NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

2 minutes ago, pledge said:

What a bargain

Reveal hidden contents

£2500 :lol:

yeah, they had 10 in stock and I bought 9 of them so I’d thought I’d leave one for you guys :quote:;)

43 minutes ago, milko said:

Well, maybe the 3080 rarity was because the factory has been madly firing out the 3070 all this time...

And all those 3070s have been shipped to Europe.

@simms @Lazlow my recommendation is not Overclockers.

Scan appear to have got their systems in order sufficiently to block scalping bots. so maybe them, though how it’ll work for a wider range of cards remains to be seen.

CCL took preorders, but then didn’t leave them open and then started letting people move across to other cards as the stock level changed  - rather than just continuing to sell imaginary cards - so that was good.

it might be ok - at least the AMD cards have been announced now, with prices, and don’t appear shit. That might help temper demand.

1 minute ago, Kingpin said:

Any idea what time the 3070 fun will kick off at? I can't justify the outlay but if I had one in my cart, then maybe...

3080 was 2pm - I think tomorrow is 1pm due to end of BST

ok so had my new rig for a few weeks and yes its, fast and frame rates are super high. But ive not really seen anything thats made this 3090 do anything incredible until now.

Popped Watch Dogs legion on via a vpn and literally cant believe what's going on. its like when I first saw a rocket go down a corridor on GL Quake and it was like insane. Its like that moment x a million.

The ray tracing in this is just mind blowing,  the water reflections of the world which have  the cars, people, and neon in the puddles, the flashes of lightning on cars,  and the rain all in real time is like nothing ive ever seen before and it really is truly an insane step for video games.

I know im not helping the thread and the luke warm few weeks of disappointment trying to get a card etc, but seriously to totally u turn this rtx lark is really beyond impressive with these cards.

Fuck knows what Cyberpunk will be like... in April.

There's still absolutely no news with regards to any of the other European countries outside of France and Germany getting any stock of the FE.

It's becoming increasingly harder as the weeks go by. I can't even track anything right now other than the German and French shops which don't even ship to the Netherlands.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the 3070 launch tomorrow. So far it's looking like the only option is going to be to pay 3080 prices for an AIB.

@footle @pledge @milko

Ha I'm still at "Payment Authorised" 

My order said this:

INVOICE DATE

Wednesday, 28th October 2020

ESTIMATED DESPATCH DATE

Wednesday, 28th October 2020

ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE

Friday, 30th October 2020

So technically it can still dispatch tomorrow for Friday delivery - ah well. It's just infuriating to know that if Scan emailed me - I won't see it because google are useless shits. I forgot a password to an old email and I correctly use my phone for a 2FA code and my main email for a 2FA code AND a previous password that was valid on the account and Google says "lol couldn't verify it was you - fuck off now"

Nvidia did another large drop on Best Buy here few hours after the AMD show. 3080 and 90.

It was quite funny to see many people in the discord channel who had been, how shall we say, less than favourable to the green, fall over themselves to get the FE. 

27 minutes ago, Len said:

Nvidia did another large drop on Best Buy here few hours after the AMD show. 3080 and 90.

It was quite funny to see many people in the discord channel who had been, how shall we say, less than favourable to the green, fall over themselves to get the FE. 

Haha because the FE 3080 is not only beautiful classy but it is still incredibly good value in the face of the 6800XT 

You know today getting the Scan order in and seeing everyone practically who ordered getting it dispatched and my order being stuck making me insanely paranoid - like too paranoid to actually be happy I might be getting a FE. Because its been six weeks of trying to get this - six weeks of being on edge - six weeks of hopes and crushing rejections - six weeks of utter insanity. 

It's been a ride but jesus christ I never want to experience this fucking nonsense all over again. Just give me the fucking graphics card already fucks sake Scan fuck man. I've committed to this fully as the EVGA FTW3 order is gone/cancelled due to the Germany only shipping faff the Vision went to a friend. It's all or nothing now.

Bliss or the abyss awaits me in the morning when I call Scan.

16 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Haha because the FE 3080 is not only beautiful classy but it is still incredibly good value in the face of the 6800XT 

You know today getting the Scan order in and seeing everyone practically who ordered getting it dispatched and my order being stuck making me insanely paranoid - like too paranoid to actually be happy I might be getting a FE. Because its been six weeks of trying to get this - six weeks of being on edge - six weeks of hopes and crushing rejections - six weeks of utter insanity. 

It's been a ride but jesus christ I never want to experience this fucking nonsense all over again. Just give me the fucking graphics card already fucks sake Scan fuck man. I've committed to this fully as the EVGA FTW3 order is gone/cancelled due to the Germany only shipping faff the Vision went to a friend. It's all or nothing now.

Bliss or the abyss awaits me in the morning when I call Scan.

Good luck man, fingers crossed for you!

So then.

It may be the case that I have a 3090 coming to me in the next week.

I say may because - as usual - there is always some sort of spanner in the works, and Klarna being Klarna approved everything and then decided that the really rather beautiful image of my driving license wasn't good enough for them to do automatically, so am now waiting for final thumbs up.

Didn't stop them from taking the deposit, mind ;) 

I blame everyone here for this. 

Delivery window set, overclockers order cancelled. It took a couple of hours to register yesterday that since Overclockers had already taken my money, this order wasn’t actually just going to end up with an increased credit card bill but was something I’d effectively already budgeted for.

11 minutes ago, pledge said:

It's also likely lower? The FE is about £80 less than I was paying for the card I was queued for at Scan.

Yes - £60 by the time you include delivery, and the game code. Wins all round, except I’m not sure it’ll work well in my case with my beige and brown cooler. That’s tomorrow evenings problem though.

today is hoping uzi gets his.

8 hours ago, Len said:

It was quite funny to see many people in the discord channel who had been, how shall we say, less than favourable to the green, fall over themselves to get the FE

Team green - treat ‘em mean, keep ‘em keen...