Gotham Knights - Oct 2022, Warner Bros. Games Montreal

Nick R

57 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Weren't WB Games thinking about selling up and exiting the industry a few years ago? I think it was basically because they were making money, but not doing gangbusters. They feel like a company with unreasonable expectations for their games and this feels like jumping on a bandwagon that they don't really understand - and which hasn't been all that successful outside of a few key titles.

There is talk of them selling up all the time. Perhaps WB eventually do a Disney, close down/sell off their gaming studios and publishing arm and license IP like Batman/DC or MK to whichever third party wants to make a game on it.

16 minutes ago, Harsin said:

This is what they're hoping will get people to pay even more money.

spacer.png

Like, every single design decision in this game seems like the most wrong one they could think of.

I had to wait for like 10 minutes behind some dude pre-ordering this in Game. If I'd known I'd have given him a slap.

The Batman Beyond Batman Of The Future :quote: costume is a DCAU style classic. These look like something Marcus Fenix would use to protect his penis.

What edition to you need to buy to actually play as Batman?

10 hours ago, Jg15 said:

There is talk of them selling up all the time. Perhaps WB eventually do a Disney, close down/sell off their gaming studios and publishing arm and license IP like Batman/DC or MK to whichever third party wants to make a game on it.

IIRC there was pretty solid talk about them looking for buyers but no one was interested.  The whole thing is very similar to the situation SE found themselves in where they had some talanted studios and popular games but couldn't get out of their own way and kept fucking up.

Difference is that a lot of the value with WB is in the properties they own that presumably wouldn't come as part of a sale.  For stuff that isn't based on another part of the WB/Discovery empire there's, what, MK, Lego games, whatever they own from the shattered husk of Midway. Scribblenauts? It's probably not all that attractive as a whole except to someone who wants to quickly pick up 4 or 5 quality dev studios as a job lot).

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think that looks great. Origins always felt like something just wasn’t quite right but was still a great game so I will be all over this day one.

Not overly fussed about the multiplayer side of things so my only worry is that it’s too focussed on that at the expense of a solid single player experience.

Plus, the Court of Owls is / are a brilliant big bad to centre things on. 

56 minutes ago, tejinashi said:

This has 'bomb' written all over it. Wonder how big the first price drop will be.

Despite everything, I'm still kinda interested in it though.

F2P :coffee:

On 12/10/2022 at 20:40, Ninja Doctor said:

Is it a direct sequel to the Arkham games or unrelated?

Suicide Squad is the Arkham series game. This isn't.

They fucked up the marketing of these games big time.

Well they were hardly going to be all like 'remember Anthem? remember that dull as fuck avengers game well here's a DC one with Batman's sidekicks. Who are you to resist?'.

I'd absolutely want people to think it was the next instalment of the wildly profitable arkham series instead.