NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

Mine is arriving between 15:50 and 16:50, I'm back home from work around 18:00.

Make dinner, build it and then go to bed. Might not even use it tonight :hmm:

It's all Scam's fault (intentional)

4 hours ago, Adrock said:

Mine is arriving between 15:50 and 16:50, I'm back home from work around 18:00.

Make dinner, build it and then go to bed. Might not even use it tonight :hmm:

It's all Scam's fault (intentional)

I suspect the DPD van will be hit by some highwaymen on route to your gaff (highwaymen with Scan dogtags!!!!)

I spoke via Live Chat to Scan this morning. I tired yesterday but starting at customer 99 in the queue it would then time out around No.20. Oh how I laughed... 

Mr idiwa

What is happening with the above order? This order was placed on 24th Dec and money taken as payment immediately at time of ordering via PayPal. Since ordering I have spoken to Customer Services via live chat and I was informed that the order was going to dispatch with DPD and I should expect delivery on the 30th or 31st of December. It is now 6th of January and the item still shows as awaiting dispatch via your site. Can you confirm that you have this item in stock as I've been told previously, and when can I expect this item to be shipped? I don't appreciate paying nearly £10 for next day shipping via DPD to have this item sit in your warehouse for several weeks with no updates as to why its not being dispatched.

Jenny

Hi Iain, bear with me one moment whilst I catch up on your query

Mr idiwa 

Thanks Jenny

Jenny

Apologies on the delay of your order Iain, we have encountered some technical issues over the weekend with our software that processes despatch and we have a technicians coming in today to get this fixed. Rest assured we are aware of these but are still in the search of finding all the affected orders but I'll get this added onto the list now to resolve

Mr idiwa
So just to confirm Jenny. You're saying that you still have my order in the warehouse, you have a physical product that is put to one side for me. Correct?

Jenny

That's correct, we have allocated the stock to you it seems showing on the system

Mr idiwa

And when would you expect this order to be dispatched and delivered to myself?

Jenny

We are looking to get this fixed today and with the amount of orders that are building up because of this issue, we are looking to get this delivered to you later this week/early next week. I'll have the carriage refunded for you as well

Mr idiwa

So worst case scenario I can expect this early next week?

Jenny

That's correct. I'll send you a copy of this transcript. Rest assured once this has been resolved, we'll let you know once your order has been despatched

Gripping stuff eh... I had an ex gf called Jenny, she was a liar too :)

With every YT video and news article saying about how the graphics card market is going to hell again just like in 2017 I can't help smiling to myself still not quite believing I managed to pick up a 3080FE at cost.

A friend has recently got all the bits to build his boy a PC and messaged me yesterday saying he just needs the GPU.  He didn't take the current news well...

1 minute ago, dfq23 said:

With every YT video and news article saying about how the graphics card market is going to hell again just like in 2017 I can't help smiling to myself still not quite believing I managed to pick up a 3080FE at cost.

A friend has recently got all the bits to build his boy a PC and messaged me yesterday saying he just needs the GPU.  He didn't take the current news well...

It is absolutely gross. I only managed to get mine for work with the lockdown coming back into effect :(

Hoping for stock to refresh as it's a joke for everyone, ranging from the amazing value 3060ti to the 3080. 

Damn 2020... Wait... 2021 :'(

18 minutes ago, dfq23 said:

I'll be selling my MSI Gaming X 1660 Super as soon as. Must be all of 5 weeks old with 16hrs of gaming use.

I snagged a 3070FE from Scan. After weeks of not being bothered, Discord notifications turned themselves back on somehow and I got the alert and though ehh why not. And amazingly it went through. 

I think it'll tide me over until the next gen - I want to see what Nvidia do (and what their pricing is like) with AMD truly competitive again. The real time to upgrade will be when the last gen consoles drop off the radar in a year or so and the baseline leaps to PS5/Series X. At that point, games will become much harder to run and will probably start defaulting to 30fps on console again, at which point I'll sigh and have renewed interest in PC. 

I managed to get a 3070 when putting together a new PC from Overclockers as they had build stock in so might be worth keeping an eye there - this doesn't help folk who just want the card itself but I really fancied a new PC after slumming on a cheap gaming laptop for the last couple of years.

18 minutes ago, RJames said:

image.thumb.png.39ceb6e0a8eedafcd689bc69cc273c98.png

Back to square one!

I went through this pain about with amazon about four-five times. Honestly the most consistent way from most people I know I have got one is to camp Scan notifications - as much crap as they have had thrown their way recently in the thread - it is the only way to get one at RRP and at a reasonable change as sometimes their stock last longer than a minute unlike amazon where genuine stock vanishes in seconds 

30 minutes ago, Uzi said:

I went through this pain about with amazon about four-five times. Honestly the most consistent way from most people I know I have got one is to camp Scan notifications - as much crap as they have had thrown their way recently in the thread - it is the only way to get one at RRP and at a reasonable change as sometimes their stock last longer than a minute unlike amazon where genuine stock vanishes in seconds 

So you never managed with Amazon in the end?

By camp Scan do you mean camp the FE PartAlert channel for the Founders Editions?

6 minutes ago, RJames said:

So you never managed with Amazon in the end?

By camp Scan do you mean camp the FE PartAlert channel for the Founders Editions?

I managed to get one order preparing to dispatch but it would only ship to Germany not the UK - that was one in about seven or eight orders with amazon that moved beyond sitting there in limbo or being cancelled 

Yeah I used the telegram channel at the time for 3080 notifications - an alert came up and I hit buy using amazon payments on Scan - got a 3080 FE for £649 delivered from Scan. Their customer service was great too when I used the wrong email address and couldn't access the free codes that came with it

Re: 3070 

Should I be using two separate PCI-E power cables or can I use one cable that has a rat's tail?

The 3070 requires an 8pin and a 6pin power connector. The Corsair modular PCI-E cables (2x) both have rat's tails in place. This is a 750watt supply.

Ta. :hat:

IMG_20210107_153445.jpg

24 minutes ago, spanx said:

For my 3080 I went two separate cables. Not sure what each of those handle, but these cards like juice so prob safer to run two cables. 

Yeah I was thinking the same. It's just a pisser each cable has a rat's tail. I've already got a 8pin extension cable for tidier build (previously for 1660 super) so I've ordered the same as a 6pin.

Fuckin' cable management when you're a phat handed twat is nae fun! :quote:

From Gibbo, the guy who runs Overclockers, on their forum:

Asus have now confirmed to me that NON-OC cards are NOT discontinued and should be shipping some soon, they did say the price is going up though, I am awaiting to see my new cost as it best not be going up 25% as we can't afford to lose 25%, I have communicated to them we are still shipping hour one customers from launch day so they need to be mindful of this as its not our fault for selling so many within the first minutes of product launching.

Emphasis mine.
Btw, I'm in the OcUK queue for one of the 'base' ASUS TUF cards and have gone from position 2000 to 1200 in like 6 MONTHS.

Basically seems like all the vendors are massively prioritising making OC boards and fulfilling those orders because they have bigger margins. Total dicks.

F F S.

I don't really. They may have taken all our money day of order, but they also are one of the few retailers that actually allowed orders to be queued post launch.
The fact I cannot order a PS5 today and wait in a queue and have to use these stupid part alert services is mind boggling to me.

The default 30** series pricing is going to be the same as the crazy 20** pricing at this rate. Between scalpers and gougers the end user is basically being shit on. 

18 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

If you are happy paying up front for a GPU that you will likely not see for 6+ months then I don't even have the words.

I mean I'm not HAPPY about it. I had no idea it would be a 6 month wait and neither did OcUK. But it seems like the least worst option.

What would your solution be for managing buyers of a stock constrained and in demand product?
You can't take orders without paying up front because folks would just order one of every single one to get in every possible queue.

The only way I can think to improve it would be to have a master queue for people like most of us who would take basically any 3080 card instead of individual queues for every SKU. But I would still charge up front to ensure genuine buyers. As long as you offer easy refunds it's totally fine and sensible I think. 

I was at 330 on that queue and dropped out as soon as I could get a founders card.

what’s the new Brexit tariff on graphics cards anyway? 25% is Trump Tax, and presumably doesn’t apply here.

4 minutes ago, footle said:

I was at 330 on that queue and dropped out as soon as I could get a founders card.

what’s the new Brexit tariff on graphics cards anyway? 25% is Trump Tax, and presumably doesn’t apply here.

Don't know but all the EU ones have 20% import duty but I think that's just the same as VAT would've been here anyway.

Can't believe RLLMUKers gave up queue positions instead of donating them to needy others! (*cough cough*).
I'd love an FE but there haven't been any new 3080 FE drops since mid December.