NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

53 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

Oh, I'm definitely a moar fpses person, but you do still run into people who still can't be persuaded.

There is one guy on this forum who claims he is unable to tell the difference between 30 and 60fps. I know he is lying, he knows he is lying, everyone knows he is lying, and yet he still maintains his ignorance. I have no idea what he thinks he is playing at.

Nvidia EU just restocked.

I sat through 20 minutes of captcha hell and CC authorisation fail and came out with nothing. It was in my cart at 12:23 and by 12:44 they were out of stock.

Three guys on the Tweakers.net Discord got one. Told me to keep trying (they were having the same issues).

I've still got it in my cart. I wonder if it will remain valid until restock?

27 minutes ago, Fallows said:

Nvidia EU just restocked.

I sat through 20 minutes of captcha hell and CC authorisation fail and came out with nothing. It was in my cart at 12:23 and by 12:44 they were out of stock.

Three guys on the Tweakers.net Discord got one. Told me to keep trying (they were having the same issues).

I've still got it in my cart. I wonder if it will remain valid until restock?

Wat - I thought it was just US that restocked?

Just now, Fallows said:

Nope, for us too.

They removed Paypal from their checkout, so beware. If Mastercard blocked this I'm going to cry.

I just tried adding a 2060 super

Paypal is still on there?

Reddit is saying there was no UK restock - I'm so fucking confused you literally need to sit at a computer 24/7 for this shit!

16 minutes ago, Fallows said:

Maybe it's alright for Nvidia UK. I'm in NL.

You want your credit card info loaded in there just in case.

Ah my apologies - all these days of F5ing and I'm tired haha. 

CC is loaded in there in advance

2 minutes ago, Weavus said:

Still able to put another one in my basket 30 mins later... whats going on!

It won't let me check out, been trying just after you posted last

EDIT - and the product is now out of stock according to the shopping cart message. It's fine though, at least they're getting regular stock updates.

11 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

It won't let me check out, been trying just after you posted last

Maybe keep trying, adding a second one took 4-5 attempts to get the "checking-out" to move to the check out basket. They must be getting hammered!

Look, I know its dodgy as fuck but if you PM me your details I'll checkout this one I have in my basket for you. Better hurry though as I'm not sure how long it will last in my basket...

I'd need name, address, email, phone, and a credit card. I'm not a Nigerian prince ;)

Still in my basket at 6:22... If you don't fancy sending those details please reply as anyone else can try, really don't want this one to go to waste if someone on here wants it...

Can't imagine it will be in my basket much longer... anyone else fancy giving me all their personal details?

8 minutes ago, Weavus said:

Maybe keep trying, adding a second one took 4-5 attempts to get the "checking-out" to move to the check out basket. They must be getting hammered!

Look, I know its dodgy as fuck but if you PM me your details I'll checkout this one I have in my basket for you. Better hurry though as I'm not sure how long it will last in my basket...

I'd need name, address, email, phone, and a credit card. I'm not a Nigerian prince though ;)

Thanks for the offer but after the initial, opening eyes excitement, my rational brain has caught up and I'm gonna wait for a bit having pre-ordered a Series X due to intial unavailability of the card.

Anyone else want this FE in my basket at NVIDIA? It has an order number so I imagine they will reserve this one for about 15 mins or so before timing me out. I'm just refreshing the page every 2-3 mins or so and its still in there...

9 hours ago, Mike S said:

There is one guy on this forum who claims he is unable to tell the difference between 30 and 60fps. I know he is lying, he knows he is lying, everyone knows he is lying, and yet he still maintains his ignorance. I have no idea what he thinks he is playing at.

I think that’s Boozy the clown every time an Xbox game isn’t 60fps. Of course when the Xbox version of a multiplat is 2fps faster, the alternative is unplayable. 

Nvidia are ending SLI profiles. I know this was a joke comment but I'm just making sure people know SLI is probably over for future games. Devs can still support it themselves via Vulkan and DX12 but Nvidia won't be making SLI profiles for new games. 

With the emergence of low level graphics APIs such as DirectX 12 and Vulkan, game developers are able to implement SLI support natively within the game itself instead of relying upon a SLI driver profile. The expertise of the game developer within their own code allows them to achieve the best possible performance from multiple GPUs. As a result, NVIDIA will no longer be adding new SLI driver profiles on RTX 20 Series and earlier GPUs starting on January 1st, 2021.  Instead, we will focus efforts on supporting developers to implement SLI natively inside the games.  We believe this will provide the best performance for SLI users.

Existing SLI driver profiles will continue to be tested and maintained for SLI-ready RTX 20 Series and earlier GPUs. For GeForce RTX 3090 and future SLI-capable GPUs, SLI will only be supported when implemented natively within the game.

What DirectX 12 games support SLI natively within the game?

DirectX 12 titles include Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Civilization VI, Sniper Elite 4, Gears of War 4, Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation, Strange Brigade, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Zombie Army 4: Dead War, Hitman, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Battlefield 1, and Halo Wars 2.

What Vulkan games support SLI natively within the game?

Vulkan titles include Red Dead Redemption 2, Quake 2 RTX, Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation, Strange Brigade, and Zombie Army 4: Dead War

47 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Loads of people getting shipping notifications for Gigabyte cards now. If people want a card, stick in a preorder for a Gigabyte, it seems like they're flying out of the factories.

Oh good! I have a Gigabyte on pre-order... fingers crossed :)

There is an extension for chrome called distill.io that you can use to monitor a site for changes. In free mode it can send you an email alert. I've been trying it out the past few days. It's actually showed a change on the nvidia site this morning at 8:08 and 8:39 to 'ADD TO CART' I've missed it both times as by the time I get to the page it's gone.

On the positive side it does look like nvidia are getting stock in.

8 minutes ago, Fieldini said:

There is an extension for chrome called distill.io that you can use to monitor a site for changes. In free mode it can send you an email alert. I've been trying it out the past few days. It's actually showed a change on the nvidia site this morning at 8:08 and 8:39 to 'ADD TO CART' I've missed it both times as by the time I get to the page it's gone.

On the positive side it does look like nvidia are getting stock in.

That was just the website changing. None were in stock after the 5am 6am thing 

23 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Is there any kind of text alert you could set up for when the FE 3080's come into stock, or do you just have to sit refreshing a screen 24/7 injecting caffeine into your eyeballs?

I used the Distill.io chrome extension, I had setup 20 or so pages for 3080 stock for it to monitor (nvidia, currys, amazon (+.fr .de .es .it), ebuyer... basically places where there is no pre-order queue). For NVIDIA I simply monitored the "out of stock" button on  https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/graphics-cards/30-series/rtx-3080/ every 30 seconds and got it to send an email to me when it changes. Monitoring part of the page is much better than all of it as other furniture on the page can easily change and give a false positive result.

• Meat changed the title to NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion