IGNORED

FOOTBALL - 2020/21 EFL League 1 & 2, National Leagues and Regional Leagues

neoELITE

My Team will end up  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Haha we had a lot of fun making the “owner messages”, I think the TRIVIA TIME: ROB IS ALLERGIC TO SHELLFISH, RYAN IS ALLERGIC TO CRITICISM” was my favourite. The wording came from Humphrey, credit where due. 

55 minutes ago, milko said:

Haha we had a lot of fun making the “owner messages”, I think the TRIVIA TIME: ROB IS ALLERGIC TO SHELLFISH, RYAN IS ALLERGIC TO CRITICISM” was my favourite. The wording came from Humphrey, credit where due. 

Probably my favourite too.  We deliberately timed our first goal so that viewers of the National league highlights would get to see that one scrolling in front of the Kop end. I do wonder if we'll see opposition players doing the shhh goal celebration at their faces as they pop up. I'd be disappointed if that doesn't happen to be honest.

Yeah The National League have really surpassed themselves. In an ordinary season they'd be just getting stick for being stupid enough to put Macclesfield in a league they had zero chance of finishing. The fining of a club for stopping playing because they can't afford to carry on playing is so unbelievably fucked up. 

Wrexham on BT Sport in a short while. I'm watching for the advertising hoardings. Come on you Red Dragons!

AFC Wimbledon at home today. A win and we're very safe. We struggle against teams at the bottom so I'm not that hopeful and Piggot caused us so many problems in the reverse fixture in a 4-4 draw. Our defence didn't know what to do about him. 

Friday/Monday fixtures this weekend. Good luck to all of you :hat:

EDIT Wrexham are away. No hoardings to LOL at

Sad news. 32 is a ridiculous age.

The Yeovil Town captain, Lee Collins, has died at the age of 32, the Vanarama National League club have announced.

Collins began his career at Wolves and the defender also had spells with Hereford, Port Vale, Barnsley, Shrewsbury, Northampton, Mansfield and Forest Green. Yeovil’s game at Altrincham on Friday has been postponed.

“All at Yeovil Town Football Club are mourning the loss of club captain Lee Collins,” read a statement on the club website. “Lee sadly passed away yesterday and our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Truly awful. You don't expect fit young men to die. It might have been suicide given no details have been announced. There will probably be an inquest. Really sad.

I hope Yeovil recover from this. Our goalkeeper died when I played under 15s. We didn't win another game that season as we just didn't want to play and we were a top side. He was about to sign YTS for West Brom. I still think about Dean a lot, 30 years on. It took a long time for the team to recover. 

This Notts County v Wrexham game is bit agricultural.

It was a bit yeah. I thought we at least started the game very well and Notts County were as dreadful as I've seen this season, but after Ponticelli went off injured after 25 minutes we were pretty clueless in attack. They did improve slightly, battled a bit, and ultimately got the winner, but the injuries are the bigger blow from yesterday. That's Ponticelli and Kwame Thomas both out for the season,  two of our three strikers. And, unlike every other National League club, we are bound by the transfer window rules so will have to scrape around for one or two out of contract players to bring in and hope they get match fit dead quick. It's a huge blow to any promotion hopes we had. Thomas was a big focal point up front and had been great since January. 

After getting no points over the Bank Holiday, I did not see a victory today at Accrington, especially not such an emphatic one. Moved us out of the relegation zone and did wonders for our goal difference.

We've got Ipswich twice in the next few weeks and I'd settle for 0-0 draws each time.

30 minutes ago, artz said:

After getting no points over the Bank Holiday, I did not see a victory today at Accrington, especially not such an emphatic one. Moved us out of the relegation zone and did wonders for our goal difference.

We've got Ipswich twice in the next few weeks and I'd settle for 0-0 draws each time.

Ipswich will probably let you have them as well, although they really need the points from those, sorry :(

Welcome to the 4-0 away win club Cosmic Guru. That's two in a row for us. A nice turnaround following 3 losses including a 3-0 against an excellent Stockport. The key has been a new big fella called Gold Omotayo we've got up front now that brings back the balance in our side we had before Kwame Thomas got injured. Plus local lad with shit loads of potential Jordan Davies has been ludicrously good in midfield, scoring a hat trick and then another one today. We're all obviously quite excited by that.

3 points separate the 6 teams realistically going for the last 3 playoff places. We've got as good a chance as any to finish in there I reckon, but have a big game against Chesterfield next.

Good to see Wrexham bouncing back.  Chesterfield are the awkward squad at times, particularly for teams which like to get the ball down and play, so good luck with that one.   Looks like 1 from 3 to go up now and we really have to take advantage of our games in hand before we meet Hartlepool on 23 May.  Eastleigh are next and they are still interested in the playoffs, after that though we should be by far the more motivated side, so fingers crossed for form and fitness.

Looking at the remaining fixtures  Torquay are in a very similar position to us with lots of winnable games ahead starting with Woking midweek  and, with the same number if games played, represent the bigger threat.  So, all going to get pretty tense.

We just lost 0-6 at home to Charlton. As you can imagine, we were dreadful. Everyone else near the bottom is winning apart from Bristol Rovers. We had a +10 goal difference with Northampton that is, after this evening, +1. :unsure:

It looks mathematically likely we'll stay up but we need a point and we have Oxford, Sunderland and Gillingham left. I think we'll be relying on someone not winning at this rate. 

I can't remember ever watching us lose 6-0.

1 minute ago, artz said:

No sympathy tears so just read it as one. Pretty sure you don't need to be worried about relegation though.

We were in this situation last time in League 1 and went down on goal difference. Mathematically, it looks very unlikely but our whole squad looks finished. I can't see us getting another point and having to rely upon other results is always risky. 

Our form over the last ten games us atrocious.

On 20/04/2021 at 22:18, neoELITE said:

We were in this situation last time in League 1 and went down on goal difference. Mathematically, it looks very unlikely but our whole squad looks finished. I can't see us getting another point and having to rely upon other results is always risky. 

Our form over the last ten games us atrocious.

Put a tenner on it if you're convinced! https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/relegation

image.png.f22b87b6c8a9d09b91e61a6dfc56c4a3.png

In other news, this is pretty cool