NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

Looking forward to AMD showing off some cards that are better value pound for pound and actually available to make all the wailing and gnashing of teeth in here even sadder tbh.

Well one prediction has sort of come true... Nvidia maybe have just looked under a sofa somewhere and gone "oh look here are some cards" ten minutes before the Radeon unveil.

Just now, layten said:

AMD presentation soon. We get to do this all over again but with CPUs. :lol: 

At this point, I'm honestly good with my 3700X - It does the business of emulating PS3 stuff pretty well, and that's very much the extent of the grunt I'll ever require out of the processor in its entirety now that all the consoles are X86. I'll pick up the 5950X from some ebay bin as it'll likely be the last big boy CPU that will emerge for AM4.

Oh man. I'm not even excited about Big Navi or vaguely disappointed about not even noticing that Scan had 3080 FEs. I think the magic might be gone for me - so tapping out of the thread for a bit. If somebody else could periodically snipe at @Isaac, that would be ace.

2 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

Oh man. I'm not even excited about Big Navi or vaguely disappointed about not even noticing that Scan had 3080 FEs. I think the magic might be gone for me - so tapping out of the thread for a bit. If somebody else could periodically snipe at @Isaac, that would be ace.

Don’t do it! Buy a new cpu, rx6800 and a new monitor!

6 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

:(

I know you want 180fps in Valorant.

1 minute ago, spanx said:

Ooh, caught the end. The 6900 XT is bloody expensive.,

That 6800 XT for $650 (£599 here?) feels like the one. Better warm that little F5 finger up

That's the best price to performance for sure

4 minutes ago, spanx said:

Ooh, caught the end. The 6900 XT is bloody expensive.,

That 6800 XT for $650 (£599 here?) feels like the one. Better warm that little F5 finger up

If the 3080 was consistently in stock I'd argue that the extra £50 for a 3080 is well worth it, chances are it'll perform better, and has DLSS and better RTX support.

However that's a big if, given the current supply issues of the 3080.

If AMD (I'm getting ready for a social distanced b'day meal so not watching the live stream) can beat Nvidia at raster performance and compete at Ray Tracing, and of course doing so with some form of DLSS or whatever, then the 6900XT may be the card to replace my 2080ti in the new year.

Unless the 3080ti can do some tricks that is.

4 minutes ago, Uzi said:

@pledge @milko @footle

Guessing no one had their order picked yet? My delivery estimate is Friday so will probably happen tomorrow

Not yet but I think I saw something suggesting they take the orders today, pick and despatch tomorrow and deliver Friday. This was me reading into how they responded on Twitter to someone asking if their order was actually happening tho

@Uzi

ESTIMATED DESPATCH DATE

Wednesday, 28th October 2020

ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE

Thursday, 29th October 2020

Mine is still showing as despatch today, but it is showing as awaiting picking. Wonder why yours is showing a later date.

7 minutes ago, pledge said:

@Uzi

ESTIMATED DESPATCH DATE

Wednesday, 28th October 2020

ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE

Thursday, 29th October 2020

Mine is still showing as despatch today, but it is showing as awaiting picking. Wonder why yours is showing a later date.

My order time shows 14:45 and payment authorised at 14:53 via amazon payments so maybe that has something to do with it