NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

I was checking the site but the emails pinged in shortly afterwards. Got my codes as well, should probably find out what this geforce now thing is about I suppose. 

@milko@pledge

Great work guys! Unfortunately because I used amazon payments it is using my old amazon email which I don't have access too anymore on gmail and calling Scan earlier they told me they can't change the email until after it dispatches (to get the watchdogs code) so I'm relying on just the tracking page

9 minutes ago, pledge said:

Going to send the guy running PartAlert something on buymeacoffee. Seems only fair and doesn't seem like he's had enough people do it.

For sure. Although I feel like to have to wait til it's working in my computer so as not to jinx it!

I'm found an inner peach with all this now. If one appears it may well be the case I'll buy, but on the flip-side the new AMD cards look much more promising than I thought. Despite the lack of anything concrete about ray tracing features, everything else on those puppies looks tremendous. If one of those appears before a 3080, then I may well give it a whirl for fun and await whatever nVidia do to up their game a little!

I can make enough money selling my body to barely even notice the funds leaving my account.

3 minutes ago, pledge said:

Even though I have the DPD tracking number I'm still nervous about cancelling my Amazon order

Mate it literally could be defective yet, I'd hang on to Amazon and resell it if it comes to that. 

Is there any specific recommendation for the 3070 variants for tomorrow? Or just 'try and buy them all to see what you actually get'? 

If I don't get one tomorrow I'll wait and see what 6800 availability is like I think. 

4 minutes ago, iwan_canobi said:

Is there any specific recommendation for the 3070 variants for tomorrow? Or just 'try and buy them all to see what you actually get'? 

If I don't get one tomorrow I'll wait and see what 6800 availability is like I think. 

Yeah, I'm wondering which site I need to stake out for a FE; either Scan or Nvidia themselves?

1 minute ago, Lazlow said:

Yeah, I'm wondering which site I need to stake out for a FE; either Scan or Nvidia themselves?

you might be best with PartAlert on telegram and hanging out in their chat. If they use Scan in the way they did with the 3080 the page is only active while they have stock so you can’t stake it out in advance. The nvidia site will link through to it I think so also have a tab open on that. Make sure you’re signed in to all the relevant sites with addresses set up, payment details in browser or whatever. It’s still pot luck though, that you see the alert straight away and click fast and that you’re one of the fortunate ones that gets through in time. 

22 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Nice work guys! Still at Payment Authorised here - just want to be put out of my misery

It’ll come: they all triggered one after another. Didn’t understand why your times were all an hour before ours though.

4 minutes ago, milko said:

you might be best with PartAlert on telegram and hanging out in their chat. If they use Scan in the way they did with the 3080 the page is only active while they have stock so you can’t stake it out in advance. The nvidia site will link through to it I think so also have a tab open on that. Make sure you’re signed in to all the relevant sites with addresses set up, payment details in browser or whatever. It’s still pot luck though, that you see the alert straight away and click fast and that you’re one of the fortunate ones that gets through in time. 

I'm kidding myself by thinking the availability is going to be measured in minutes rather than seconds aren't I?