 - 12:05 AM

"Ask Harley Quinn" Sunday, Aug 23 - 12:15 AM

Wonder Woman 80th Celebration - Panel Sunday, Aug 23 - 12:20 AM

Tomorrow's Super Heroes with Jim Lee brought to you by Gold House Sunday, Aug 23 - 12:25 AM

SHAZAM! - Panel Sunday, Aug 23 - 12:40 AM

Wonder Woman 1984 – The WW84 Cast Play 'Werewolf 1984' Sunday, Aug 23 - 12:50 AM

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Sunday, Aug 23 - 1:10 AM

The Batman - Panel Sunday, Aug 23 - 1:30 AM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/08/2020 at 15:15, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Sometimes he's a proper cackling supervillian and other times he's more like a Magneto style guy with a legitimate beef using questionable means. I don't believe he's ever had a good comic*

 

I wonder if he'll still be from Egypt or DC's fictional NOT-PALESTINE country who's name escapes me.  Or they could make him a Polynesian god, like a baddie version of the Rock's character from Moana

 

*although

  Hide contents

he had a good storyline in (I think) Fifty Two where he started his own Marvel Family and the younger boy in it got eaten by a crocodile-man who he'd befriended in a shocking twist. I laughed and I laughed and I laughed.

 

 

Bialy? Kahndaq? Rhapastan?

 

Not Qurac...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.