On 03/09/2020 at 12:05, klargon said:

I've got to a point where I don't seem to have access to any of the required materials to upgrade the ship and complete quests.  I'm pretty fed up with the monotony of the maintenance and the travelling reminds me of Wind Waker, which definitely isn't a good thing!   Willing to give it one more chance, but I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do to progress things.  Should I just be exploring the uncovered areas beyond the ice wall thingy?  To give an indication of progress, I have the glide ability, the ship is one away from the largest size, and I've offloaded one of my guests so far.

Let me guess: bottled ectoplasm?

Actually it was just Nebula Thread.  There wasn't really any guidance that the new minigame was now available as a result of my new guest.  I managed to make a bit more progress, but I suspect I may have hit another wall now.  Will see how I get on.

I’m enjoying this a lot but is anyone else finding that the Xbox version (One X here) has constant low-level screen tearing? The whole thing is juddering in a really unpleasant way pretty much all of the time. It actually makes me a bit queasy. 

On PC it’s buttery smooth. I’d prefer to play on Xbox but I’m not sure I can handle this. It’s a weird technical thing that I’ve not seen mentioned anywhere.

I’ve just transferred it from my external to my internal HDD and sadly it’s exactly the same. 

This is very odd indeed. I can’t find anyone mentioning this anywhere else at all. I guess for now I’ll wait and see if they patch it - and play it on PC instead. 

On 10/09/2020 at 09:17, Garwoofoo said:

I’m enjoying this a lot but is anyone else finding that the Xbox version (One X here) has constant low-level screen tearing? The whole thing is juddering in a really unpleasant way pretty much all of the time. It actually makes me a bit queasy. 

On PC it’s buttery smooth. I’d prefer to play on Xbox but I’m not sure I can handle this. It’s a weird technical thing that I’ve not seen mentioned anywhere.

Aaah I worked it out!

I’ve been switching between PC and Xbox versions. Seems the options are synced between the two, which means if you disable vsync on the PC version it disables it on Xbox too and causes loads of screen tearing... but there’s no way to switch it back on console. 

I loaded up the PC version, set vsync on and now my Xbox game is nice and smooth. Clearly a bug but I’m glad I finally worked it out.

Thought I was smashing through this quite nicely, but just realised I've only uncovered about half the map! Must admit I'm starting to enjoy it less as I proceed - trying to kick on quickly through the story now, but every so often it's "great, time to farm for resources AGAIN" time. It's a great little game, but thinking the 15 hours or so I've put in would have been a better length